Career Opportunity @ Westcorp
Position Title: Building Operator
Job Status: Full-time
Department: Property Management
Property Name: College Plaza Professional Building
Location: Edmonton, AB
Reporting To: Senior Property Manager – Commercial
Assist in the development and implementation of an industry leading maintenance program for the asset assigned. Lead and motivate the College Plaza maintenance workers to attain the desired results and maximize value through realizing cost efficiencies. As an integral member of the team, ensure first class facilities and services are provided.
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance program on all building equipment and HVAC systems.
- Ensure life safety systems are operating efficiently (emergency generator, fire alarms system, elevators phones, etc.)
- Ensure predictive and preventative maintenance program on building structural elements and finishes.
- Identify and rectify any general maintenance issues on the asset (i.e. check all doors for proper operation, wear and tear maintenance requirements, etc.)
- Honeywell, Siemens and Delta systems monitoring of mechanical.
- Prioritize and schedule all work to meet deadlines.
- Ensure all work is distributed to the appropriate maintenance personnel and contractors.
- Obtain competitive contractor quotes on repairs and projects.
- Arrange contractor access and inspect all contract work to ensure all deficiencies are rectified and that the integrity of the asset is not compromised.
- Monitor and track warranty items.
- Submit all paper work received from the contractor, ensure it meets all agreements and process in a timely manner.
- Advise the Senior Property Manager on building inefficiencies and make recommendations toward budget issues as required.
- Liaison with internal and external key contacts for prompt, professional investigation and resolution to their concerns.
- Field questions promptly and professionally.
- Respond to emergency after hours calls and participate in rotational on-call services.
- Basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical and miscellaneous repairs on the site.
- Execute all work in a safe and professional manner and in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Legislation guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with Westcorp Property Management Inc. Playbook policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Property Manager.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- High School Graduate; Post-Secondary Education is an asset (4th class PE ticket)
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and operations
- Three years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication ability
- Computer skills is an asset
- Own vehicle required
- Security clearance required upon offer of employment
- Possess sensational customer service philosophy
- Highly organized, results oriented and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment
- In alignment with our Westcorp Values:
o Integrity, Vitality, Accountability, Results, Collaboration, Learning and Innovation
Please submit your resume with cover letter, in confidence, to:
Natalie Hanratty, Senior Property Manager – Commercial
Email: to the email address provided or Fax: 780-431-3331
To view the original job posting or to see a complete list of all career opportunities available within Westcorp, visit us online at www.westcorp.net/careers and click on job postings!