West Pharmaceutical Services Employee Reviews

Global leader in pharmaceutical packaging components
Director, Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA23 August 2017
Growing company with a strong business plan to move forward. The company is expanding in global markets and expanding its reach into the market for delivery systems.
24 August 2017

Thanks for the nice feedback! I am glad to hear that you support the company’s customer-focused business strategy.

good place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NC17 August 2017
This place gave a lot of overtime and it was a joy to work with my coworkers. The atmosphere was good and good opportunity for advancement. I would go back if given the opportunity.
Pros
pay
Cons
building exploded
18 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your sincerity. Employee satisfaction is very important to West.

Fast-Paced and Fun
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL31 July 2017
I loved my time at West. I only left to follow career path that I had perused. Fast-paced work environment with focus on precise and quality. These are medical products being made.
Pros
Good pay. Room for advancement. Promotes Internally.
Cons
Usually start on 3rd shift.
1 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your employment with West. We strive to foster a positive working environment for all our staff, and we’re so pleased you’ve decided to share your experience.

Great Benefits
Cell Technician (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FL21 June 2017
The benefits offered at West are second to none. Between the option to buy company stock, 401K offerings as well as the medical plan, these are tough to beat.
5 July 2017

Thank you for the feedback. Our goal is to provide all our employees with comprehensive benefits to help them protect their health and financial well-being. We are glad you are so pleased with the package.

Job Stability
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NC20 June 2017
Great Job Stability. People are wonderful to be around and are very willing to help. Hours can be adjusted to meet needs of department. Very own office and test equipment. Indirect labor.
5 July 2017

Thank you for the review. We try our best to foster a productive, positive, and performance driven culture. I am glad to hear you appreciate the genuine care each member of our leadership team puts into our people.

easy workplace and good pay
Mold cell tech (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL19 June 2017
From my experience from working with West I would say its a great workplace. The pay is great, the work is easy and the people are very friendly. I would say this place is a good workplace.
Pros
Good pay, Friendly people, Easy work, etc.
5 July 2017

Thanks for the nice feedback! I'm glad you're enjoying your experience at West. I hope we always remain "Con-free,” but in case you ever start to see something trend in the wrong direction, please let us know.

Good company
R&D Formula Development Chemist (Former Employee) –  Lionville, PA7 June 2017
It's been a long time since I've been there and there has been a great amount of turnover.
I advanced from production operator to technician to chemist in my time there and had the opportunity to learn a great amount about plastics, rubber and composites.
Pros
great opportunity to learn
Cons
Employment drive by degree, not experience

Amazing crew and managers
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FL24 May 2017
What can I say about West Pharmaceutical? Everybody was pleasant to work with the managers were on point and respectful you were treated as a human being and there is so many perks to this job, just for doing your job!
Pros
Treated with so much respect
Cons
I wish that your would have lasted longer and wasn't temporary
5 July 2017

Fun and enjoyable working envirnoment
Engineer/ Work experince (Former Employee) –  St. Austell, Cornwall12 May 2017
My typical day at the company was enjoyable, the people who took me on for my work experience were very polite and was willing to help with my understanding of engineering and I was taught the basic skills towards fixing and finding faults in pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical machinery they had available.

The hardest part about my experience there was finding a particular electrical fault with one of the machinery there but it was part of the job that I would want to do In the future and I was willing to help fix the machine with the engineer that was teaching me to give me a little more experience before my week with the company ended.

The most enjoyable part of the experience was being there everyday learning new things and also learning what type of environment I'll be working in so that in the future I'll be more prepared for what to expect when doing an apprenticeship or job but the whole experience was enjoyable.
Pros
Learning new skills, slightly longer lunch times, The whole experince
Cons
Hard work, longer hours than I was used to.
Mostly fine
Analytical Laboratory Co-op (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA1 May 2017
Job was fine, and the pay was reasonable at the time. The lab tech jobs are very repetitive and get old quickly. Most of the time is spent on documentation and doing the same tests day in and day out.
5 July 2017

At West, we strive to thoroughly understand our employees’ needs, as well as give us a better understanding of our facilities. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to improve the challenges you’ve mentioned.

Want to know more about West Pharmaceutical Services?

Ask a question
Good Paying Job
Molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NE26 April 2017
The pay and benefits are the best in Kearney.Fun place to work.Management is really friendly and concerned about the workers. With the quarterly bonus, definitely the best paying job in town

Decent job
Modular Operator (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PA23 March 2017
The pay was pretty good and I loved the rotating 12 hour shifts. Management was horrible but whats new with these types of jobs. Other workers made the day go by pretty quick!
Pros
pay
Cons
management
5 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your employment with West. It’s important that we learn about challenges, such as yours, in order to foster a stronger working environment. Your feedback will help us do that.

great place to work
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NC22 March 2017
This was one of the best jobs I ever had in my life. We got he work done and had fun doing it. Everyone was like a big family. The management staff was excellent.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
breaks not long enough

Typical Industrial Environment
Vision Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PA10 March 2017
No real complaints about this company. They treat their employees well, with decent benefits, and the pay is comparable to the market in the area. But just like with any industry and company, there are internal things that could be improved upon. Overall, it is a decent place to work.
6 July 2017

We value and consider all feedback, and we will continue to find ways to improve.

Horrible - AVOID
IT (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA4 March 2017
The absolute worst place I have ever experienced
No leadership, old-boys club, everyone came in through connections - whether qualified or not. It's all about who you know not what you know. Micro-management is the name of the game.

Happy to be out of there. Treat people like dirt - zero respect or common decency. Back stabbing and kissing up to stay in management good graces. Lots of self promotion at the expense of team members
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Abusive demeaning treatment by management.
5 July 2017

Employee satisfaction is important to us and it is troubling to hear about your experience at West. It is critical that we learn about challenges such as yours, in order to create a work environment where employees feel they're valued and respected by leadership and others. We appreciate and consider your candid feedback, and we will continue to find ways to improve. I am disappointed to hear about some of your experiences.

Many position held with company
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Lionville, PA1 March 2017
Held many position within my 17 year employment with company. Positions held: were Receptionist, User Services Assistant, Video Conferencing Coordinator, 3rd shift Operator and Pricing Analysis.
Pros
great company!!
5 July 2017

Thanks for the nice feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience at West.

Not applicable
Mechanical Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ25 February 2017
Not applicable....Only Asians and White folks heaven...total diversity is something not welcome here...seriously...a few folks really are positive but I was glad we parted ways, i was dying on a daily...
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
6 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry your experience led you to believe that diversity is not valued as West. West works hard to build and foster an inclusive workforce and workplace. This is a critical tenant of our Diversity and Inclusion strategy and our success in this space is critical to us delivering on our promise of a healthier world. We will continue to make strides toward our goal of a diverse and inclusive environment for all our employees.

Challenging but good working environment
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Singapore17 February 2017
It was a very good place to work with good and understanding local immediate bosses. There are of course, daily production and people issues but mostly manageable through years of experience.

I have learned a lot about pharmaceutical industry and the requirements as we have to comply with some very stringent regulatory requirements. Some customers imposed additional requirements that were even more stringent.

I have to manage production, processes, equipment, people, quality, capacity planning, manpower recruitment & appraisals, discipline and compliance, safety and 5S, TPM, etc, over 3 shifts.

Generally the culture in the workplace is very harmonious and is a good place to work.

My greatest experience is when I was assigned to managed 2 separate departments and to merge them into one. It was one of the most challenging task in my entire career. Besides being new to the department and processes, I have to deal with two groups of very hostile employees who were not able to get along with each other due to years of being run by 2 different managers. However, I managed to unite the department into one. As a result, we are able to reduce supervisory headcount gradually over 3 years from 8 to 5, and production headcount from more than 190 to around 170. Productivity and teamwork was greatly improved as well.

The most enjoyable part of the work is seeing the department improving and we are able to become one team. The greatest pleasure I have is to make my boss successful in meeting all the KPIs over the years!
Best Job Ever
Laboratory Worker (Current Employee) –  Exton, PA2 February 2017
In the beginning there is a lot to learn, however the management and training team give all of the time and support needed to quickly adapt you to your job. All benefits packages are "Personal Choice" and very inexpensive. The upper management is very approachable and quite easy to talk to. They actually listen to their employees and take their opinions seriously.
Pros
GREAT work/life balance, incredible benefits, amazing management. Flexible schedule (which is great when you have kids)
Cons
I really can't think of any.

Awful Management
Compounder (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL8 November 2016
The company does not put you in a position to succeed. Poor communication from management. Management and HR are in bed together, so there is no safe place to talk about problems or issues about job or management. The pay is great but there is a reason why they have a high turnover rate.
Pros
Salary and Heathcare
Cons
Everything else
5 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience at West. It is troubling to hear that your experience at St. Petersburg was not the experience we expect at all our facilities – one where employees feel they're valued and respected by leadership and others. We take all concerns voiced by our employees and customers seriously so we can learn from them and address.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Pharmaceutical Services. Our community is ready to answer.