West Corporation

West Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Victoria, BCSeptember 23, 2014
Great place for people to learn the basic requirements of a cell phone help desk centre
West Corp
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits and full time hours
Cons: distance from residence.
This job was a call center support position, I took calls for AT&T support through a contract purchased by West Corporation. I learned all of the AT&T packages and current cell phone models to assist customers in billing and cell phone replacement
easy job but too many politics
Customer service (Former Employee), Central Saanich BCApril 22, 2014
west was a company that would stand out from the rest but for the most part, not in a good way.

they had it right as far as the wage with the performance based incentive bonuses (something i was a strong supporter of). the downside to that was the bar was set so ridiculously high for the incentives the only people that earned the top bonus were the ones that cheated at their jobs (ie: blind transfers, resetting a clients cell phone knowing they were on it resulting in dropped calls etc, etc).

in my opinion management for the bulk of my time there was a joke but there were a few team leads and supervisors there that could EASILY offset the bad parts. when one would threaten to PIN (performance improvement notice) someone out of their job daily, another would HELP that employee improve their work.

the working in teams aspect of the job was awesome as it would inspire competitiveness and also teamwork at one time resulting in many fun days interacting with co-workers. the people that worked there along side me were awesome and i have made MANY lasting friendships thru West Corp.

On the downside because of their poor management and HR the reputation of the employer soon became well known throughout Victoria. they had gone thru 10,000 employees in the 3 years the location was open and announced it closure here citing "the low exchange rate on the dollar" when anyone who had left there knew it was because they couldnt keep their staff. if it WAS the dollar, they also would have closed the other office they had just opened elsewhere in Canada too, which they didnt.

as i see it the place was average at best and the pros and cons of the job were very balanced. had there not been such power tripping by team leads and underhanded tactics from the head office for west to its employees im sure they would still be around. overall it was a decent place to be all the same
Very unpleasant atmosphere and work ethics
Customer Health Care Support Services (Former Employee), kingston, OnJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: gratifying to be able to assist those with diabetes.
Cons: continuous changes in your shift
Management will criticize your every move - three passwords to log in and out required morning, lunch and end of day. You have to send an instant message requesting permission to use the washroom. If you receive a call a minute before your shift ends thus causing overtime, you are sent emails asking why you didn't service that caller quicker yet expect you to have empathy and 110% customer service. The employees take calls before they are trained to do so properly. Very repetitive. If you are taking only Canadian calls in the bilingual sue, sometimes you have to sit and stare at your computer and receive a call every 2 hrs or so. Very stressful, would not recommend working there.
Highly technical, energetic workplace atmosphere!
Customer and Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), Victoria, BCDecember 7, 2012
Pros: great training!
Cons: long hours and deductions for bathroom breaks.
Typical day began at 5AM - 2PM. I learned the practice of focus, through logging in and out, including breaks, which was a valuable lesson in efficiency! Management did the very best they could with the huge number of personnel and personalities on the floor. Friendly upbeat co-workers were engaged and always willing to help. We were encouraged through stat performance.
The most difficult part of the job was being 'tethered' to our workspace for the entire time.
Most enjoyable was the incredible training sessions and dealing with the inbound customers!
Awesome co-workers
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), BCAugust 2, 2012
Pros: can get overtime easily if available.
Cons: short lunch break and yelling irate customers.
Come to work on time and log in, begin to take calls, deal with calls and document them.
Learned how to do a team manager's job.
Inconsistent, depending on who you end up under with.
Awesome co-workers and very friendly.
Hardest part is being yelled at for issues that other departments in a huge company are responsible for, so no direct fault of yours.
Most enjoyable part is going home.
Typical call center job
Shift Support Specialist (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good for people just out of high school
Cons: closely monitored breaks, stressful atmosphere
The general feeling of the center you get is "rushed and cobbled together." It's a youthful workplace in that most of the employees are in the age range of about 18-24. There are older folks who have been on the phones for 5-10+ years. During training you can be fired and hassled for the most inconsequential things, and management in general is unsympathetic to its employees and care more about call metrics. The systems and phones are clunky and outdated but I suppose they do their job.
I would recomment this company to anyone who is able and willing to work part time or full time. It is a great place to work.
CSA (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 24, 2015
My typical day at work wold be to come in the door and get to my seat asap. Start taking calls and make sure that a supervisor is around for any calls that are not going well. Do my job to the best of my ability. Never complain about nothing. I learned that the job I had was a great job and its a great place to work. Management was awesome. If we ever needed them they were right there to provide assistance no matter what the situation was. My co workers were very polite and kind. If they needed my help they would come and get me to finish up the call if the person didnt know english. The hardest part of the job was taking the calls where the member was very upset. They would cuss at me and call me names. That's when I would raise my hand for the supervisor to take the call at that time. The most enojoyable part of the job was being around my co workers and my supervisors. They always seem to make the environment smooth and layed back.
Amazing Co-Workers
Customer Care Specialist/ Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: old facility and dirty working conditions
I liked my co-workers on the team. I was able to gain and develop my account payable skills. As a member of the fraud investigation team I had more time to listen to the customer's needs and find satisfactory solutions.
Great place to work.
Advanced Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 20, 2015
If you show up on time and work hard, there's no better place.
Continual Training, Customer Service
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: providing customers with best insurance options.
Cons: short lunches
Providing health insurance solutions to inbound call customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is solving customer problems, finding solutions that work for the best interest of the customer.

I have learned that my leadership and insight can make a difference and that my other abilities (like teaching) can be of value even in a call center styled atmosphere.
A day at West
POC (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: sometimes would get lunch brought into us
Cons: benifits, short lunches
This company is an average company to work for. It has its up's and its down's. A typical day at work invloves answering agents questions, and updating our points system for the agents who call into work. The company is very unorganized, and our management team is very unorganized as well. What I enjoyed most about coming to work everyday was the fact that I got to help out people and teach them more about the company.
productive and busy workplace
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: unlimited overtime
I learned working for a mail-service pharmacy that patience is a virtue and to be a service to others is what I truly enjoy doing. I learned to use a computer with multiple systems. how to maneuver multiple systems in a timely manner.
Very good work at home position.
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: work from comfort of home.
I really enjoyed my time and position with West Corporation. They are very organized, supportive and dependable.
loved the people i worked with
customer care agent (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: some poor management
At West Corporation I absolutely loved the people I worked with and meeting new people building friendships that lasted beyond employment there. However, the management was not so great in being helpful with certain goal meeting techniques i.e. being able to demonstrate how things should be done. I would have to say the hardest part of the job, was that things were constantly changing which put a lot of seasoned agents jobs in jeopardy for example certain stats were out of agents control but still heavily penalized.
Good Company
Service Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 12, 2015
Enjoyed the people I worked with and management seemed to care about their folks.
Unstructured
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), huntsville, alabamaJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: big groups, big teams, large amounts of overtime available
Cons: high turnaround, unstructured, no job security
This company taught me alot but the lack of structure to the organization made me uneasy throughout my time there.
Premier Services Counselor
Production/CSR (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day at work was answering telephone calls in a call center environment and made sure the members got taken care of in a courteous manor.

I gained a lot of telephone and computer experience and a lot of training that was job related.

Management came to me when they had questions that needed to be answered and valued my experience a lot.

There was nothing hard about the job and the employees, management and I worked close together to service the members and was a great group
productive
Customer Service (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2015
enjoy being able to work from home and having the opportunity to make your own schedule. Learned great customer service skills. Management is awesome. Nothing hard about the job.
good working environment
ATT Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: there is no limit to the amount of overtime you can pick up.
Cons: breaks can be pushed back depending on call volume and work schedules aren't very flexible.
- Working at west is being in a computer for 8 hrs/ full shift, answering incoming calls. I assisted customers with any billing inquiries, payments, basic phone troubleshooting, upgrades, as well as any account changes.
-I learned to use many systems like Torch, Clarify, System x, Telegence, just to mention a few; I also learned how to speak with customers over the phone to help ease their stress.
- Management at West is really good, they are always available to you when needed, however they don't work to well with your schedule.
-The hardest part of the job was learning so many new systems; the most enjoyable was being able to make a difference for those customers that called in, and help better their da.y by finding a solution to their problems.

1 2 3 4 5

About West Corporation

Spoken every day, in every way. To many of the top companies in nearly every industry, West provides the technology and customized – Read more

West Corporation Photos