Westcan Bulk Transport

Westcan Bulk Transport Employee Reviews in Canada

No Communication and low pay and long hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKAugust 14, 2016
This company needs to give their head a shake and maybe should have stayed out of the oil business. You work long days at low rates and then have to fight with the payroll department to get paid even when you have submitted all the paperwork. My coworkers are good but dealing with the head office in Edmonton is difficult and never ending. They just don't seem to care about what goes on outside of the Edmonton office. Perhaps if they paid their drivers and employees better wages and maybe got rid of some of the excess in the Edmonton office things they might have employees will to stay.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours at bottom dollar rates
Productive & Great Teamwork
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lloyd, ONJuly 12, 2016
Awesome work environment, the office feels like a small family. Everyone works together to make sure all projects are taken care of.
A good company for me
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 3, 2016
Good place to work time is flexible good benefits and clean shop.Parts are well organized easy to find when need.Safety Guidelines are good
good place to work fun ,satisfing,great people
autobody tech (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 30, 2016
fun place to work,layed back,learning lots about the trucking industry,excellant co-workers,getting lots of expereance ,working on trucks
Awesome co-workers
Driver Liaison (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 30, 2015
I have very much enjoyed working with my co-workers, that has been what's kept me here for the 3.5 years. It's been a great learning experience as well.
Very productive and good work enviroment
IT (Current Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaSeptember 2, 2015
Good place to work at but a bit to much office politics. The hours are excellent working Monday to Friday 8 to 4:30pm. get full holidays and weekends.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, abJuly 22, 2015
Administrative duties, payroll, personnel files, work orders, month end reports. My co-workers where a great people to work with and for. I enjoyed every part of my job and then some.
Cons
The long compute to work 2.5 hours
Class 1 driver
Super B Driver (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 16, 2015
The tractor units are decent enough, just got the newer models this year. Everyone are good to get along with, pleasant atmosphere.To much emphasis on safety...it\s taken to far at times.
Management needs to be revamped, to many chiefs not enough indians.
Strange way of driver advancement.
Hardest part of the job, communication issues with dispatch.
the best part is hours, not a hard job to do, depending on what product your hauling. If you need to get home they will do their very best to accommodate.
Pros
Newer equipment (tractor units), good co workers, hours.
Cons
Poor managment, poor careear advancement.
An okay place to work
CSR (Current Employee) –  EdmontonOctober 9, 2014
The company has no issues spending thousands of dollars training their drivers, but training for office staff was non-existent. Terminal Manager at the branch did not like confrontation & preferred to overlook bad behaviour.
repetative, yet overll enjoyable
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJuly 17, 2014
start time was at 8:00am, but due to the fact that i have children, they were very lenient with my hours. i was able to start at 9:00am.I, along with two other co-workers went through all the bills of lading and driver trip sheets and matched them with what the computer info gave to us. It was transferred off the satellite GPS from the semi trucks. The co-workers were pleasant enough just a tad catty at times. Management skills and professionalism lacked a small amount. The hardest part of the job was only to achieve the exact number of bills needing to be done in a day. it was not impossible, just difficult. The most enjoyable part was talking with the drivers and making sure their needs were all meant.
Pros
flexiable hours, cafeteria that allowed tabs, weekly staff meetings to deal with all and any issues
Cons
repetative, gossip between co-workers, lacck of proper training
Westcan Bulk Transport
Dangerous Goods Supper B Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 18, 2014
Great place to work at Westcan Bulk Transport. Great Management. Very good dispatch services. Friendly Customer Service Dept. helpful Payroll Dept.
Good paying job with strong emphasis on safety
Semi-Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2014
I enjoyed working for Westcan, I would have continued working there , however the long hours and lack of sleep was catching up with me.
Good Employer
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 16, 2013
Depending on what you want as a career these are good employers. Prospects are low but wage is good.
Pros
new equipment, good earning potential
Cons
no furtherment really available