Position Title: Commercial Leasing Manager
Job Status: Full-time
Department: Property Management
Property Name: Westcorp Head Office
Location: Edmonton, AB
Reporting To: Vice President – Property Management
Westcorp is a comprehensive real estate development, investment and management company with a 30-year history that specializes in residential, retail, office, hospitality and mixed-use projects in Alberta, BC and Manitoba. Westcorp is committed to significant asset growth over the coming years, and is expanding the development and construction teams.
Working with the Property Management Team, the Commercial Leasing Manager develops and implements an innovative and comprehensive Leasing Strategy to maximize leasing and retention efforts of the commercial portfolio. The Commercial Leasing Manager is an integral member of the Property Management Team, ensuring industry leading levels of customer service to all potential and existing tenants.
- Negotiate all Lease renewals annually (approximately 20-25) in a portfolio of properties currently comprising approximately 535K square feet in 10 buildings.
- Working collaboratively with the Vice President of Property Management, develop multi-faceted marketing strategies and initiatives to source new prospects leading to new Tenants.
- Working within established goals and targets, manage the lease renewal negotiation process to a timely conclusion, including the documentation of same.
- Working directly with Prospective Tenants and Brokers to fill vacant units, including conducting tours of properties.
- Make recommendations to ownership regarding lease negotiations.
- Coordinate execution of all Lease documents and proposals.
- Provide annual revenue assumptions for all lease renewals and new leasing activity projected during the budget period. Undertake a quarterly review and update of revenue assumptions.
- Develop, maintain and update a data base of micro market data for each property within the portfolio.
- Gather market data and review.
- Revenue assumptions for any potential property acquisition and when requested prepare a summary of findings for presentation to senior management.
- Following established review and approval protocols, the Leasing Manager, working with the appropriate document template and liaising closely with the Accounting Manager, will ensure that all lease and related security documentation is prepared, executed on a timely basis.
- Computer literate and able to use property management reporting systems (Yardi).
- Play an active role in site redevelopment discussions and provide input into the lease assumptions to be considered as part of the project pro-forma.
- Responsible for the marketing and lease-up of any vacant space that becomes available.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of five (5) years commercial leasing experience
- Real Estate License with RECA
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of all matters relating to commercial lease documentation
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent people skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strong sense of pride and proactive disposition to achieve standards
- Excellent ability to set and manage multiple competing leasing priorities
- Strong administration and process skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Attention to detail and very good organization skills
- Security clearance required upon offer of employment
- Possess sensational customer service philosophy
- Highly organized, results oriented and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment
- In alignment with our Westcorp Values:
o Integrity, Vitality, Accountability, Results, Collaboration, Learning and Innovation
Please submit your resume with cover letter, in confidence, to:
Chris Hawley, Vice President – Property Management
Westcorp Property Management Inc.
Email: to the email address provided or Fax: 780-431-3331