WestCorp Employee Reviews in Canada

Westcorp in a nutshell
maintenance (Former Employee) –  All of edmJanuary 10, 2014
Terrible place to work, mean and unqualified managers, oncall is insane(one person for over 3000 units in edm). They use terrible cheap contractors and then expect the maintenance staff to go in behind them and redo everything with a smile. They pay slightly more than boardwalk but other than that it is the same or worse in every area.
Pros
good starting wage.
Cons
unrealistic oncall, unrealistic expectations, managers send emails calling the employees idiots(was shown the emails by an exempt employee), lazy leasing staff, pro women enviroment, wanda bone
A very Great company in it;s infancy-Super to work for
Turnaround Execution Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 10, 2013
.Quite a few challenges, but this is why I was hired into the position
.Many opportunities, due to this being the first major turnaround for the client with high turnover rate
.Most of the co-workers were in their early stages of development and were mentored pertaining to best practices and how to be successful.
.The hardest part of the job was the climate of the various unions,but with team building sessions and some mentoring, the client had lessons learned, going forward to use for the next planning phase of the next turnaround
.The most important and enjoyable part of the job was the relationship with the owner and superior.
Pros
great company to work for-treats employees with dignity
Cons
family emergency forced me to have to leave at a critical time
Have seen better values in my 13 year old neice
Frontline staff (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2014
Is Westcorp a good company to work for? I’m going to have to say no. I have worked for Westcorp for several years now, at the beginning I thought it was my dream job.. The longer I was employed with this company the worse and worse it got. The staff turn over rate is ridiculously high, the reasoning for this is because they treat their frontline employees like the are disposable, with little respect or attention to their needs. The corporate office puts a great deal of responsibility, almost unrealistic amount of responsibility on their properties rental office staff, but when the staff tries to make executive decisions (because head office drags their feet on anything if it means they have to spend a dime) the staff is promptly slapped across the wrist.
Westcorp promotes their core values, and drills it into their employees with monthly staff meetings, however the high up’s of the company hardly follow or live these values, as I said before, their reluctance to spend money is absolutely appalling, even when it comes to potentially emergency situations with their tenants, and whilst they are coming up with every excuse to not spend money, the front line employees are receiving all the heat and taking all the anger from the tenants.
Now lets talk about the pay… considering the workload that is placed upon the Community managers and their staff, everyone is grossly underpaid. Not only does Westcorp pinch every penny when it comes to their actual properties, but they do the same with their staff, where is the incentive to put out good work when everyone is getting paid peanuts?
  more... There is none.
Overall- I would not recommend working for this company, this isn’t slander, it is not dragging their name through the mud, and I am not a disgruntled employee. I just believe people should know what they are walking into and it’s the cold hard truth.
Cons
bad management, cheap budget, unethical