Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist
We would like you to join our team!
3 positions are available. They are located at
Équipe de santé familiale académique Montfort, Ottawa
West Carleton Family Health Team, Carp
Petawawa Centennial Family Health Centre, Petawawa
Term: Permanent Full Time
The three sites listed above are the lead organizations for an exciting and collaborative initiative to advance the impact of data and performance measurement in the provision of accessible and comprehensive primary care. To support this initiative we are seeking talented Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialists to work collaboratively with inter-professional care teams within the Champlain Local Health Integration Network.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist is responsible for supporting multiple sites in their quality improvement planning, decision making and implementation activities. This will include supporting teams in the implementation of data quality initiatives, improving the flow and use of information, developing queries and analytical products that support boards and leaders in their quality improvement goals and teams engaged in clinical process change. The incumbent will also be expected to participate in broader data harmonization initiatives and champion the use of data and performance analytics within and across Ontario’s family health teams.
As the Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist, you can expect to:
- Work with a steering committee and stakeholders to build decision support capacity
- Be a subject matter expert in data integrity and lead the analysis of data quality issues, using problem-solving methodologies to recommend corrective and preventative action
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary teams engaged in quality improvement helping to identify performance measurement information and data quality needs
- Design, test and deploy tools and processes for extracting and managing performance data
- Identify gaps in data availability, and define and implement solutions to close the gaps
- Support the work of boards and quality improvement committees in the development and implementation of quality improvement plans
- Provide consultative and analytical support regarding the collection, interpretation, analysis and presentation of data to help teams ensure that clinical information management practices support best practice standards.
- Act as a change agent and coach to inter-disciplinary teams on data management and performance measurement
- Create effective working relationships with multiple teams and manage data quality, business process improvement , report development and other projects using effective project management practices
- Work with your peers across the province on standards development and data harmonization priorities
- Conduct analysis and develop reports and presentations using statistical reporting packages, and present this information to a variety of audiences
- Monitor and evaluate clinical information system functionality from a user and decision support perspective.
- A university degree in a related discipline (Business Administration, Statistics, Health Sciences or Information Management) or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in data quality and clinical information management best practices
- Knowledge of primary care and demonstrated interest in the use of data for quality improvement
- Strong applied knowledge of one or more EMR/EHR systems currently in use in Ontario and proficiency in programming languages and reporting writing tools (SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS MS Report Builder or Crystal Reports) will be an asset, as will a demonstrated capacity to learn similar packages quickly
- Sound knowledge of performance improvement techniques and practices used in healthcare settings, process redesign and system implementation experience
- Highly effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with partners
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative analysis and report writing skills
- Strong report writing skills using tools such as NPR, Cognos, SQL, SAS, Access and Crystal Reports;
- Ability to handle a variety of concurrent assignments and to work independently
- Valid Ontario driver's license
The person located at the Montfort location must be fully bilingual. English is the default language at Carp and Petawawa, but French as a second language would be an asset.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Indeed - 12 months ago