West Corporation

West Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical Accounting Environment.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 12, 2014
This company is your usual accounting department but includes the nicest people I have ever worked with.
Fun job that helped me
HR Liaison (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 12, 2014
I worked as a liaison for Boeing Corp through West. A typical day saw me answering Boeing employees questions about Pension, Savings, Life Insurance, Payroll, and Beyond. Additionally I helped the Vice President of Client Services on a temporary project. This was a temporary position.
you are always replaceable
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 12, 2014
ok workplace as long as you are good with people, because even though you aren't face to face with customers you still have to be courteous to them even when they aren't the same to you.
A good job for a person that does not want to move alot. Good pay. Good Hours
CSA (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: unlimited overtime, very flexible hours.
Cons: having to sit in a cold environment for 7 hours.
Typical Day At Work: Find a set. Clock in. Begin working.

What I've Learned: They job really helped me work on my memory because you have to say everything the way you are told to and that changes all the time.

Management: Favoritism

Co-Workers: Very helpful when they can help. being that this job is not based on group effort you have to do all your – more... work before trying to help another person because you are being timed, watched & listened to while on calls.

Hardest Part Of Job: Having to sit in one spot for hours when it is freezing. Needing help & supervisors walking past acting like they don't see you. Dealing with supervisors that do not really care to help you.

Enjoyable Part Of Job: Being able to, for the most part work your own schedule. – less
It was a great place to work at first.
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Niles, OHJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: no advancement, short breaks
My typical day was taking at least 30-40 calls a day. I learned very quickly how to multi-task and I enjoyed my co-workers, some of which I still keep in touch with. It was great pay, but the breaks and lunches were too short. The biggest con about this job is no advancement or job security.
High turnover rate, poor management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: vendors that come for lunch
Cons: everything
West has some of the worst people as managers. Management cares absolutely nothing about the employees. Also, there is a ton of favoritism that occurs often. They will give you a PIN, but you dotted your T's and crossed all your I's. Coaches/supervisors slack on their jobs and when things start to reflect badly on them, they blame you. Training is okay – more... for the most part. – less
Great company to work for
Client Operations Team Lead (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJanuary 8, 2014
West Corporation is a great company to work for. Lots of clients, so job security is wonderful. Management team is wonderful. Only downfall is their selection of agents that are hired and Team Leads have poor attitudes
wonderful
CSR (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 8, 2014
Great atmosphere and wonderful environment. Management was great and always understood when an emergency came up.
Process / Review Short Sales.
Short Sale Expert (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 7, 2014
West Corporation is a call center environment. Real estate agents and also clients could call and check the status of their short sale. It was very stressful to hear people going through that situation.
Great Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: texas
Great people, great experience wouldnt change it for nothing.
work on commission
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 6, 2014
Your pay based on sales and you mist like being on the phone. Alot of typing and data entry.
Convenient
Customer Service Representattive (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: hours limited, pay minimum, advancement rare
The job was convenient because there was no commute to work. The down side to this place is advancement is not always available and the hours were few if any at all.
Fun and Productive
customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no cons
helping customers deal with service problems and management was great co-workers where ambitious the hardest part of my job was probably the customers and the most enjoyable thing about work I would have to say the customers.
Typical Call Center
PRODUCTION TEAM LEAD (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 3, 2014
It is the typical call center, if you are an agent you having a knowledge of finance and credit cards is helpful
Very Professional Workplace
Payroll Specialist / Garnishment Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: co-workers are friendly and courteous
Cons: increase in rate of pay does not happen often
Very busy workplace, you have to be very organized and must have a the ability to learn in a fast paced atmosphere.
Typical work day was taking calls.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCDecember 31, 2013
It wasn't the best environment such as management but other than that it was okay.
Horrible
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 30, 2013
Pros: set schedule
Cons: no advancement, favortism, and also managment are a bunch of bullies
I did not like working there. You don't get paid for all the hard work you have to put in. The benefits are not good. The benefits for 401k is a rip off and the health care is horrible, its a discount plan. Some of the managers operate in workplace bullying. I've seen so many people in the bathroom crying for being yelled at or even being talking down – more... to. I experianced it – less
Every Day @ West was "even better" than the last.
Tech Support (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 28, 2013
Pros: fairly lax dress code
Cons: agents are not considered as employees for the company health plan.
At first I thought West might be a good place to work but I soon found that although the training was not hard,(I took both sales and tech support training) it was also inadequate in many ways. For example, you might be told to use one system to solve an issue exclusively when it was common or even more efficient to use another. But either way, most – more... people hit the floor without a working knowledge of what some of these systems are actually doing. There are many drawbacks that to mention would sound negative beyond rational reflection but if you've never had another job, West might be the place for you.
West was a poor choice for me. It took over a year and a half to find that out. Now that I'm gone, I can't think of any reason I'd want to be back other than the desperate situation that lead me there to begin with. – less
It's a good place to work overall.
AT&T Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 27, 2013
I have learned a lot from my employment at West. I have had an overall good time working for West Corp.
Always excited to learn.
Customer Account Executive (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 26, 2013
Pros: bounses
Assist customers with all questions and concerns. Handle daily task.

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Photos