All activities related to the profession of a Health Record Technician including:
coding, abstracting, record analysis, data collection and retrieval and release of personal health information.
- Certified with the Canadian Health Information Management Association
- Graduate of an approved program for Health Record Technicians
- Active member of the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
- 2 – 3 years experience in a Health Record Department
- Knowledge of pertinent provincial and federal legislation and acts
- Working knowledge of coding and electronic abstracting using MED 2020 – Win recs and ICD-10-CA CCI, case mix group and complexity methodology, day procedure groups, comprehensive ambulatory care classification system, medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and pharmacology, chart completion and accuracy, general health records policies and procedures.
- Excellent keyboarding skills
- Proficient computer skills in Window based systems – Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and Outlook
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Coding and abstracting of inpatient and ambulatory care records to ensure timely quality and consistent data collection. Submits in a timely manner to CIHI to meet deadlines.
- Prepares, completes and submits in a timely manner in accordance with Cancer Care Ontario (CCO) data quality guidelines
- Retrieves and releases information in a timely manner in accordance with current legislation, PHIPA, Hospital and Department policies and procedures.
- Any other duties, as assigned.
Safety (patient, worker & workplace) is a WHGH priority. The successful applicant will demonstrate good stewardship in the identification, reporting and mitigation of unsafe acts or conditions.
START DATE: To be arranged
Current resumes must be submitted to Sarah-Jane Irvine, Senior HR Consultant prior to 1600 hours at Friday October 17, 2014
IN ORDER TO ENSURE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES DURING THE RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION PROCESS,
WEST HALDIMAND GENERAL HOSPITAL PROVIDES ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS
WITH DISABILITIES, UPON REQUEST.
WEST HALDIMAND GENERAL HOSPITAL THANKS ALL APPLICANTS FOR THEIR INTEREST.
PLEASE NOTE ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.