WESCAST INDUSTRIES Employee Reviews in Canada

look closely at the union agreement
starting production labour (Former Employee) –  Wingham, ONFebruary 3, 2016
I was hired on a second wave of new employees, the first groop apparently quit once found other work.
A few employees in the lunch room told me a lot of changes have occurred since the company had been sold to these new owners. Look closely at your union agreement. As any job... yes show dedication and be rewarded. ... but 10yrs? Before you make a livable wage. $18.50? You will start at a progressive system $13.85is 70% of your going rate. And a year before benefits. If your fresh outta school it might be a good opportunity, but if you have bills and family it doesn't look well.
I once wanted to work for the great Wescast that valued there people, but doesn't show from the New owners. The adds look good and the people I met where great, but you will see and feel that something
is being said but held back from ya.
The problem seems way up, not on the floor.
Pros
People I met, Supervisor, Staff and employees.
Cons
Research the rumours. starting wage program may be difficult compared to most programs
Well managed company with room for advancement
Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wingham OntarioMarch 27, 2016
Wescast Ind. is the worlds largest manufacturer of exhaust manifolds for the automotive industry which means the best quality standards and safety requirements that exceed industry standards. A great place to work with well balanced union management relations. Wescast was apart of my life for 15 years which allowed me to not only gain professional experience but personal achievement as well.
Pros
large company with room for advancement
Cons
general factory work
great people poor leadership
Logistics Coordinator and Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONApril 8, 2016
great people but very mismanaged, leaders do not work together
no support from leadership mismanaged, conflict minimumal direction, coworkers ok work load balanced
Very fun/proffesional work enviroment
production technician/forklift operator (Former Employee) –  wingham machingNovember 18, 2011
I loved working at wescast industries ,i terminated my employment there to take care of disabled husband.
Great place to work , very good benefits and pay. I have no complaints, met many great friends and people at Wescast.
Pros
competible wages
Cons
very hot and dirty
Good workplace with gym and a lot to learn
Jnr Technologist TDC (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 25, 2015
typical day included running test stands and machining test samples
learnt how the rel world scenarios play out, responsibility and team work capabilities
Pros
room to improve and advance
Cons
long processes
wescast industries
CNC machine operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONApril 18, 2014
I enjoyed the fact that I was always busy,if there were cycle times,or the machine was down I could go help in another part of the cell,was trained in different cells,were I gained further knowledge of benefit to the company.often I would go watch other positions,and help and train at the same time.
enjoyed my fellow workers,always someone who is good with the jokes in any work place.every one very helpful when being trained in different cells.
Was a great place to work
MOLDER (Former Employee) –  Brantford, OntarioDecember 11, 2013
Culture was good at Wescast. A lot of good people worked there. I would still be there if they had not closed the plant I was at.