West Edmonton Mall Employee Reviews

Really good mall and most of it is a good environment for work and shopping.
Team Member, Pinkberry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
I've only lived in Edmonton for a small while, but I have come to found pleasure in the variety WEM has to offer and really enjoy the diverse shopping and work experiences it brings.
Its. Good place to meet new people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2017
I think after working there for 10 yrs off and on i have grown to. Be a better person . and have had the best experience that i have had .i worked with some of the best people that i have in along time.
Pros
Free passes, company lunches, christmas partys
Cons
Long hours, gossip, rumors
Family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta31 August 2017
Continuously was pushed to be a better person each day and to work hard despite what was going on in my life and was taught many of the things that I never knew was possible. Management became my family and everyone who worked at the place.
Needs to embrace more multiculturalism
Customer Service/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
Most of the management teams are all caucasians. I haven't seen any other managers that are not caucasians. Above all, favouritism is one of the most severe concerns that WEM have to learn how to improve it.
Pros
Good job security
Cons
Hard to advance
productive work place
Cashier, Lids Canada (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2017
Lids Canada is Canada's number 1 destination for officially licensed pro sports team apparel, hats & gear. LIDS Canada is the best place to find team jerseys, hoodies, hats, & more in the hottest fashions. Working at Lids is a good experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
West Edmonton Mall has so much variety that anyone who decides to walk through the entrances will be amazed at what is inside. I shop there regularly and am proud to call it my favourite mall.
productive & fun place
Sales Associate, Lids Canada (Current Employee) –  LIDS20 March 2017
West edmonton mall is a good place to work. Our store usually remain busy on weekends and weekdays also. I learned the proper customer service while working in LIDS.
Horrible
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
Bad work place ... Horrible management.. expect so much from you . Makes you work late night booking and early. Very cheap and the pay is horrible! Over all this is a horrible place !
Very fun place to work if you like to think outside the box, lots of fun projects.
Journeyman carpenter (Former Employee) –  Maintenance and engineering.26 February 2017
Working here was great, you had to think outside the box on a lot of projects, always a great variety of work. Hours are great and allow you to balance home and work life easily. Management operate on a panic mode and get it done now, everything is number one attitude and then quiz why is the last job hasn't been finished or done, seems to be the the hardest worked most knowledgeable of the trades is the lowest paid.
Pros
Appreciation passes.
Cons
Poor management, panic style management.
Great Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB6 February 2017
My fellow employees were funny, warm, and inclusive. Manager was kind and patient, and professional. Work hours were fair and it was always fun to work there.
Pros
Free snacks every once in a while
Fun workplace
Galaxyland Rides Operator Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2016
Operating rides is not easy task, you also have to ensure that the riders are safe.
i learned how to operate rides, management is good, they're student and full time workers friendly they will give you the hours that you desire. hardest job is to talk to some angry guest and making them cooled down. enjoyable part of the job is when you see your guest leaving the place with a smile.
Pros
Free tickets every payday
Cons
sometimes you have to double operate rides
Excellent place to work.
Bench - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2016
I have always loved West Edmonton mall, working there is even better. It's retail stores are full of super awesome people. I have never had a problem working there.
high school job environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
working at west Edmonton mall was a good experience, friendly staff and lots of new customers every hour.
have gotten first aid and CPR training before starting the job.
co workers were very friendly.
Pros
close to home
Cons
unclean
Used to be a fun place to be at
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2016
This place used to be ideal to work at. The managers and staff were fun and making customers have fun too. Since new management has taken over, the fun aspect has been taken out and it's basically go there and work, and can't wait to get out. Room for advancement is next to none unless you really suck up to management, they don't look at talent or how hard you work.
Pros
25% off food and appreciation passes
Cons
No advancement or raises
fantastic place with great staff
Rides Attendant and Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 September 2016
Learn so much skills and had improved myself over the year of working there. Really good staff and fun place to work. The hardest part of the job is the late/early booking.
Pros
free tickets to any mall attraction. friendly staff
Cons
could be paid little more, Rude guest sometimes
Good job while it lasted.
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  waterpark15 August 2016
The work environment was great, but for working there for two years, they where not willing to give me the hours that i request after months even after employees where leaving.
Pros
good employees
Cons
poorly managed
Great place to develop customer service skills
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Payless Shoe Source31 July 2016
You normally would do things like getting shipment out onto the racks, help customers find shoes, ringing customers through the till and many other things as well. Management is friendly and easy to talk to same with my co-workers. Hardest thing for me is sometimes needing to get so much done in a short amount of time.
Used to be a fun place to work at
Slide Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2016
I started working at the Waterpark 3 years ago . I used to love it , but ever since the management changed, so many things has changed with it. It's not fun to work there anymore and they are overly strict with everything. I don't feel like they value their employees much. There are way too much favouritism going on at work, it makes you want to puke. As far as the job itself goes, it's fun, easy and lots of responsibilities. It's a good place to work for students .
Pros
Free drinks, has more breaks than some other jobs
Cons
Unfair, biased and demanding management, high favouritism, overly dramatic coworkers
Good for high school students
Admissions Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2016
I liked what I did, but it was no longer enough to pay the bills. A typical day consisted of greeting customers and processing cash/debit/credit/coupon transactions to mall patrons visiting the attractions in the mall.
Fast moving, good enviroment
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2016
A typical day at work is sales and organization. We have to make sure everything is stocked and nothing is falling off hangers or off tables. I learned better customer service skills by staying calm with a customer that was unhappy with our return policies. Management was good just need more consistent hours. My co-workers are the best part of my job, we are like a little family and work very well together.
Cons
Not enough hours or pay