Reporting to the Corporate HSE Manager, the WCB Disability Claims Manager is responsible for delivering operational excellence through the ability to make quick and accurate decisions regarding work related injury claims, and the ability to support and uphold such decisions with proper written documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine the eligibility and classification of claims by following appropriate examination of incident details and medical information. Ability to direct the examination process by requesting information from various sources such as; the injured employee, witnesses, subject matter experts and medical providers.
- Portray a polite, understanding, empathetic and compassionate manner to employees and other information sources while questioning them to ensure sufficient factual information has been secured upon which an equitable claims determination may be made.
- Explain claim intricacies to the injured employees in a precise manner, setting out clear expectations relating to the entire claim process.
- Interpret medical reports, test results in determining initial claim acceptance and ongoing claim management.
- Able to use knowledge and experience to consistently make accurate decisions regarding future action plans. Able to network with medical community to ensure timely and proficient medical is obtained.
- Communicate as required with various stakeholders; injured employee, medical providers, WCB case managers and adjudicators, managers and supervisors. Documenting communications as claim file notes outlining the management of the claim file and resolution plan.
- Ensure confidentiality is met, as needed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- Prepare claim files for cost transfers, cost relief and appeals via submissions to the WCB Dispute Resolution and Decision Body, WCB Underwriters or the Alberta Workers’ Compensation Appeals Commission. Attend appeal hearings as required.
- Prepare cost analysis, by means of interpreting WCB premium/cost statements and company reports. Review company reports for errors and initiate corrections accordingly.
- Prepare and distribute professional and accurate monthly reports to clients and the Canadian Association of Drilling Contractors. Monthly reports contain information by client, rig and corporately; man hours, leading indicators, lagging indicator and total recordable incident frequency.
- Prepare and distribute detailed professional and accurate quarterly reports to clients.
- Participate and assist in the management of audits, in person and electronic; yearly COR and ongoing client audits.
- Actively participate in department meetings, maintaining a team work atmosphere.
- Train new team members on claims process and systems.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University Degree in relevant field or related equivalency;
- Experience in an disability claims management role inside the oilfield services business preferred;
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and organize;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent Leadership skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Candidates with previous Oil & Gas experience and specifically service rig experience will be given preference.
Indeed - 23 months ago