ARE YOU LOOKING FOR YOUR DREAM JOB?
West Coast Gifts, the largest Canadian distributor of smoking products and vaporizers, is hiring an exceptional individual to lead our digital marketing and social media efforts and take our national brands to the next level. Some of our major national brands include Red Eye Glass®, GEAR®, Red Eye Tek™, and Vapor Daddy™.
We have been in business for over eleven years and the Digital Marketing & Social Media Specialist is a vital asset to our future growth, and our ability to promote our national brands among our clients and engage and connect with communities across Canada.
We need you to help lead us creatively to ensure our brand is elevated to world-class standards. If you are looking to create engagement and excitement across Canada, while working in a collaborative and progressive environment, then West Coast Gifts is the right place for you.
- Develop social media content and engagement strategy, constantly creating new, effective ways to engage our online community.
- Work with internal teams to ensure all online content is fresh, relevant and in alignment with brand standards.
- Present product creatively and interactively in web environment.
- Drive the social media strategy across all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) using a combination of creativity and online best practices.
- Instagram- post regularly, engage with and attract new followers.
- Facebook/Twitter- all Instagram posts should be cross promoted on these sites.
- Write blog posts and enhance key wording.
- Create and engage with online communities (moderating our social media outlets and interacting with users).
- Assist in developing strategies for launching new products and SEO.
- Conceptualization and design of graphic applications such as digital banners, collateral material, as well some online rich media.
- Dive into online analytics (both website and social media) to identify trends that can be translated into actionable online and offline initiatives to drive customer engagement.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reporting for all digital and social media platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Web Design, Journalism, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications or related discipline.
- Power user of social media in professional and personal life.
- Experience managing an online community.
- Excellent writing, editing, and storytelling skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize dynamically according to business objectives
- Results oriented self-starter, strong work ethic, precise, thorough and focused.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Dreamweaver).
- The ability to develop HTML and CSS.
- Basic understanding of the UI/ UX principles.
- Working knowledge of web and mobile analytics applications (e.g. Google Analytics, HootSuite, Tweet Reach, etc.), as well as general SEO knowledge.
- Working knowledge of website administration and various CMSs, basic graphic design & photo editing skills.
- Proficiency with Magento and Drupal is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build consensus and partnerships; a team player with the ability to interact with all levels of staff.
*This is a full-time, in-house position*
How to Apply
Please respond to this posting with:
(2) A link to your online portfolio that shows your experience in the above mentioned requirements (required)
Indeed - 6 months ago
We are an established distributor of giftware, novelties, and smoking accessories and related products, seeking an outgoing, personable and...