Career Opportunity @ Westcorp
Position Title: Building Maintenance
Job Status: Full-time
Department: Residential Maintenance
Property Name: Windsor Park Plaza, Windsor Park Lofts, Galen Lofts
Location: Edmonton, AB
Reporting To: Community Manager
The Property Maintenance worker is primarily responsible for performing a wide variety of maintenance projects in the residential complex. The successful candidate will also assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive predictive and preventive maintenance program.
- Coordinate contractor access and assist in inspection of contractor work to ensure the integrity of the asset.
- Work in conjunction with contractors on various tasks.
- Respond to resident inquiries.
- Identify and rectify general maintenance issues in the building.
- Maintenance work orders; heating repairs, sink back-ups, faucet repairs, drain problems, door repairs, caulking etc.
- Track inventory of parts, supplies and small tools.
- Perform other routine repairs as required.
- Assist with unit preparation upon turnover of suites.
- Prioritize and schedule all work to meet deadlines.
- Participate on rotational on-call service.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with Health & Safety standards legislation guidelines.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the Community Manager.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Three to Five years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and operations an asset.
- Must have own basic tools.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required.
- Ability to physically carry out the duties of the position, lift, carry or move heavy items.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Security check required upon offer of employment.
- Must be available to work irregular work hours; including weekends and holidays.
- Available for on-call emergencies.
- Possess sensational customer service
- Security clearance required upon offer of employment
- Possess sensational customer service philosophy
- Highly organized, results oriented and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment
- In alignment with our Westcorp Values:
o Integrity, Vitality, Accountability, Results, Collaboration, Learning and Innovation
Please submit your resume with cover letter, in confidence, to:
Wanda Bone, Senior Property Manager
Fax: (780) 431-3331
Founded in 1980, Westcorp Properties is a disciplined real estate investment company that develops, builds, and manages all aspects of a...