Job Status: Full Time – Permanent
Property Name: Matrix Hotel
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Reporting To: Maintenance Manager
The Maintenance Technician is a front line professional that welcomes guests by maintaining all areas of the building, with an emphasis on the guest rooms. The Maintenance Technician must represent the hotel through excellence in service, skill and efficiency. The Maintenance Technician is required to maintain a flexible schedule and be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Perform daily maintenance tasks in guest suites and on building operating equipment.
- Communicate room status changes to the Guest Services and Housekeeping Departments in the event of damage or repairs requiring rooms to be out of service.
- Attend to requests from guests requiring repairs or assistance in guest suites.
- Coordinate any repair work with the Housekeeping Department and/or outside trades.
- Complete projects on schedule to benefit the overall operation so that all departments can function to the best of their ability.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager, ensuring the highest standard of internal and external customer service.
- Knowledge of all emergency procedures and general crisis situation management, including fire and emergency procedures, and Health & Safety standards.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all aspects of job performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in building operations with Hotel or like property an asset
- Basic plumbing, electrical, heating, HVAC, carpentry and painting an asset
- Possess good knowledge of construction and building mechanical and operating systems
- Skilled in time management, prioritizing tasks and working under pressure
- Display physical mobility and stamina
- Able to attend to details and follow instructions
- Able to work independently, quickly and safely
- Possess good communication, organization and teamwork skills
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent preferred
- Computer skills are an asset
- Security Clearance required prior to offer of employment
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Possess sensational customer service philosophy
- Highly organized, results oriented and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment
- In alignment with our Westcorp Values;
o Integrity, Vitality, Accountability, Results, Collaboration, Learning and Innovation
Please submit your resume with cover letter, in confidence, to:
Human Resources, Matrix Hotel
Email: to the email address provided or Fax: 780-420-4962