Division/Department: Inside Sales
Reports to: Sales Manager
Qualifications/Experience Related industry technician/technologist diploma preferably with minimum 3-5 years of experience in an inside sales role.
The position of Technical Sales Representative is responsible for the prospecting to completion of sale of assigned instruments and consumable products to assigned accounts and/or regions. The position requires a self-motivated individual with strong communication skills, effective probing and selling ability, customer service orientation and multitasking abilities
Responsible for selling assigned products and services in an inside sales role to designated accounts or regions.
1. Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned for the purpose of selling company products and services.
2. Telephone prospect to identify appropriate contacts, qualify and drive leads through the sales pipeline including quoting customers on price and delivery.
3. Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships via email and telephone.
4. Process customer orders as necessary.
5. Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
6. Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
7. Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
8. Advise customers about delivery schedules and after-sales service
9. Identify and resolve client concerns.
10. Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
11. Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
12. Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and educational activities to stay up-to-date.
2. Follow-up for collection of payment, if required under special circumstances.
3. Coordinate shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Good business sense and a professional manner.
2. Confidence, motivation and determination
3. Ability to persuade and influence others.
4. Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
5. The ability to work well on your own and also as part of a team
6. Good organizational and time management skills
7. The ability to deal with rejection
8. Attention to detail
9. The ability to develop in-depth knowledge about your products and markets
10. The ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
11. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
12. Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
13. Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
14. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.