- Performs GMAW, SMAW, SAW welding processes as required to achieve proper lap, fillet, butt or edge welds that meet appropriate welding standards.
- Cleans welds by removing slag and spatter and excess weld.
- Performs air and soap tests on welds, repairs all leaks. May also perform other non destructive testing.
- Handles positions and assembles component parts of assemblies when required.
- Assists to roll tank shells when required.
- Torch cuts with plasma arc and oxy-acetylene torch where required.
- Takes direction from supervisor and designated lead hands.
- Follows instructions on work orders, drawings and welding procedures.
- Organizes work area, gathers welding materials, and sets parameters on welding equipment as per standards.
- Manually handles materials when necessary, but required to use proper lifting apparatus when available. Seeks assistance as necessary to prevent injury.
- Reading and writing skills
- Interpersonal relationships: the willingness and ability to use the appropriate skills to properly interact with co-workers, subordinates, supervisors, managers, customers and other outside contacts while getting the job done
- PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Moderate physical effort is needed to perform the job. Moderate degree of heavy lifting up to 50 pounds and use of tools and other materials is constant.
- PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT
- Manufacturing plant environment.
- There is some discomfort in the work environment such as exposure to high and/or low temperatures as well exposure to health and accident hazards.
- SENSORY ATTENTION
- Exercise considerable judgment in regulating arc.
- Some knowledge of metals.
- Considerable skill to apply proper amount of welding material in precision welding.
- Close attention to determine shape and physical properties of weld. Improper or poor weld may cause failure of weld resulting in loss of labour and materials
Experience required, Must be able to pass a weld test. Starting wage $18.50-$21 depending on experience. With the potential to earn up to $26. Benefits and Pension after a qualifying period.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Westeel Liquid and Agricultral Storage solutions