Western Camp Services Employee Reviews

great company to work for
camp cook (Former Employee) –  edmontonAugust 4, 2015
best company I worked for fair honest supportive of field staff and excellent office staff couldn't have asked for a better job
Pros
great pay
Cons
Always busy, exciting and met alot of new people.
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 7, 2014
I really enjoyed interviewing people and then calling them and letting them know if they were chosen for a position. I also loved to hear about how they performed during their first month at work and was proud of the ones I decided to hire.
Pros
very good experience
A company where the employee matters
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 9, 2014
It was nice to work for a large company that was family orientated and actually cared about it's employee's and employee advancement.
Pros
lots of room for growth within the company, lots of support, excellent people, more than fair compensation
Cons
potential to be away from your family for extended periods of time, working in remote locations
Enjoyable place to work, the people are great
Chef (Current Employee) –  I work at a Nexex camp in northern BCFebruary 27, 2013
Western is a great place to work and I really enjoy it. However, I live in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island and travel to and from work is expensive. Western only covers flights and other expenses from Edmonton on to camp. I am looking for a company that covers all travel expenses icluding flights, hotels etc. I am currently working 6 weeks on, 1 week off to reduce travel costs. I am a hard worker and i can handle those shifts however, It would be nice to have a little bit more time off.
I write menus, do inventory, assist with scheduling, safety tailgate meetings, ensure kitchen is run in a safe cost efficaint manner. Ensure all tempuratures are recorded on a regular basis, FIFO system is implemented at all times with lable and dating all items before entering the cooler. Employee reviews and evaluations. Work closely with the camp manager and camp co-ordinator to ensure all aspects of the business are running in accordance to policy.
Pros
i enjoy being in camp, i like to work and there is no shortage of that in camp.
Cons
6 weeks is a bit long, look forward to making more money and have my travel expenses eliminated.
Remote Location camp catering
Clerk/Combo - Camp Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2013
Regular Camp Catering Company. Contract, field work. Very good first impression with Edmonton office staff. Management at camp are wonderful. Staff are personable and great to work with.
Pros
room and board paid.
Cons
away from home 7-21 days at a time
Great bunch of ppl
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbJanuary 31, 2013
Great bunch of ppl who all enjoy there work and try help one another as much as posible. Long travelling and road trips took a toll yet very relaxing environment made things all good
Overall it was ok.
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 25, 2012
I found they were very particular about safety and treatment.
A typical day there was awake and ready for work by 7am and it was strip the rooms of towels and bedding and start laundry. We would clean the bathrooms make the beds dust and if needed vaccum. We had 42 rooms each and once a week we would go and clean the offices or recreation room. Management was great patient and understanding. I didnt find anything hard about the job. The thing I enjoyed the most was the travel and some of the people I got to meet.
Pros
they had satellite so we were able to watch a movie after work if we wanted, plus the meals were excellent.
Cons
we were so isolated it was hard to have privacy when it came to telephone conversations.
VERY GOOD STAFF
CHEF MANAGER, SOUS CHEF /FIRST COOK (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 8, 2012
GOOD COMPANY TO START CAM CAREER WITH.
LEARNED LOT,
ARE VERY CO-OPERATIVE
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
no over time