West Corporation

West Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The experience was great
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee), Portmore & 7east west trade waySeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch and staff bus ride
Cons: n/a
I have learnt alot, i have done trouble shooting and activation for american citzens who are experiencing issue with there cable boxes and internet modem
overall job
Telemarketing Representative (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 29, 2014
Very good job. Nice environment. friendly and laid back. good opportunity to move up.
Great Place to work, with amazing management staff
Technical Support and Customer Assistance (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 29, 2014
Highly recommend this company for anyone looking to learn a basic knowledge of the automotive lube industry.
great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 29, 2014
Very good team of workers and management I enjoyed the atmosphere and a typical day was just busy and you learned a lot
great atmosphere
Good Company
Windows Linux System Administrator (Current Employee), Westminster, COSeptember 25, 2014
West Corporation is a good overall company to work for. Management has worked with me ever since I started to expose me to as many basic aspects of being a Window System Adminsitrator.
introduction to call centers was good.
Administrative Assistant to Site Director (Former Employee), Niles, OHSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed the people and helping them anyway i could.
Cons: they needed to end (and finally did) the friend hiring that went on with the supervisors.
Was promoted from calls to administrative assistant to the Site Director. I was able to advance, to learn new things but to use my talents as well. Greatest part was just getting my projects and just running with it. I don't need a baby sitter. I kept me very busy and I really enjoy that.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rocky Mount North CarolinaSeptember 23, 2014
We were multi-trained in taking more than one type of calls. One skill consisted of ordering medication for members and the other skill as assisting others with operating their computers.
home agent
Home Agent (Former Employee), Cleveland, MSSeptember 20, 2014
had a great time working from home and bondind with family got to spend time with my new bundle of joy
The managers were very caring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 16, 2014
I loved the fact that the managers are so caring. The only thing I did not like was the training policy.
Rapid advancement, great pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 15, 2014
Great pay, wonderful team lead, provided all and any training tips for better skill tactics. the customers can make the job very frustrating. But over all Excellent.
No job security but good pay
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 15, 2014
West offers great pay of you are good at selling and can hit the near-impossible sales goals set by the client. If you hit the top tier, you get great payout. If you get CLOSE to the top tier (which there are four tiers) you are constantly threatened with your job and they d not coach you on anything, it's driven by threats.
Absolutely Terrible Place to Work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WaSeptember 14, 2014
Do yourself a favor and NEVER work here... West is awful! They do not care about you, they care about their numbers that is it! This place made me have anxiety and depression... God forbid you get sick! They make you feel like terrible about it... They targeted me because I would have to use the bathroom out side of my scheduled break which was sometimes – more... 3 hours into my shift or more... They humiliated me and made me fill out little slips saying why I needed to take a break and for how long... It was awful! Their vacation time is horrible! If you are sick they take it out of your vacation time... DO NOT WORK HERE! I could say alot more but I will leave at that. – less
Don't Do It
sales (Former Employee), RenoSeptember 10, 2014
Cons: everything else
I got a job here and it is the worse place on Earth to work. Management is an utter joke, their trainers are inept morons especially the douchebag Spencer who has his head so far up his own backside it's ridiculous. They make you sit through 2 months of mindnumbing "training" before you even get a chance to make real money. An don't plan on having a – more... life during training cause you're in at 6:30am till. 2:00 and if you nod once you will get crucified by the trainers. The money sucks and the "bonuses " are a joke which they will happily cut for any reason they see fit. Don't work there just keep on... – less
West Corporation
HD (Former Employee), washington, dcSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: employeed
Cons: no management on location
The location of the contract was not the problem. Until management changed but that is a whole other beast.

West benefits and management were a serious problem. Don't ever work for a company that states you are an at will employee. We had no company management on staff so dealing with issues that should have been resolved by management was difficult – more... leaving employees in difficult positions.

You planned vacations way in advance and while you were on vacation you would not get paid and they would state it was your fault for not submitting paper work. Which you had to prove it was done and then when they realized it was their fault they would say they would cut you another check and you would get it on another pay date ... IT WAS HORRIBLE.

For example their health benefits where unaffordable 1,100 a paycheck for a family health plan but they did not contribute. They had different levels of employees "Contract" and "Non-contract"

Unfortunately plenty of companies these days don't deal with loyal employees they deal with numbers. So ask questions about turn over rates with their employees, how do employees rate their benefits, is their growth outside of a particular contract you are working. – less
Flexible with the Option to Pick Up Overtime
Executive Customer Relations (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, decent pay, relaxed dresscode
Cons: short breaks, impersonable
The job is very flexible with your schedule and the pay is decent. But the job itself can be challenging because of the demanding customer service needs.
Good starter job to learn customer service skills
Operations Team Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2014
The work environment could be stressful at times but good overall place to learn. Management changes constantly. Clients came and went frequently so unsure whether position would be eliminated or not.
A day at West Corporation
Customer Service Representative Rocky Mount (Former Employee), Rocky Mount,ncSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks
I love working with the customers. While the customers ask a question I don't have a answer for you are suppose to raise your hand to get help from supervisor. It usually takes15-20 minutes for somebody to help. By that time the customer is really upset. I really enjoyed my coworkers.
Call Center
Consultant (Former Employee), Middleton, WISeptember 6, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: turnover rate
My daily routine was to answer incoming calls from American Express card members. I learned a lot in the short time I was there. Customer service was a big part of my job. I had to deal with all sorts of people around the world. Management needed improvement but overall it was a good work environment.
GE Associate
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 6, 2014
I helped customer's troubleshoot appliances as well as set up appointments.

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Photos