Career Opportunity in Kelowna
Position Title: Property Manager
Job Status: Full-time – Temporary (Maternity Leave Coverage)
Department: Property Management
Property Name: Various Properties
Location: Kelowna, BC
Reporting To: Senior Property Manager - Commercial
This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day administration, operation and maintenance activities of a complex commercial/mixed use portfolio. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the team to ensure industry leading levels of customer service and facilities are provided to all stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain tenant relations through regular tenant visits.
- Be a Resident liaison and ensure tenant concerns are dealt with in a timely and professional manner to ensure long-term tenancies.
- Provide key input into Administrative and Operational programs to maximize efficiencies while improving service.
- Negotiation of site service contracts (cleaning, security, landscaping, etc) and monitor performance of work performed.
- Conduct scheduled inspections of all properties in the portfolio including vacant suites.
- Monitor Yardi Voyager functions for accurate and timely recordkeeping.
- Monitor property record keeping system through quality and assurance inspections.
- Coordinate all tenant move-ins and move-outs.
- Complete the Lease Renewal process.
- Ensure prompt collection of tenant receivables.
- Assist with the coordination, pricing and implementation of various maintenance and capital projects.
- Assist with project management regarding on-going building and tenant improvements projects.
- Supervise, coach, and train direct reports in the completion of their duties.
- Mentor and motivate the team to achieve desired results.
- Facilitate orientation and initial training of Community staff.
- Ensure comprehension and compliance with all Westcorp Playbook policies.
- Ensure properties are well maintained in accordance with approved budgets.
- Preparation and implementation of operating budgets.
- Review of month and year end financial statements.
- Conduct market surveys.
- Ensures local, provincial, & federal laws and regulations are being observed at the community.
- Execute all work in a safe and professional manner and in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Legislation guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Property Manager.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Two years relevant industry experience.
- High degree of professionalism and dedication to all stakeholders.
- Proven ability to provide leadership, motivation, and develop staff to achieve results.
- Strong inter-personal and organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication ability, written and verbal.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Good understanding of accounting principles.
- Yardi property management software experience an asset.
- Security clearance required upon offer of employment.
- Possess sensational customer service philosophy.
- Highly organized, results oriented and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- In alignment with our Westcorp Values:
o Integrity, Vitality, Accountability, Results, Collaboration, Learning and Innovation
Please submit your resume with cover letter, in confidence, to:
Graham Hogg, Senior Property Manager - Commercial
Westcorp Head Office
Email: to the email address provided or Fax: 780-431-3331