Job Status: Full-time, Permanent
Department: Property Management
Property Name: Westcorp Head Office
Location: Edmonton, AB
Reporting To: Senior Property Manager - Commercial
Westcorp is a comprehensive real estate development, investment and management company with a 30-year history that specializes in residential, retail, office, hospitality and mixed-use projects in Alberta, BC and Manitoba. Westcorp is committed to significant asset growth over the coming years, and is expanding the development and construction teams.
Working with the Property Management Team, the Commercial Leasing Manager develops and implements an innovative and comprehensive Leasing Strategy to maximize leasing and retention efforts of the commercial portfolio. The Commercial Leasing Manager is an integral member of the Property Management Team, ensuring industry leading levels of customer service to all potential and existing tenants.
- Negotiate all Lease renewals annually in a portfolio of properties currently comprising approximately 535K square feet in 10 buildings.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Property Manager to develop a multi-faceted marketing strategy to source new prospects leading to new Tenants.
- Work within established goals and targets to manage the lease renewal negotiation process to a timely conclusion, including the documentation of same.
- Work directly with Prospective Tenants and Brokers to fill vacant units, including conducting tours of properties.
- Present offers to lease to ownership with recommendations.
- Provide annual leasing/revenue assumptions for all lease renewals and new leasing activity projected during the budget period. Undertake a quarterly review and update of revenue assumptions.
- Develop, maintain and update a data base of market data for each property within the portfolio.
- Responsible for the marketing and lease-up of any vacant space that becomes available.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of five (5) years commercial office leasing experience
- Real Estate License with RECA is a requirement
- Computer literate and able to use property management reporting systems (Yardi)
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of all matters relating to commercial lease documentation
- Excellent people skills and time management skills
- Proven negotiation skills as well as sales ability
- Excellent ability to set and manage multiple competing leasing priorities
- Strong administrative and process skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Attention to detail and very good organization skills
- Security clearance required upon offer of employment
- Possess sensational customer service philosophy
- Highly organized, results oriented and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment
- In alignment with our Westcorp Values:
o Integrity, Vitality, Accountability, Results, Collaboration, Learning and Innovation
Please submit your resume with cover letter, in confidence, to:
Natalie Hanratty, Senior Property Manager - Commercial
Westcorp Property Management Inc.
Email: to the email address provided or Fax: 780-431-3331