Recruiting highly talented and dedicated personnel!
Payroll Generalist – (Head Office) New Westminster Location
Reporting to the Controller, the Payroll Generalist is responsible for processing the union and non-union company-wide payrolls in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures as well as in compliance with jurisdictional legislation, collective agreements and generally acceptable payroll processes. This role is responsible for all aspects of payroll processing and reporting for the New Westminster Plant, Head Office, Edmonton Plant and Algona Washington.
- Post-secondary education in payroll and/or accounting or equivalent combination of education and practical experience. Canadian Payroll Association designation is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years solid payroll experience in a unionized environment.
- Extensive hands-on experience with ADP and its related software.
- Strong understanding of accrual accounting and analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of excel.
- Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws in Canada is required. Familiarity with US payroll and payroll tax laws is an asset.
This is a very exciting time to be part of Western Concord Manufacturing. We are one of Canada’s leading providers of flexible packaging solutions to the food and industrial markets across North America. Founded in 1972, the Company has operations in Vancouver, Edmonton, and Washington that have established reputations for quality, customer response and manufacturing innovations.
If you are interested in working for an ever-changing company that values your input and participation, please submit your application for consideration!
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume with cover letter quoting reference number PG-Oct 2013.