Rate of Pay: $18.25 base to start + Premiums
(Increase to base wage depending on experience)
What Westco Offers You:
Stable, full time, permanent employment from Monday to Friday
Competitive Starting Wage with room to grow
Full Benefits Program & EAP Program
Matching Contributions to your Retirement Savings Program and Deferred Profit Sharing
A fun and engaged team environment!!
Duties & Responsibilities:
Receiving of products / Shipping of Products
Efficient order picking as outlined by the Lead Hand of your shift
Safe operation of power equipment including single pallet power jacks.
Effective communication with all warehouse management with respect to warehouse operations.
Develop and adhere to best practices and standards.
Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations and Food Safety programs.
Adhere to the Westco Values and company policies and procedures.
All other duties as required.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Forklift experience an asset
- Previous knowledge of a Warehouse Management System or RF Scanning
- Ability to work in cold/freezing temperatures
- Heavy lifting is required (high level of physical fitness & endurance)
- Previous warehouse experience is preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must have proven record of consistent on-time attendance.
- Positive attitude with good communication skills.
- Excellent focus and attention to detail.
- High School Diploma or equivalent would be preferred
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Team Player
- Basic computer skills
- Good motor skills, hand-eye co-ordination
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to achieve forklift certification
- Fundamental knowledge of warehousing methodology and systems.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends when necessary.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
Interested candidates may submit resumes in confidence to:
Human Resources Department
5500 72nd Avenue SE
Calgary, Alberta T2C 4X5