West49 Employee Reviews in Canada

Bad place to work
Mens Footwear Buyer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2015
Communication is lacking within the company. The company was bought and became part of a non-branded company. Lots of changes have occurred, 17 people have quit, and in a small organization, stability isn't a guaranteed. The atmosphere has become poisonous at the time.
Pros
I really don't have one
Cons
long hours are expected, horrible salary, verbally abusive, no appreciation
Its a cool shop to work for.
Seasonal Staff (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 1, 2014
Typical days were keeping up with sales goals, cleaning , tasking, and doing cash. I learned a lot about myself in aspects of what I prefer to do, as appose to what I don't like to do.
Management was up in the air when I had joined the team, a lot of changes were going up, and the company was bought out by the owners of Bluenotes, so in amongst change.
Coworkers were funny, board loving people which was fun cause At sportchek on my regular job i didnt have alot of people who liked boarding as much as i do.
Hardest part of the job was the changes that they were going through it was semi stressful as everything wasnt concrete.
Most enjoyable was teaching kids about the sport.
Pros
fun customers
Cons
changes
Very outgoing environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 19, 2013
A typical day at work included talking/helping customers, selling product, cashing customers through and maintaining store cleanliness. My social skills improved a lot due to having to talk to people I didn't know. Everybody that worked there was great. The management are very understandable, outgoing and fun, but strict when needed. The hardest part about the job was making that connection with every customer. The most enjoyable part about the job was the skateboarding aspect of it all, like putting skateboards together and talking about them to customers.
Pros
short hours
Cons
standing for periods of time
Floor assosiate: Hard worker,­­­ making sales & making platnuim goals, clean-up, customer service, knowing the product, stock.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJune 23, 2014
Working as a floor associate, making weekly goals, learning how to fold and organize the clothing, doing stock and how to receive products. Do mark downs and help customers find what they need.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
low wage
Outlook on west 49
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2012
Great atmosphere, get to meet people all the time. But I am looking for a job that will turn into a long term career.