West Edmonton Mall Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Used to be a fun place to work at
Slide Attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
Pros: Free drinks, has more breaks than some other jobs
Cons: Unfair, biased and demanding management, high favouritism, overly dramatic coworkers
I started working at the Waterpark 3 years ago . I used to love it , but ever since the management changed, so many things has changed with it. It's not fun to work there anymore and they are overly strict with everything. I don't feel like they value their employees much. There are way too much favouritism going on at work, it makes you want to puke. As far as the job itself goes, it's fun, easy and lots of responsibilities. It's a good place to work for students .
Good for high school students
Admissions Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 29, 2016
I liked what I did, but it was no longer enough to pay the bills. A typical day consisted of greeting customers and processing cash/debit/credit/coupon transactions to mall patrons visiting the attractions in the mall.
Fast moving, good enviroment
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 5, 2016
Cons: Not enough hours or pay
A typical day at work is sales and organization. We have to make sure everything is stocked and nothing is falling off hangers or off tables. I learned better customer service skills by staying calm with a customer that was unhappy with our return policies. Management was good just need more consistent hours. My co-workers are the best part of my job, we are like a little family and work very well together.
Review for working at the West Edmonton Mall Admissions Dept
Admission Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Free Passes to attraction
Cons: managment practices, not enough hours
I would start the day by punching in at least 7mins before starting a shift then the work team would meet as a group to be escorted to the cash room by a supervisor to get our cash floats for the day. Each cashier would be brought her/his designated attraction for the day for example: Galaxyland or Ice Palace, Waterpark,etc. Then each attraction has to open at there set times then each cashier greet each guest as they enter the attraction. Our duty was to inform them of the best deals and safety regulations.
I learned how to deal best with customers and be assertive.
It was a great experience for me we had a fun Christmas parties, meetings and everyone was friendly and approachable
Admissions (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2015
Pros: free drinks and people are very friendly
Cons: Long hours, low wage
When I first started working here, I thought I wouldn't like it. I was also very shy, have a low self-esteem and have no confidence at all. But at my first day, I was trained at golf and had a very great experience with my trainer and my supervisor let me play golf once since I never played golf before. The next day was also fun, I made new friends and they were all so friendly. The people that I met are very nice that I became best friends with half of them and I gained more and more confidence in myself, I also became friendly to others. This job may not be the best job because it doesn't pay a lot, but it actually made a great impact to who I am today
worked with some great people
Assisting customers (Former Employee), forzanisJanuary 25, 2015
daily I would take out the new clothes and prep them to be hung up on the shelves. helping customers find new clothes to wear . the general manager at the time was amazing, he was so easy to talk to
Very exciting workplace with an opportunity to meet, greet and help new customers each day.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 27, 2014
A very exciting and interesting workplace. I meet a lot of local as well as tourists daily and am privileged to help them find the stores and information they need in order to have an amazing experience.
I do not at all feel that I am working instead I enjoy helping people and learn from their insight and experiences.
Good place to work. Moved to Maui, so time to move on.
Dive Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2014
I Found that I liked the managing side of my previous job the most. I am great with people, be they employee's or customers, and am looking for my place here in Maui.
competitive and challenging.
Sales Representative. TELUS Mobility (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 1, 2013
Pros: incentives and commission
Cons: random shifts often late, little team work, pay unbalanced.
My Typical day at work would be very difficult, although I've been through many obstacles striving to be better everyday. Client Experience is a very important role in sales our company has very high expectations for us to meet also with our goals that we have to reach every week. We are trained and coached through out the weeks as well. The hardest part of my job is trying to please everyone, because team mates are really competitive and it gets lets say pretty challenging as we all managed to get along and still strive to be successful and also that is unbalanced, Shifts are randomized to mall avalibility and i find it frustrating to work my life around them. The best part i like about my job is that i get to help people and make their problems a lot less harder on them. I problem solve and do what ever i can to make our clients happy and when they walk away happy so do i.
Development, Challenges, Rewards, Accomplishments
Full & Part-time (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 25, 2013
Began as sales associate, was quickly promoted to Department Manager for all of Ladies Wear for both WEM Bay stores
Responsible for sales and customer service, inventory and merchandising, training and scheduling staff, cash and credit balances, pricing and moving stock, event management (fashion shows) and department promotions
Great to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2013
Pros: flexible time.
My day started at 8:00 am Monday to Friday and
Ended at 5:00 pm. I took care of the customer Service. 10
minutes before 8:00 am I was already on my desk
getting ready for my job and at 8:00 am, I started
right away reviewing all the requests.
I have learned to manage my time so that I can
finish my target for the day. I have learned
to work independently as well as working together with
my co-workers without disagreement.
Most of my managers there are good with people.
I have a very responsible and good co-workers.
One reason that I enjoy working there is because I was
surrounded of very nice people.
The hardest part of the job is when I can not finis my target.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when I finished a
lot without any problem.
N/A
Janitor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I was working this job as a janitor only 3 months of the summer while the school was close..
Learnt new skills
Cash room Auditor (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: some late shift alone
Collected and reported moneys from Amusement Park at West Edmonton Mall various attractions.

Learnt money handling, counting and packaging for Bank deposit. Prepared audit reports.

It was a fun environment.
real simple place to work and always something todo
Stock Person/ Cashier (Former Employee), edmontonDecember 1, 2012
Pros: 10% clothes
Cons: usally we had to stay till the store was fully cleaned before leaving sometimes it took till 12am
Usually an easy job just fold clothes and open boxs and enter the numbers in the computer for the shipments help people find clothes and make choices also serve people on the till didn't really have a tough time doing anything there. The most enjoyable thing was talking to every one its a very sociable workplace.
Complete waste of time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 17, 2012
Pros: stores in the mall give you discounts, close to a transit station
Cons: little flexibility, long hours, low wage
The department I worked in no longer exists but I've heard similar complaints from employees in other departments. Pay is low, you get one raise period, and management is useless