*Western Financial Group is Moving Forward...
Are You Coming?*
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join a team of professionals who are responsible for leading the local Human Resources Team, and supporting internal clients with strategic direction related to our most important asset – our people. You will be based on Vancouver Island, supporting Coast Capital Insurance and Western Financial Group as part of a close-knit team with members in our High River and Winnipeg offices.
We want you to consider the opportunity of Human Resources Business Partner in Victoria, British Columbia if you are:
- Highly motivated and driven
- A client service-oriented individual
- Interested in directly contributing to the growth of Western and retention of top talent
- A proven effective team leader
Send us your application!
What will you do as a Human Resources Business Partner?
- Support the development of workforce strategy as it relates to the Coast Capital business unit
- Ensure the “people” implications of business decisions are understood and considered
- Provide general human resources services to business units
- Provide coaching, consultation, and advice to business unit managers and leaders
- Lead a small team of HR professionals to ensure business unit strategies are effectively supported
What will being a member of the Western team provide you?
- Extensive opportunities to grow and develop yourself professionally and personally
- 100% company sponsored extended health and dental benefits
- Minimum three week vacation to start
- Opportunity to work as part of the team in an established, reputable company and within a friendly and respectful work environment
- Company matched investment and savings programs
- A progressive career with numerous paths at Western
- Competitive compensation package (salary and performance-based incentives)
What skills, qualifications, and experience do you need to be a successful Human Resources Business Partner?
- A progressive career in the Human Resources field with a minimum of 5 years of HR generalist experience
- 2-3 years of team leadership experience is essential
- Experience as a key contributor in projects proposing innovative solutions and action plans to assist in the execution of business strategies and facilitating the achievement of enterprise goals
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related area. A CHRP designation is an asset
- Excellent leadership, coaching, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent customer service focus and team orientation
- Ability to develop strong relationships that enable a consultative client approach
- Desire to establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with candidate groups, industry related associations and the community
- Knowledge of the local marketplace
- Coaching ability to share your knowledge and experience with others
Do you exemplify Western’s Guiding Principles?
- Truthfulness - It is the foundation of our business. We believe that frank, accurate and honest communication is always in everyone's best interest.
- Fairness - We are advocates for our customers and shareholders and the trusted representatives for our suppliers. Our credibility rests on our determination to see that everyone gets what they deserve.
- Value - We believe that nobody owes us a living. Our skills and knowledge must generate meaningful, positive results for all concerned. We will strive to be the best we can be.
- Loyalty - We place our faith in long-term relationships, through thick and thin. We support our communities.
Don’t wait any longer, if this is where you belong, apply today!
To apply for this opportunity or to review others at Western Financial Group, visit our Careers Site and create a profile by copying the below URL into your browser.
NOTE: Applications by email will not be considered