The West Parry Sound Health Centre provides a wide range of services to the area’s 20,000 permanent and 150,000 summer residents. Our facilities, new in 2005, include 49 inpatient acute care beds in ICU, obstetrics, surgery and internal medicine, radiology, pathology, general surgery and anesthesiology; 21 beds in complex continuing care and rehabilitation; and outpatient clinical programs including emergency, ambulatory care, day surgery, dialysis, chemotherapy, and health and wellness outreach programs.
Situated in central Ontario on the coast of Georgian Bay, Parry Sound area features blue lakes, bays and rivers; granite outcrops of the Canadian Shield; and lush forests of the Muskoka region. Residents enjoy sailing, hiking, cycling, fishing, hunting, and swimming. In the winter, extensive snowmobile and cross country ski trails cover the scenic terrain, creating endless opportunities for recreation and adventure.
Affordable housing, quality schools, a vibrant waterfront, lively cultural events and a safe, family-oriented environment makes Parry Sound an ideal place to live, work and play.
Reporting to the Manager of Nursing, the incumbent is responsible for the coordination and implementation of nursing activities to ensure that quality nursing care services and programs are available and provided on the assigned shifts.
The incumbent assists in the strategic planning and continuous improvement of nursing services and department; ensures full utilization of staff resources within the nursing department; facilitates and supports nursing personnel in the provision of quality nursing care during off hours; facilitates communication and consistency of practice within the nursing management team; and acts on behalf of non-nursing management when they are absent during off hours.
This is a Non Union position, working 12-hour shifts, all shifts, including weekends.
- A current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, team building skills, verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and maintenance of high professional standards.
- Bachelors in Nursing or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Current ACLS and CTAS certification.
- An ability to multitask and prioritize both clinical and non-clinical decisions.
- Recent nursing experience in a variety of clinical settings and specialities including in ICU and ER.
Please submit a resume with covering letter by August 29, 2014 quoting NU 2014-113 to:
West Parry Sound Health Centre
6 Albert St., Parry Sound, ON, P2A 3A4
Fax: (705) 773-4036
We thank all applicants who apply, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only. Please be advised the WPSHC property is smoke-free effective Dec. 31/09.
WE CARE FOR PEOPLE
Compassion * Accountability * Rights & Responsibilities * Excellence