West Edmonton Mall Employee Review

View all West Edmonton Mall reviews

Development, Challenges, Rewards, Accomplishments
Full & Part-time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2013
Began as sales associate, was quickly promoted to Department Manager for all of Ladies Wear for both WEM Bay stores
Responsible for sales and customer service, inventory and merchandising, training and scheduling staff, cash and credit balances, pricing and moving stock, event management (fashion shows) and department promotions

Other West Edmonton Mall Employee Reviews

Customer Driven Culture
DUTY MANAGER/ ED'SBOWLING (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2017
West Edmonton Mall is customer driven place. They are dependent on the customers coming to the mall, and as such require that all staff are customer service driven as well. The culture at times forgets that the employees are what make the mall and the attractions run.
On a typical night we would run into drunk people, young adults who want to have fun are not responsible and while we have an on site Security team we do not always have a presence with them in our location, and can feel that we are the forgotten area of the attractions.
Pros
free bowling, and passes for the attractions
Cons
working long nights with little support from upper mall mangaement
Really good mall and most of it is a good environment for work and shopping.
Team Member, Pinkberry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
I've only lived in Edmonton for a small while, but I have come to found pleasure in the variety WEM has to offer and really enjoy the diverse shopping and work experiences it brings.