West Edmonton Mall Employee Review

View all West Edmonton Mall reviews

competitive and challenging.
Sales Representative. TELUS Mobility (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta1 July 2013
My Typical day at work would be very difficult, although I've been through many obstacles striving to be better everyday. Client Experience is a very important role in sales our company has very high expectations for us to meet also with our goals that we have to reach every week. We are trained and coached through out the weeks as well. The hardest part of my job is trying to please everyone, because team mates are really competitive and it gets lets say pretty challenging as we all managed to get along and still strive to be successful and also that is unbalanced, Shifts are randomized to mall avalibility and i find it frustrating to work my life around them. The best part i like about my job is that i get to help people and make their problems a lot less harder on them. I problem solve and do what ever i can to make our clients happy and when they walk away happy so do i.
Pros
incentives and commission
Cons
random shifts often late, little team work, pay unbalanced.

Other West Edmonton Mall Employee Reviews

Customer Driven Culture
DUTY MANAGER/ ED'SBOWLING (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2017
West Edmonton Mall is customer driven place. They are dependent on the customers coming to the mall, and as such require that all staff are customer service driven as well. The culture at times forgets that the employees are what make the mall and the attractions run.
On a typical night we would run into drunk people, young adults who want to have fun are not responsible and while we have an on site Security team we do not always have a presence with them in our location, and can feel that we are the forgotten area of the attractions.
Pros
free bowling, and passes for the attractions
Cons
working long nights with little support from upper mall mangaement
Really good mall and most of it is a good environment for work and shopping.
Team Member, Pinkberry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
I've only lived in Edmonton for a small while, but I have come to found pleasure in the variety WEM has to offer and really enjoy the diverse shopping and work experiences it brings.