Werb Dentistry has an immediate opening. We are a pediatric dental clinic located in Toronto. We are looking for an experienced dental receptionist who can work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must possess exceptional customer service skills and know how to make children and their parents/guardians feel the warmth of a dental home while at the same time ensuring efficient patient flow and practice profitability.
Hours: Full Time (Monday to Friday) and 1-2 Sundays a month (September to June)
Role and Responsibilities:
I. Scheduling Tasks
1. Manage restorative and hygiene schedules according to appointment scheduling
guidelines to ensure all hours are scheduled efficiently and to daily goal.
2. Confirm appointments according to office guidelines.
3. Manage cancellations by using communications skills to motivate the patient to keep his/her appointment.
a. If the patient cancels or breaks an appointment, reschedule the patient or track them using the delayed treatment system.
4. Greet all patients upon arrival courteously and personally.
5. Take primary responsibility for front desk coverage.
6. Ensure Parents complete Patient Information Form for each new patient and emergency patient.
7. Prepare for and participate in daily huddle by providing information regarding:
a. “today’s schedule”,
b. new patients,
c. restorative blocks and
d. marketing information to Front Office Manager before morning huddle.
II. Administrative Tasks
1. Take primary responsibility for answering the phone before the third ring each and every time.
2. Retrieve, distribute and respond to messages from the answering machine or service.
3. Manage all correspondence regarding new patients and scheduling.
4. Accurately maintain patient records.
5. Organize and maintain filing system for quick retrieval of information.
6. Organize desk space to promote image of quality.
III. Financial Tasks
1. Take responsibility for collecting “time-of service” fees.
2. Provide receipts, walk out statements or super bills for each patient.
3. Accurately record all financial transactions.
IV. Marketing Tasks
1. Actively market the practice by asking patients of record for referrals.
2. Actively market the practice in the community.
3. Encourage patients to accept treatment by using effective verbal skills.
- High school diploma
- Certified dental receptionist
Work Experience Requirement:
- 1 year experience in a dental office, pediatric experience preferred.
Position Reports to:
- They cannot approve expenses
- Ability to deal with difficult clients
- Excellent English written and oral skills
- Computer literate
- Must be an ambassador to our “Team’s Guiding Principles”