TITLE: Service & Response Co-ordinator
LOCATION: Commissionaires BC Corporate Head Office, Downtown Vancouver
HOURS OF WORK: Casual to Full Time. . You must be able to work a variety of shifts covering a 24 hour x 7 days/week operation centre. This position includes over night shifts and holidays.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM: As BC’s largest security organization, Commissionaires BC, provides comprehensive security solutions that integrate highly trained people and technology. We are dedicated to providing employment for Canadians with varied backgrounds, including responsible citizens, students, and ex-servicemen.
Our continued growth requires us to hire and train a bright, individual to be on-call to support our team. We offer paid training for this position and encourage your continued growth and success with Commissionaires BC. To learn more visit us at www.commissionaires.ca
As the Service & Response Co-ordinator you will support existing and current work sites with temporary staffing coverage for short term needs such as vacation, sickness and contract escort services. These services are provided to private and government clients at various sites throughout the Lower Mainland. You will also monitor and respond to a web based lone worker program that ensures the safety and welfare of any employee who is working in an isolated location. This is a high volume position and requires employees that can deal with ever-changing volumes of business.
- Respond to and monitor inbound supervisor and client staffing requirements in a timely manner understanding the site and character requirements.
- Select an appropriate staff member to fill the request from a casual bank of commissionaires.
- Provide a complete and accurate briefing of work to commissionaires allocated to the work assignment
- Scheduling of commissionaires into shifts through our enterprise management system.
- Conduct a follow up and review with the client and commissionaire member to ensure quality performance and collect any feedback
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the workforce schedule system to ensure accurate personnel information is recorded in a timely manner
- Accurate completion of order and review of worked hours via completion of timesheet for submission to Supervisor, Operations Center for sign off.
- Responsible for ad hoc reports as required to the Finance team for billing information.
- Perform accurate entry into Operations Pass-on-Books to maintain detailed and professional handovers at every shift change
- Manage the Lone Worker Program/System and respond to emergency situations as per procedures and in a timely manner.
- Ability to conduct written reports, perform note taking and record incidents accurately
- Contribute new ideas and feedback to enhance effectiveness of the Operations Centre
- Expected to take responsibility and initiative for mini projects and other assigned tasks that support the unit and organisation.
- Support the Interior Operations Centre (Kelowna) as and when needed with the aptitude to understand how others actions and decisions impact both Operations Centres.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer service environment with administrative functions.
- Previous work experience in call centres, operations and logistics would be beneficial to the role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven time management skills, expected to prioritize tasks and to arrive for shifts promptly for handovers.
- Must be able to work all shifts, flexibility and adaptability with schedule assignment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and stay calm under pressure in the event of a reported emergency.
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Outlook - aptitude to learn a workforce scheduling system.
- Superior customer service skills and professional telephone manner.
- Excellent administrative skills with attention to detail, accurate order processing and follow up.
- Strong team player and highly organized.
- Capable of obtaining security clearances and criminal background checks.
- Valid BC Drivers Licence in good standing.
- Will be tested on written report skills, typing speed and knowledge of computer software.
- Ability to work in a diverse workforce, treating all staff fairly and equally.
If this sounds like you, we welcome your application. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting “Service & Response Co-ordinator” in the subject line.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.