Lead Hand needed for general construction, transit infrastructure products and sign installation.
The candidate must have previous experience in the general construction industry, preferably with experience operating heavy duty machinery (including crane trucks, bucket trucks, forklifts) and welding.
This is a long term position, as we are contracted with numerous national programs, with jobs located throughout British Columbia. We are looking for consistent, reliable candidates who can take control, are enthusiastic, punctual and are hard working.
- Install, service, and repair prefabricated products in commercial properties
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of laborers under their supervision onsite who install, service, and repair prefabricated products in commercial properties
- Oversee onsite paperwork and activities for laborers under their supervision
- Report onsite work problems and recommend measures to resolve problems and improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition of materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Prepare daily work progress reports
- Completion of secondary school
- 2-3 years of experience in the trade
- Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisory role in the trade
- Valid BC driver's license & clean drivers abstract
- Experience in operating a bucket truck and deck-mounted crane truck
- Valid Class 3 BC driver's license
- Certified Electrician
- Certified for forklift operations
- Certified for crane operations
- Certified for fall rest operations
- Certified for scissor- and man-lift operations
- Certified for swing stage operations
- POST certification
- Warehouse located in New Westminster
- Job locations throughout Metro Vancouver
- Varying work; may be assigned to different projects each day
- Short term out of town work may be required; LOA available
Please email your resume for consideration with subject: Lead Hand
Thank you for your interest. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.