WESTERN FINANCIAL GROUP IS MOVING FORWARD…… ARE YOU COMING?
Internal Communications Consultant
**High River, AB**
Western has a reputation for continual growth, whilst maintaining its’ focus on its’ commitment to being part of the communities that we serve. If you are looking for a career where you know that you make a difference in what you do every day and have a desire to develop yourself, both personally and professionally, then this opportunity may be for you.
Our Communications Consultants are:
- Problem solvers with the ability to foresee potential claims challenges and issues
- Customer service and sales-oriented
- Amazing team players
- Involved and committed to the community
What will you do as an Internal Communications Consultant?
- Assist the Internal Communications team with the management of all internal communication channels for Western Financial Group including web content, print, video and email and make recommendations for new and enhanced channels and ensure that these enhancements are executed
- Consult with internal clients and business leaders to advance communication priorities on company-wide event celebrations, including all planning, correspondence, delivery and execution of events and programs
- Evaluate proposed communications plans and ensure they support the corporate and internal brand in company-wide communication and marketing strategies
- Draft, write and proof all internal communication pieces including emails, announcements, program/project correspondence, company-wide communication pieces
- Support the Marketing manager and manager of Sponsorships, PR and Digital to ensure brand consistency for all internal materials
- Assist Internal Communications Manager with company-wide corporate events including the Western Leadership Conference, Employee Convention and Western Communities Foundation Golf Tournament
- Conduct with research and assist with design, launch and execution of new company-wide intranet communications portal
What being a member of the Western team will provide you:
- Extensive opportunities to train and develop yourself professionally and personally
- 100% company sponsored extended health and dental benefits
- Three week vacation upon the first year of hiring
- Be part of the team in an established, reputable company and within a friendly and respectful work environment
- Company-matched investment and saving programs
- A career that makes an impact of our clients' lives
- Competitive compensation package (salary and performance-based incentives)
What skills, qualifications, and experience do you need to be a successful Internal Communications Consultant at Western?
- University degree in Communications or comparable degree
- 3+ years experience with internal communications
- Excellent communication and influential skills
- Must have excellent time management skills, strong planning, follow up and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction but act with initiative and self-motivate to meet deadlines and responsibilities
- Has experience being in a consultative role and providing great customer service
- Experience in providing input or developing communication plans and strategies
- Strong judgment, leadership and integrity
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, prioritize and deliver programs and tactics on time to budget in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Passion to model the way through our Guiding Principles
Do you exemplify Western’s Guiding Principles?
Truthfulness - It is the foundation of our business. We believe that frank, accurate and honest communication is always in everyone's best interest.
Fairness - We are advocates for our customers and shareholders and the trusted representatives for our suppliers. Our credibility rests on our determination to see that everyone gets what they deserve.
Value - We believe that nobody owes us a living. Our skills and knowledge must generate meaningful, positive results for all concerned. We will strive to be the best we can be.
Loyalty - We place our faith in long-term relationships, through thick and thin. We support our communities.
Apply ONLINE today at www.westernfinancialgroup.ca
where you can create a profile, set job alerts and apply for this position