West Pharmaceutical Services

West Pharmaceutical Services Employee Reviews

Good company
Compounder (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL4 December 2017
Good company to work for with good people and benefits. would recommend to anyone looking for a long term job with good benefits and working conditions
En arbejdsplads med godt sammenhold
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Horsens29 November 2017
Der er en utrolig god stemning blandt kollegerne, og et godt sammenhold.
Top Heavy Management, Too many Chiefs
Senior Technical Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA27 October 2017
Customer view West as arrogant and they are 100% correct. West has a high turnover rate. It is a good ole boys club. There is a lot of backstabbing and in fighting at West. With the change of CEO, the culture at West has changed drastically.
Pros
Comenpensation and benefits
Cons
Lack of Diversity, Poor Management
31 October 2017

At West, we partner closely with our clients to create a healthier world. We work hard to attract and develop a world class technical support team to that has a strong sense of partnership and client-first mindset. While I am glad to see your positive feedback on the compensation and benefits, I am sorry to hear the negative aspects of your experience. I would welcome the chance to hear your input directly (peggy.tayloe@westpharma.com), so that we might find ways to continually improve. Our CEO, Eric Green, joined West in April, 2015. Under his leadership, the organization has managed a lot of change and growth. Among the changes West has seen an influx of new ideas, new pathways for career growth, and an increase in diversity. We hope this progress helps West become an even better organization moving forward. Thanks for taking the time to provide your review. - Peggy Tayloe, Vice President, Human Resources

Travail interresant
Opérateur de production (Former Employee) –  Val-de-Reuil (27)26 October 2017
Très bonne esprit d equipe beaucoup d autonomie car travail de nuit
Pros
Proche mon domicile
Cons
Pas de 13 eme mois
typical factory
Molder Operator (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PA28 September 2017
you have a chance to move up, but some favortism is shown. i was never sent home, but work had been hard to come by at times. Overtime was normally available if work wasn't slow. gave almost a 2 week notice when i left and they cut my insurance the day i handed my scrubs in, not the day my notice was for. i was to get paid for another holiday and didn't receive that pay because of handing my scrubs in before the day my notice ended also.
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
12 nights tour schedule is ROUGH!
2 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We value all feedback as we are always looking at ways to improve. Although we cannot respond on your specific situation, we do have policies and procedures in place for health benefits and holiday pay to ensure consistency of administration when resignation notices are given.

Global leader in pharmaceutical packaging components
Director, Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA23 August 2017
Growing company with a strong business plan to move forward. The company is expanding in global markets and expanding its reach into the market for delivery systems.
24 August 2017

Thanks for the nice feedback! I am glad to hear that you support the company’s customer-focused business strategy.

good place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NC17 August 2017
This place gave a lot of overtime and it was a joy to work with my coworkers. The atmosphere was good and good opportunity for advancement. I would go back if given the opportunity.
Pros
pay
Cons
building exploded
18 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your sincerity. Employee satisfaction is very important to West.

Fast-Paced and Fun
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL31 July 2017
I loved my time at West. I only left to follow career path that I had perused. Fast-paced work environment with focus on precise and quality. These are medical products being made.
Pros
Good pay. Room for advancement. Promotes Internally.
Cons
Usually start on 3rd shift.
1 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your employment with West. We strive to foster a positive working environment for all our staff, and we’re so pleased you’ve decided to share your experience.

Great Benefits
Cell Technician (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FL21 June 2017
The benefits offered at West are second to none. Between the option to buy company stock, 401K offerings as well as the medical plan, these are tough to beat.
5 July 2017

Thank you for the feedback. Our goal is to provide all our employees with comprehensive benefits to help them protect their health and financial well-being. We are glad you are so pleased with the package.

Job Stability
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NC20 June 2017
Great Job Stability. People are wonderful to be around and are very willing to help. Hours can be adjusted to meet needs of department. Very own office and test equipment. Indirect labor.
5 July 2017

Thank you for the review. We try our best to foster a productive, positive, and performance driven culture. I am glad to hear you appreciate the genuine care each member of our leadership team puts into our people.

easy workplace and good pay
Mold cell tech (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL19 June 2017
From my experience from working with West I would say its a great workplace. The pay is great, the work is easy and the people are very friendly. I would say this place is a good workplace.
Pros
Good pay, Friendly people, Easy work, etc.
5 July 2017

Thanks for the nice feedback! I'm glad you're enjoying your experience at West. I hope we always remain "Con-free,” but in case you ever start to see something trend in the wrong direction, please let us know.

Good company
R&D Formula Development Chemist (Former Employee) –  Lionville, PA7 June 2017
It's been a long time since I've been there and there has been a great amount of turnover.
I advanced from production operator to technician to chemist in my time there and had the opportunity to learn a great amount about plastics, rubber and composites.
Pros
great opportunity to learn
Cons
Employment drive by degree, not experience

Amazing crew and managers
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FL24 May 2017
What can I say about West Pharmaceutical? Everybody was pleasant to work with the managers were on point and respectful you were treated as a human being and there is so many perks to this job, just for doing your job!
Pros
Treated with so much respect
Cons
I wish that your would have lasted longer and wasn't temporary
5 July 2017

Fun and enjoyable working envirnoment
Engineer/ Work experince (Former Employee) –  St. Austell, Cornwall12 May 2017
My typical day at the company was enjoyable, the people who took me on for my work experience were very polite and was willing to help with my understanding of engineering and I was taught the basic skills towards fixing and finding faults in pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical machinery they had available.

The hardest part about my experience there was finding a particular electrical fault with one of the machinery there but it was part of the job that I would want to do In the future and I was willing to help fix the machine with the engineer that was teaching me to give me a little more experience before my week with the company ended.

The most enjoyable part of the experience was being there everyday learning new things and also learning what type of environment I'll be working in so that in the future I'll be more prepared for what to expect when doing an apprenticeship or job but the whole experience was enjoyable.
Pros
Learning new skills, slightly longer lunch times, The whole experince
Cons
Hard work, longer hours than I was used to.
Mostly fine
Analytical Laboratory Co-op (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA1 May 2017
Job was fine, and the pay was reasonable at the time. The lab tech jobs are very repetitive and get old quickly. Most of the time is spent on documentation and doing the same tests day in and day out.
5 July 2017

At West, we strive to thoroughly understand our employees’ needs, as well as give us a better understanding of our facilities. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to improve the challenges you’ve mentioned.

Good Paying Job
Molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NE26 April 2017
The pay and benefits are the best in Kearney.Fun place to work.Management is really friendly and concerned about the workers. With the quarterly bonus, definitely the best paying job in town

Decent job
Modular Operator (Former Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PA23 March 2017
The pay was pretty good and I loved the rotating 12 hour shifts. Management was horrible but whats new with these types of jobs. Other workers made the day go by pretty quick!
Pros
pay
Cons
management
5 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your employment with West. It’s important that we learn about challenges, such as yours, in order to foster a stronger working environment. Your feedback will help us do that.

great place to work
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NC22 March 2017
This was one of the best jobs I ever had in my life. We got he work done and had fun doing it. Everyone was like a big family. The management staff was excellent.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
breaks not long enough

Typical Industrial Environment
Vision Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Jersey Shore, PA10 March 2017
No real complaints about this company. They treat their employees well, with decent benefits, and the pay is comparable to the market in the area. But just like with any industry and company, there are internal things that could be improved upon. Overall, it is a decent place to work.
6 July 2017

We value and consider all feedback, and we will continue to find ways to improve.

Horrible - AVOID
IT (Former Employee) –  Exton, PA4 March 2017
The absolute worst place I have ever experienced
No leadership, old-boys club, everyone came in through connections - whether qualified or not. It's all about who you know not what you know. Micro-management is the name of the game.

Happy to be out of there. Treat people like dirt - zero respect or common decency. Back stabbing and kissing up to stay in management good graces. Lots of self promotion at the expense of team members
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Abusive demeaning treatment by management.
5 July 2017

Employee satisfaction is important to us and it is troubling to hear about your experience at West. It is critical that we learn about challenges such as yours, in order to create a work environment where employees feel they're valued and respected by leadership and others. We appreciate and consider your candid feedback, and we will continue to find ways to improve. I am disappointed to hear about some of your experiences.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Pharmaceutical Services. Our community is ready to answer.