WESCO DISTRIBUTION

WESCO DISTRIBUTION Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very demanding place to work
Accounting / Purchaser (Current Employee), Regina, SKMay 1, 2014
Typical day at work consists of:

Doing all the accounting, paying payables, doing the nightly cash out, making purchase orders or sales staff, doing inventory, tracking down product that was purchased, helping customer with billing problems
Wonderful Company to work with!
Inside Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Monroe, NCOctober 7, 2014
Pros: everything!
During my time with Wesco, it was a very upbeat, very busy, professional atmosphere.
A great company to work for
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Manchester-WhitefieldSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good experience, great company to work for
Cons: they have promised contract and they failed to comply with their promises
It was a great place to start after we moved to England. They were patient and helpful. It was great family of co-workers. I have learnt a lot of valuable things.
After 20 year of bank experience for me the hardest part of the the job was to get used to the wires, cables, tools and equipment they sold as the company is a leading distributor of electrical – more... products.
I really enjoyed making different tracking about sales and dealing with suppliers' and customers' invoices. – less
In Transition
Overlay position (Former Employee), Multiple areasAugust 26, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: vison of vertical leaders
WESCO,
Great company, has not completed the reorganization efforts and continues to modify role, head count.
Good pay, good support, lacks vision in vertical markets to drive execution.
good place to work
picker / packer / sorting and reciever (Former Employee), Reno, NVMay 8, 2014
I really like picking and packing but had to leave this job to move closer to my daughters
Great company, easy going atmosphere
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Metairie, LaMarch 18, 2014
Well structured company with great employees. There is a lot of information required to learn in order to succeed. I love all my co-workers as well as vendors. Wesco is a great company to work for and is highly supportive.
Good Proud People
Senior Account Representative, Ohio Public Power (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 4, 2014
WESCO has some great people to work with. Wesco people are professional and proud of the great relationships they build with their Customers and Suppliers.
Lots of manufactured parts for homes and mobile homes.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORFebruary 4, 2014
Working in this kind of warehouse business was really the thing i like working with. I operated a sit down propane forklift. I pulled orders for our international trailers as well as our local ones as well. I would be lifting over 100+ lbs throughout my shift. I pulled and loaded orders for next day deliveries in the proper staging areas. I did do some – more... local deliveries to various companies. – less
Challenging distribution company with a unique to the corporation manufacturing facility
Facilities and IT Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 11, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: low recognition and pay increases
Well spent ten years of my career, furthering my experience in materials management, project management, manufacturing scheduling, customer issue resolution and in my last position as Facilities and IT Manger.
Low motivation - no advancement - salary not competetive
Site Manager - Supply Chain (Current Employee), Phoenix AZNovember 11, 2013
I worked with a Wesco subsidiary. Management was not very supportive. Customer was secondary as well. Training was almost non-existent.

Customer was great and supportive. Needs better direction from company. No raises in 2 years.
Same as previous
Receptionist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 22, 2013
Pros: same as previous
Cons: same as previous
Please see previous since this was with the same company.

I was with the comany for 19 years

Learned several positions

Promoted several times
Diversified
Financial Analyst for Wesco Distribution (Former Employee), Lemoyne, PAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: one hour lunch. could get errands done.
Cons: training not that great.
Handled incoming calls, accounts payable/receivable. Posted checks, released orders, inventory for office, filing.

The training was not the greatest, but managed on my own.

Company downsized their Financial Branches. Left with severance pay and unemployment.
People in Pittsburgh very difficult to work for
Outside Sales (Former Employee), hUNTINGTON, W.VA.September 18, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Enjoyed my first ten years there the next ten was not very good at all too many changes in the corporate structure of wesco
excellent
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), mira loma,caSeptember 9, 2013
i enjoyed working for wesco dist,I was the lead and i showed the new and regular associates how to perform the work proccess.i routed trucks drivers,
Great company to work for!
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 26, 2013
I enjoyed working at WESCO very much. If I had a choice, I would've stayed and worked there for the rest of my life. However, my husband got relocated to VA, he is in the military, so we had to move.

The majority of the day I was expediting orders (making sure the material gets to the customer on time, avoiding any delays). I also was helping with – more... entering orders and acknowledgement when some team members were on vacation.

Management was great!

I enjoyed to work with my co-workers, we had a great teamwork.

The hardest part of the job was at the beginning, when I had to learn how to use new systems I wasn't familiar with before.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my team members. – less
Great pay poor management
Outside Sales (Former Employee), California locationMay 20, 2013
Pros: flexible, benifits, wages.
Cons: lack of direction, wishy washy, on your own with everything.
Wesco could be a great place to work. Management is disconnected and is very unclear on their direction. Everyone is independent and not team focused. If your a Loan Ranger and do everything yourself then this may be the company for you. Keep in mind, you will have to do everything on your own and by yourself, no real support or guidence.
Nice Place to work
CASH APPLICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 9, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: paid parking at station square, tough managers
Job is redundant, most of my co workers are great. Middle management can be tough to work with.
Productive and fun workplace
Account Representative (Former Employee), State College, PAMarch 25, 2013
I had hard working good co-workers.
Learned alot about purchasing and procurement as well as supply chain management.
The hardest part of the job was the constant stress of "getting the big sell". Not knowing exactly what your next paycheck would be.
The most enjoyable was dealing with the people.
Hard working/ Fun environment
Account Manager (promotion) (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDMarch 5, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: industry can go up and down at times
Every day is extremely different. Was able to work as part of a team constantly, which was very enjoyable. Management is very easy to get along with.
I truly enjoyed this job and this company.
Warehouse Mgr/Inside Sales (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: potential long term career.
Cons: waiting for open opportunities. corporate takes its time.
Managed and overseen the cross dock and warehouse operation. Learned many things, especially how to improve the flow of work. Re-configuring the placement of material (Lean Warehouse), so the high moving material is always in the front, easily accessible.
Management were very nice and great to work for. Always made it clear what was expected and supported – more... the efforts. – less