West Corporation

West Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
West Corp
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits and full time hours
Cons: distance from residence.
This job was a call center support position, I took calls for AT&T support through a contract purchased by West Corporation. I learned all of the AT&T packages and current cell phone models to assist customers in billing and cell phone replacement
easy job but too many politics
Customer service (Former Employee), Central Saanich BCApril 22, 2014
west was a company that would stand out from the rest but for the most part, not in a good way.

they had it right as far as the wage with the performance based incentive bonuses (something i was a strong supporter of). the downside to that was the bar was set so ridiculously high for the incentives the only people that earned the top bonus were the – more... ones that cheated at their jobs (ie: blind transfers, resetting a clients cell phone knowing they were on it resulting in dropped calls etc, etc).

in my opinion management for the bulk of my time there was a joke but there were a few team leads and supervisors there that could EASILY offset the bad parts. when one would threaten to PIN (performance improvement notice) someone out of their job daily, another would HELP that employee improve their work.

the working in teams aspect of the job was awesome as it would inspire competitiveness and also teamwork at one time resulting in many fun days interacting with co-workers. the people that worked there along side me were awesome and i have made MANY lasting friendships thru West Corp.

On the downside because of their poor management and HR the reputation of the employer soon became well known throughout Victoria. they had gone thru 10,000 employees in the 3 years the location was open and announced it closure here citing "the low exchange rate on the dollar" when anyone who had left there knew it was because they couldnt keep their staff. if it WAS the dollar, they also would have closed the other office they had just opened elsewhere in Canada too, which they didnt.

as i see it the place was average at best and the pros and cons of the job were very balanced. had there not been such power tripping by team leads and underhanded tactics from the head office for west to its employees im sure they would still be around. overall it was a decent place to be all the same – less
Very unpleasant atmosphere and work ethics
Customer Health Care Support Services (Former Employee), kingston, OnJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: gratifying to be able to assist those with diabetes.
Cons: continuous changes in your shift
Management will criticize your every move - three passwords to log in and out required morning, lunch and end of day. You have to send an instant message requesting permission to use the washroom. If you receive a call a minute before your shift ends thus causing overtime, you are sent emails asking why you didn't service that caller quicker yet expect – more... you to have empathy and 110% customer service. The employees take calls before they are trained to do so properly. Very repetitive. If you are taking only Canadian calls in the bilingual sue, sometimes you have to sit and stare at your computer and receive a call every 2 hrs or so. Very stressful, would not recommend working there. – less
Highly technical, energetic workplace atmosphere!
Customer and Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), Victoria, BCDecember 7, 2012
Pros: great training!
Cons: long hours and deductions for bathroom breaks.
Typical day began at 5AM - 2PM. I learned the practice of focus, through logging in and out, including breaks, which was a valuable lesson in efficiency! Management did the very best they could with the huge number of personnel and personalities on the floor. Friendly upbeat co-workers were engaged and always willing to help. We were encouraged through – more... stat performance.
The most difficult part of the job was being 'tethered' to our workspace for the entire time.
Most enjoyable was the incredible training sessions and dealing with the inbound customers! – less
Awesome co-workers
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), BCAugust 2, 2012
Pros: can get overtime easily if available.
Cons: short lunch break and yelling irate customers.
Come to work on time and log in, begin to take calls, deal with calls and document them.
Learned how to do a team manager's job.
Inconsistent, depending on who you end up under with.
Awesome co-workers and very friendly.
Hardest part is being yelled at for issues that other departments in a huge company are responsible for, so no direct fault of yours.
Most – more... enjoyable part is going home. – less
overall job
Telemarketing Representative (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 29, 2014
Very good job. Nice environment. friendly and laid back. good opportunity to move up.
Great Place to work, with amazing management staff
Technical Support and Customer Assistance (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 29, 2014
Highly recommend this company for anyone looking to learn a basic knowledge of the automotive lube industry.
great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 29, 2014
Very good team of workers and management I enjoyed the atmosphere and a typical day was just busy and you learned a lot
great atmosphere
Good Company
Windows Linux System Administrator (Current Employee), Westminster, COSeptember 25, 2014
West Corporation is a good overall company to work for. Management has worked with me ever since I started to expose me to as many basic aspects of being a Window System Adminsitrator.
introduction to call centers was good.
Administrative Assistant to Site Director (Former Employee), Niles, OHSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed the people and helping them anyway i could.
Cons: they needed to end (and finally did) the friend hiring that went on with the supervisors.
Was promoted from calls to administrative assistant to the Site Director. I was able to advance, to learn new things but to use my talents as well. Greatest part was just getting my projects and just running with it. I don't need a baby sitter. I kept me very busy and I really enjoy that.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rocky Mount North CarolinaSeptember 23, 2014
We were multi-trained in taking more than one type of calls. One skill consisted of ordering medication for members and the other skill as assisting others with operating their computers.
home agent
Home Agent (Former Employee), Cleveland, MSSeptember 20, 2014
had a great time working from home and bondind with family got to spend time with my new bundle of joy
The managers were very caring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 16, 2014
I loved the fact that the managers are so caring. The only thing I did not like was the training policy.
Rapid advancement, great pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 15, 2014
Great pay, wonderful team lead, provided all and any training tips for better skill tactics. the customers can make the job very frustrating. But over all Excellent.
No job security but good pay
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 15, 2014
West offers great pay of you are good at selling and can hit the near-impossible sales goals set by the client. If you hit the top tier, you get great payout. If you get CLOSE to the top tier (which there are four tiers) you are constantly threatened with your job and they d not coach you on anything, it's driven by threats.
Absolutely Terrible Place to Work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WaSeptember 14, 2014
Do yourself a favor and NEVER work here... West is awful! They do not care about you, they care about their numbers that is it! This place made me have anxiety and depression... God forbid you get sick! They make you feel like terrible about it... They targeted me because I would have to use the bathroom out side of my scheduled break which was sometimes – more... 3 hours into my shift or more... They humiliated me and made me fill out little slips saying why I needed to take a break and for how long... It was awful! Their vacation time is horrible! If you are sick they take it out of your vacation time... DO NOT WORK HERE! I could say alot more but I will leave at that. – less
Don't Do It
sales (Former Employee), RenoSeptember 10, 2014
Cons: everything else
I got a job here and it is the worse place on Earth to work. Management is an utter joke, their trainers are inept morons especially the douchebag Spencer who has his head so far up his own backside it's ridiculous. They make you sit through 2 months of mindnumbing "training" before you even get a chance to make real money. An don't plan on having a – more... life during training cause you're in at 6:30am till. 2:00 and if you nod once you will get crucified by the trainers. The money sucks and the "bonuses " are a joke which they will happily cut for any reason they see fit. Don't work there just keep on... – less
West Corporation
HD (Former Employee), washington, dcSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: employeed
Cons: no management on location
The location of the contract was not the problem. Until management changed but that is a whole other beast.

West benefits and management were a serious problem. Don't ever work for a company that states you are an at will employee. We had no company management on staff so dealing with issues that should have been resolved by management was difficult – more... leaving employees in difficult positions.

You planned vacations way in advance and while you were on vacation you would not get paid and they would state it was your fault for not submitting paper work. Which you had to prove it was done and then when they realized it was their fault they would say they would cut you another check and you would get it on another pay date ... IT WAS HORRIBLE.

For example their health benefits where unaffordable 1,100 a paycheck for a family health plan but they did not contribute. They had different levels of employees "Contract" and "Non-contract"

Unfortunately plenty of companies these days don't deal with loyal employees they deal with numbers. So ask questions about turn over rates with their employees, how do employees rate their benefits, is their growth outside of a particular contract you are working. – less
Flexible with the Option to Pick Up Overtime
Executive Customer Relations (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, decent pay, relaxed dresscode
Cons: short breaks, impersonable
The job is very flexible with your schedule and the pay is decent. But the job itself can be challenging because of the demanding customer service needs.

1 2 3 4 5

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Photos