Recruiting highly talented and dedicated personnel!
Customer Service Manager – New Westminster Location
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Product Development, the Customer Service Manager is responsible for managing the customer service team in all locations including Vancouver, Edmonton and Algona. The position provides leadership, develops processes and procedures, and manages order workflow and estimating. This position oversees the customer service needs of all Western Concord. Some aspects of the role include the following responsibilities; however, is not limited to those noted below:
- Ability to generate, maintain, analyze and respond to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Required to generate reports from AS-400 and Monarch.
- Provides leadership to the customer service and estimating team to ensure the highest standards of customer satisfaction.
- Develops customer service plans, strategies, staffing plans, etc.
- Responsible for the estimating function for quote requests, RFPs and tenders.
- Oversee the entry and workflow of trial, scale-up order entry and workflow according to product development policies.
- Develops, implements and updates customer service SOPs for all customer service functions.
Please note that this listing is only a snapshot of this role’s responsibilities.
- Experience managing service staff in a multi-location sales or service environment (1-2 years of customer service or sales management experience).
- Strong leadership qualities and coaching skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint skills and design software (Illustrator/in-design etc.) skills.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Driven, self-starter with superb interpersonal skills.
- Strong listening and communication (written and verbal) skills and ability to deal with customers, suppliers, sales reps and internal teams effectively.
- Knowledge of flexographic printing press, extrusion and conversion processes is an asset.
- Possess superior multitasking abilities and project management skills.
This is a very exciting time to be part of Western Concord Manufacturing. We are one of Canada’s leading providers of flexible packaging solutions to the food and industrial markets across North America. Founded in 1972, the Company has operations in Vancouver, Edmonton, and Washington that have established reputations for quality, customer response and manufacturing innovations.
If you are interested in working for an ever-changing company that values your input and participation, please submit your application for consideration!
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume with cover letter quoting reference number CSM – Jan 8, 2014.