The Junior Draftsperson will be responsible for the development and preparation of engineering designs and drawings using AutoCAD, writing technical reports, and ensuring that design drawings conform to specifications and design data. Responsibilities will include the preparation and interpretation of conventional and CAD engineering designs, drawings and specifications for machines and components, designing, jigs and fixtures for use in manufacturing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare rig layout in 3D, CAD using Autodesk Inventor
- Ensure rig documentation is organized and complete
- Provide maintenance and capital support to the team
- Participate in cross-functional, continuous improvement teams as the opportunity presents itself.
- Develop and prepare design sketches
- Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
- Write technical reports
- Develop and prepare engineering drawings, plans, diagrams or layouts from sketches
- Prepare cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- College diploma or University degree in engineering design and drafting technology
- Post-secondary diploma / degree in drafting
- Trade certification for draftspersons preferred
- 1+ years of AutoCAD experience including standardized drafting practices
- Ability to develop accurate manufacturing specs in a timely manner.
- Ability to create preliminary designs or conceptualization of design.
- Computer proficiency in Auto Cad 2D & 3D Modeling
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- A tenacious personality that will not let an issue be left unresolved.
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard