West Corporation

West Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 22, 2014
Overall great experience at this job. I had great team members, and we all got alone very well. We always looked out for each other and got things done as a team.
hostile work environment
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), reno, nvApril 22, 2014
Telecommunications assist customers with problems and issues with accounts. Provide great service and work with the customer to resolve complaints and problems.
Hire and fire work environment
Inbound calls for Altlel phone company
Agent (Former Employee), universal city,TXApril 22, 2014
Very nicer job flexible schedules and good money..Did a lot of company WAYS TO MAKE MORE MONEY rewards for good call time and QA scoring
It's a J-O-B that barely pays the bills. About all I can say.
Consumer Relations Agent (Current Employee), Appleton, WIApril 21, 2014
Pros: always getting free lunches and stuff but sometimes that can be a bad thing
Cons: pay is horrible, feel like a slave connected to a headset, the list goes on
It's a call center. You are expected to do everything perfectly and keep your metrics perfect, all while the rules and procedures are constantly changing. A typical day at work can be described as stressful and confusing. I'm being honest. Way too much expected for way too little pay and benefits.
N/A
Residential Billing Representative (Former Employee), Pasco, WAApril 17, 2014
Worked as a residential billing and sales rep though AT&T. Selling to customers who were angry about billing or disconnections was very difficult. Eventually, West closed. I learned serveral different computer programs and phone programs.
Working at West Corporation
Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: long enough breaks, commission
Cons: rude customers
Working at West Corp. was an interesting experience. I met a lot of great people but also a lot of rude and quiet people. My typical day at work involved me calling Direct TV customers to ask them if they would like to upgrade their current packages for a limited price or even free for a certain amount of time. I learned how to work with others as a – more... team and became better at communicating with others. My co-workers were great people. We became like a family after working so long together and training together. I think that the hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with rude customers only because they wouldn't listen to what you had to say and would hang up. But then the most enjoyable part of the job was having a customer listen and accept the upgrade. I talked to many nice people. – less
Security
Facility Safety Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 16, 2014
Great Place to work lots of room for advancement. Great people to work with.
Easy job for college students
OTS (Former Employee), San AntonioApril 16, 2014
Cons: very high turnover rate
Good place to work if you value steady work without many changes. Advancement opportunities rely on who you know and which project you're assigned to at employment. Compensation matches the complexity of the work, but raises or additional compensation are rarely seen. Employment may end abruptly when a project closes.

Perks are pot lucks, sales contests – more... with prizes and yearly employee days. Negatives are the managers who don't work with each other so info gets lost in translation, and expensive healthcare options. – less
Typical job duties.
AT&T Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), Reno, NVApril 15, 2014
Call center AT&T, where I support customers with online billing and account issues. I also help customers having data connectivity issues and provide thorough support and problem resolution for customers.
Sales Rep
Customer Care & Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 15, 2014
Served as customer care for AT&T, provide accurate information to customers about statement, services and plans, I learn about customer service and also made transition from service to do a sale, management was not that great there were no compensations for sales, my co-workers were amazing it was an Hispanic culture, hardest part was pressure without – more... compensation, talking to my culture and helping costumers in Spanish was the best. – less
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Niles, OHApril 14, 2014
West allowed for opportunity to grow. It provided a freedom to create your own work schedule which made me want to work. I loved my time of employment at West. The best part of the day was the atmosphere that was created by our supervisors.
this is not a place you advance in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 14, 2014
Pros: if your new to customer service this job will help you with your skills
Cons: no room for advancement.
leave before you get fired. its kind of like working at mcdonalds because your unemployed at the time. you just need a job until you find a career
Productive work place with great coworkers and Teamwork
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 14, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, 40+hours, great resume building company
Cons: for the ammount of responsibility we have, the pay could be better
The company is a great company to work for if you can get by on a lower income. Teamwork is amazing and management is very helpful at resolving issues. Salary is not that great but it is a great place to build up your resume. I built great relationships inside At&t's staff and with their customers as well
Deceptive Practices
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 13, 2014
Pros: they will hire anyone...if you need a job, proceed at your own risk
Cons: treated like a child, constant lies regarding pay
I've read "bait & switch" in several reviews, I can only amplify that review. Income potential (as quoted by HR upon taking the job) was nothing short of a lie. An annual income figure as quoted for top performers, was nearly DOUBLE what I earned, even as a top performer. Bonus structures change monthly, and designed solely to withhold bonuses earned. – more... There are complex formulas to calculate bonuses, and dozens of "punishments" that take bonuses away, including being off the phones beyond a maximum allowed, and most of that time off the phones is to attend meetings that management requires. Yes, attending required meetings counts against you, as though you were deliberately not working.

No respect for employees, pretty much a minimum-wage sweat shop. $10 or $11 dollars an hour, and a whole bundle of lies beyond that. – less
great company good people
Costumer service rep (Current Employee), omaha neApril 10, 2014
Pros: the percs
Cons: breaks scoring
Helping costumers obtain there medicine by trouble shooting problems accurately assisting

I learned people skills and my passion for helping and caring

Management keeps me movated and willing to come to work and very helpful

costumers yelling and cusing you out

the people i work with a nice famiy environment
Bait & Switch - Watch Out!
I applied for a job there (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 9, 2014
Pros: high turnover means they are always hiring
Cons: high turnover means they are not a good place to work
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me! This company is notorious for bait and switching candidates for job interviews. Example: I apply for a specific job and get called in for an interview...I assume it is for the job I applied for....get to the interview and learn it's for a totally different job than I applied for - one in which – more... I have no interest in. I was told that everyone gets the same interview and then they, HR, determines where you go. Really?!?!?! What the heck is this? That's like paying for a Ford and the dealer says sorry I can only sell you a Chevy. Ridiculous!!!! – less
Great place t work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 9, 2014
Pros: meeting new people.
Cons: calling the same people over and over again daily.
Answer the phone, greet customers on the phone or in person with a very positive attitude, renew established customer's loans or new customers, perform credit checks, open and balance a cash drawer.
Work day
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 8, 2014
This job was not a reliable job. I worked here for a short time which helped me get through nursing school.
One of my ok jobs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bryan, TXApril 8, 2014
Working at west Corporation was ok to make sure that the customers needs were meet to the best of my ability.
See review
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Niles, OHApril 8, 2014
Cons: made to constantly feel like you are walking on egg shells
This one is unauthorized to write a review at this time. I am still currently employed at West and would like it to stay that way until a better opportunity arises.

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Photos