Job Status: Part Time, Permanent
Department: Front Office
Property Name: Matrix Hotel
Reporting To: Front Office Manager
The Guest Services Agent is a front line professional that ensures a positive overall impression of the property and assists with all aspects of guest services. They assist guests in all facets of the hotel experience in an efficient, courteous and professional manner that maintains high standards of service and hospitality. The Guest Services Agent must represent the hotel through excellence in guest services and possess a complete knowledge of all aspects of the Front Office, the hotel, the city and its’ attractions.
- Prepare for arrivals of the day.
- Welcome guests and ensure efficient guest registration and check out, assist with their luggage to their room.
- Prepare room key and assign room to guest.
- Advise on room amenities and features: may take room reservations.
- Handle guest complaints or any other events that may arise and report it to management.
- Post all necessary charges to guest accounts.
- Answer incoming calls and respond to guest inquiries.
- Work closely with all members of the Front Desk team, communicating all necessary information.
- Comply with established cash handling procedures.
- Maintain organized and effective front desk work area and lobby area.
- Report any guest incidents, accident or deficiencies immediately.
- Be knowledgeable of days activities in the hotel.
- Works in accordance with safe work practices.
- Protect guest privacy.
- Be familiar with the role during hotel emergencies, including fire alarms, medical emergencies and the use of Incident Reports and Logbooks.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 1 year previous guest services experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced and multi-functional team environment
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- Must be able to lift heavy luggage
- Must be able to work shift work, including weekends and holidays
- Security clearance required upon offer of employment
- Possess sensational customer service philosophy
- Highly organized, results oriented and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment
- In alignment with our Westcorp Values:
o Integrity, Vitality, Accountability, Results, Collaboration, Learning and Innovation
Please submit your resume with cover letter, in confidence, to:
Email: to the address provided or Fax: 780-420-4962
To view the original job posting, or to see other positions available at the Matrix Hotel, visit us online at www.matrixedmonton.com and click on the careers page!