West Corporation

West Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
postive work enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Niles, OHMay 22, 2014
Pros: talking on the phone helping customers
Cons: the commute
I took calls for at&t wireless, I enjoyed helping customers with their wireless needs like ordering a new phone, paying their bill adding a line and things in that sort.
Job was fun.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville,ALMay 19, 2014
Pros: time off from work
Cons: no good medical health benefits
work day would be fast pace. Learned how to listen and type at same time. Management need more people skills. Loved my co-workers. Job is not hard at all just mangement was not always together.
Awesomw Work At Home Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverdale, GAMay 17, 2014
Want to make your own schedule and enjoy life as intended to be? Go to westathome.com to make a life change.
a fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 16, 2014
answering inbound call, handled all customer service inquires. i learned how to always have a smile in your voice.
typical day at work
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 16, 2014
a typical workday would just mean being on the phone for the entire shift. everything was computer based so there was a specific time we would have breaks and lunches which was scheduled electronically and also varied daily. being able to assist customers with ordering their prescriptions was always exciting no matter what type of mood they were in. – more... as a customer service agent I always strived to go above and beyond for customers. my co-workers were friendly and it was a nice environment. some managers were helpful and some were degrading and judgmental at times. – less
Tolerable, but not stable
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Pasco, WAMay 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: lack of job stability
I didn't want to, but I started to kind of enjoy working for this company. Telemarketing is not all that enjoyable in and of itself, since you have to talk to people you don't know and try to sell them on a product they don't know that they need and are mostly affirmative that they absolutely don't want it. And yet, it's your job to try and sell it. – more... It almost becomes like a game after a while. The fact that it's 100% verbatim helps you take yourself out of the equation, making it less personal when people get upset at you for just doing your job and trying to make the sale through trying to relay the information on the script. Some people are more empathetic than others about this.

However, there seemed little to no empathy from the corporation when they chose to lay off employees and shut down the center. It was just business as usual, nothing personal. And while it may not be personal per se, the lay offs do effect employees personally, such as losing their main income that helped them pay their bills and have some life to look forward to. People that had been in the company for a while, moved up the ranks, and were starting to settle into the community lost that, and those that were just starting lost any potential to have job stability. While I enjoyed my bosses at the center, who were helpful and sought the help in training and improvement, the layoffs took away from the positives. – less
very controlled environment, no room for growth
Care Associate (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 13, 2014
Pros: you post hours from your schedule that can be picked up by other people.
Cons: short breaks, unorganized, rude leadership
Call Center environment. I personally did not like how controlled it was. 10 minute breaks. Anything over would result in disciplinary action. Repetitive calls. In a nutshell, I say that West Corporation is self serving. They have clients that hire them and they will do whatever is in the best interest for the client with little consideration for the – more... employees. Not my type of place to work at all. – less
Producrtive and fun place to work
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 13, 2014
Pros: the pay and the bonuses
Cons: job security
Provided customer service by answering inbound phone calls, assisted with billing inquiries and finding resolutions to problems.
I learned how to handle conflict resolution in an efficient manner.
Good Company to Work for
American Express CCP Agent (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 10, 2014
Simple Direct job, easy to do , can get a bit tiring but what job isn't.
pretty good job
Care Associate (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 10, 2014
I would offer clerical assistance to our Optum Rx clients. I would usually experience at high volume of calls at a rate of 90-100 clients per day.
If you don't have a life, this will be the perfect place for you.
Call center sales representative (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 9, 2014
Pros: nice incentives if you meet the requirements
I have been working at West for about 8 months. When I initially started working there, everyone was so nice and available. Over time, the true colors started seeping in small amounts at a time. When it comes to taking time off, everything is fine if the time isn't blacked out. I mean my fellow CCPs were fine, just the management itself is what made – more... me stop working there. I was graduating from college and they didn't approve my time off. I asked for the approval about 3 days before the event, but whether it's 3 days or 1 day when it comes to events such graduation. It should be automatic. They don't present a friendly environment for employees, they don't recognize their college employees for outstanding accomplishments outside of West (college students are the majority). It made me look at the company completely different. – less
Good Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Endicott NYMay 8, 2014
A typical day at work take inbound/outbound calls friendly co workers and staff. Enjoy working here.
West
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Pensacola,FLMay 5, 2014
Must have great patients when dealing with customer over the phone
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 4, 2014
Great work environment, great compensation, supportive staff, advancement opportunities.
West is a form of employment in where you can gain much skill in customer service. The pay is low. But the hours are flexible.
Team Lead/Customer Service (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 4, 2014
Work is not difficult
Gained experience in customer service
Management is decent as far as human resources and the hiring process.
Co workers are easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job is the constant change with rules of the contracting service and the client.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having almost full control of your schedule.
Well Structured Company
Call Center Production Worker (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 3, 2014
great work schedule sometimes

Cons: no medical insurance

great hours, learned teamwork,
Different everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 1, 2014
During a typical 8 hour work day, I would process over 50 calls. These calls ranged from basic bill payments to more complex technological issues.
west = bad company
CSR (Former Employee), spokane,waApril 29, 2014
Pros: hired and promoted even if you're an idiot
Cons: mostly like n.azi germany 1943
The culture there is a new agent gets better metrics and surveys so that is their justification for terminating vetran agents. Truth is they are so cheap and unhuman that they look to cut costs in any way including firing vets to avoid paying wage increases and pto, failing to consistantly provide sanitary wipes when you share desks with homeless people – more... (yes they hire anyone), and they won't even provide pen or paper!
Funniest part to see there is the countless times they hire someone new and quickly promote them to higher position before they know whats going on. West then tells them to get rid of a vetran because they are a bad seed and they have been trying to get rid of them forever. Then after the newb does their dirty laundry, West then gets them to quit or fires them by using character assassination techniques to pit employees against each other and create hostile work enviroments. I've seen this happen at every level including agent, sme, team lead, ots, operations manager, trainer, and even site director.
Lastly, West is a sign of our times. If it wasn't for the tax breaks and incentives they receive from federal, state and local gov't for each new hire (wotc credit is just tip of the iceberg) then they would retain employees and become a goog company. I wonder where i can find data on West's total number of employee on average compared to how many new hires per year and the amount of tax breaks they got? So basically our tax $s go into West's unhuman greedy pockets at the expense of a single mother who wins thier fire lottery who then ends up on unemployment or worse like welfare. No wonder our economy is so bad with companies like West allowed to do this. – less

18nair0r5b84gckn – May 11, 2014

A agent from downtown Spokane's Holly Mason building recently killed themselves and West's management threatens employees with termination if they discuss it! Yup, just like 1943!

18nair0r5b84gckn – May 13, 2014

Notice how most of the positive reviews of West Corp are only a line or two in length, lol so weak and without substance. Its funny how most there think they won't be fired when they see the constant training classes and turnover. I guess its true that some people do believe their own lies!

csr
CSR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: very laid back workplace
Cons: being on the phones all day and dealing with rude clients
Very laid back work place,I learned a lot of my customer service from this job, my coworkers were very friendly and helpful there was really no hard part in this job it was very easy, I did not enjoy this job I like to be moving around on my feet and working not sitting and working it was just not for me.
West
Sales (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2014
Pros: great work schedule sometimes
Cons: no medical insurance
great hours, learned teamwork,
sometimes when the work slows down you are pooled in to other working projects or let go.

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Photos