West Park Healthcare Centre Employee Reviews in Canada

Not a pleasant environment
Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONEJune 21, 2016
This place pays more than average, however it's not a great place to work for. A lot of political agendas going on, management are not supportive of their staff, staff are not being accountable with their actions and they practice micromanaging, which make the environment very unpleasant
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Politics, no room to grow, micromanagement
Intership
Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2015
I learned a lot of new thing at Westpark while taking care of patient. I loved working as a nurse. I started my shift with having the information needed to take care of patient. Then I did my rounds every day to make sure nothing was unsafe. I prepared medications for the patient since it was a lock down unit. I have to make sure that every one got their medications on time and in a timely manner patients have the optimal care.
Good learning experience
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2014
Good environment to learn nursing interventions. Staff were very hospitable, welcoming, and caring
Working with family and ALS patients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at work is assisting patient with ALS and bring the patient to his physical therapy. I wasn't aware what ALS before until I started working there and I have learned how it can affect not just the patient but it also affect the family emotionally and mentally. People that I worked with our pretty helpful specially the nurses and the therapist they were there when ever the patient or the family have questions . The hardest part of the job is looking at the patient's eye and see their frustration about their situation and watching them deteriorates . The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the very sick patient improve.
Pros
the trainings
Productive workplace with an excellent experience
Rehabilitation Assistant on 2EC and 3EA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of organizing groups such as upper extremity group, balance group, breathing group, standing group and theraband group. Working with patients one on one and performing exercises based on their plan of care designed by their Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist. Helping with patient transfers and working alongside with the PT/OT walking patients.

Working at West Park, I have learned a lot about patient management and what the rules and regulations are when it comes to patient care and treatment in rehab. I have learned the different techniques on wheelchair safety and what wheelchairs are suited for certain patients. Working at West Park, learning how to document properly and how to build a well professional rapport with the patients there.

Working with the rehab team is a very delightful experience and to know that everyone works together and helps each other out whenever needed.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help the patients and being able to build a really good rapport with all of them. Working at West Park has given me a chance to meet new people and build that professional relationship with everyone.
An excellent rehab centre with great people
Speech and Language Facilitator, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2013
I volunteered at West Park for over a year. I worked in a few different roles here, but mostly as a communication facilitator. In this role, I worked one-on-one with patients and in group settings. This was fulfilling position, though constantly a challenge. It really does take a special kind of person to work in a rehabilitation setting such as this every day. I came away from this position with immense respect for those who do it every day - and the people at West Park do this with smiles on their faces day in and day out.

4.4