WESTERN FINANCIAL GROUP IS MOVING FORWARD…… ARE YOU COMING?
PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR
**High River, AB**
Western has a reputation for continual growth, whilst maintaining its’ focus on its’ commitment to being part of the communities that we serve. If you are looking for a career where you know that you make a difference in what you do every day and have a desire to develop yourself, both personally and professionally, then this opportunity may be for you.
Do your past accomplishments include?
- Experience in public relations and working with regional staff
- Attending community events, selecting, negotiating and analyzing results
- Managing multiple projects and priorities in a deadline oriented environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and act as the liaison between several internal and external clients
- Proven ability to act in a consultative role whilst providing exceptional customer service
- Exemplifying Western’s Guiding Principles in your daily interactions
Truthfulness - It is the foundation of our business. We believe that frank, accurate and honest communication is always in everyone's best interest.
Fairness - We are advocates for our customers and shareholders and the trusted representatives for our suppliers. Our credibility rests on our determination to see that everyone gets what they deserve.
Value - We believe that nobody owes us a living. Our skills and knowledge must generate meaningful, positive results for all concerned. We will strive to be the best we can be.
Loyalty - We place our faith in long-term relationships, through thick and thin. We support our communities.
Our Public Relations Coordinator will assist in the development of strategies to raise the profile of Western Financial Group and the Western Communities Foundation; and subsequently coordinate and implement these strategies to include public relations campaign(s), media tour(s) and speaking engagements. They will also assist in the execution of Western‘s annual public relations plan which will include coordinating and preparing Western’s spokespersons for media interviews.
An integral part of this role is the development of metrics and identifying benchmarks, which contribute to the measurement of the effectiveness of media relations, campaigns, and Public Relations initiatives; so you will have to have exceptional attention to details, along with either post-secondary education or experience in a similar role.
This role will need you to develop and maintain relationships with the PR Agency of choice, as well as the key members of the media outlets and industry publications, in order to pitch, secure and coordinate Western media opportunities. It is essential that you are confident when addressing the external community through all mediums; continuously demonstrating a talent for excellent communication, teamwork and persuasion, in addition to strong editing and proof reading skills.
In addition to the required skills for this position you will also be required to travel and work on weekends occasionally.
- A chance to impact your clients’ lives
- You will receive extensive opportunities to develop yourself, both professionally and personally
- The sky is the limit at Western, if you demonstrate a desire and commitment to succeed
- A friendly and respectful corporate environment, in an established, reputable national company
- Comprehensive compensation package including:
- -Salary and performance based incentives
- -100% company paid extended health and dental benefits
- -Company matched investment and savings programs
- -Minimum three weeks vacation
Apply ONLINE today at www.westernfinancialgroup.ca
where you can create a profile, set job alerts and apply for this position