Wendy's International

Wendy's International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: fun and friendly atmosphere
Cons: long hours deep into the night (working until 4 am)
Work is busy and involves heavy teamwork skills and communication, I learnt deep communication and relationship building skills as well and communication skills to work in a busy environment. Management was friendly and helpful as well as my fellow employees. Hardest part of the job was maintaining a positive attitude in the busy non stop hours. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers who were friendly and fun to work with – less
Amazing staff making the best of their location
Crew (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good staff, 50% off food
Cons: not a lot of hours, rougher area of the city
A typical day at work consists of me starting my duties on whichever station I've been posted at (i.e. sandwich maker, cashier, drive thru cashier, bagger). I have learned a lot since I've worked there, not only about the product and the company, but about people and working on a team. Our management are not only good at what they do, but they are easy – more... to get along with and reasonably fair. For the most part, I love all of my co-workers, and they make the job more bearable. The hardest part of work is dealing with unreasonable customers. Due to our location, we have a higher volume of these customers than other stores. It can make the day hard, but we do a great job at providing great customer service and stay sane at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am good at it. Not many people can actually handle the customer service industry, but I can. – less
It's a great way to gain experience.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2014
If you are looking for an experience for your resume, it's definitely a good start to gain that.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: my meals were half price and doing a variety of different jobs
Cons: cranky customers
Took customers orders, handled debit and cash transactions, served food and drinks to customers. Prepped salads and toppings for burgers, cooked various foods. Swept and mopped floors, did dishes, cleaned public washrooms and took out garbage. Stocked condiments stand stocked and work area. Good management and I liked working with my co-workers and.I – more... enjoyed serving customers The hardest part of the job dealing with cranky customers. I – less
Working at a fast food restaurant
Crew Member (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: meeting different people of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
Cons: language barrier causes misunderstandings
Working at a fast food chain consists of dealing with a lot of pressure; from co-workers that work at a comparatively different pace, managers that push you to work faster in order to meet a certain service time goal, and your accountability with regards to meeting certain food preparation standards in a timely manner.
a very fun experiment
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long hours
Working with different cultures and different managers can be confusing. Only because different managers does things differently. but once you get to know each managers expectations its easy
Bad experience
Counter Staff (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Cons: disrespectful staff, tedious chores, short hours.
The staff was not very welcoming, I was always cleaning the tables, and was never allowed to do anything else. There was no praising. The hours consisted of no more than 5 hours a week.
Nice co workers
Grill Cook (Current Employee), Leamington ON CanadaJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: 30 minute breaks
Cons: sometimes you get long hours
The workers i am privillaged to work with always make my day fun and entertaining i would recommend working there
liked the people I worked with.
Cashier/line opener (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: week ends off
Cons: working at drive thru window in the winter.
I would start by prepping the food in the morning to get it ready for the day. then I would go to the area I am working in that day and get it ready.I really enjoyed some of the regular customers that came in everyday.
Wendy's Restaurant Review
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, unique work experience
Cons: some customers can be difficult
The job itself is a little demanding, it is a fast-paced environment. However, the people you meet are priceless and you get used to that fast-paced part of it and it becomes less demanding with more experience. You learn how to deal with difficult customers and how to be a part of a team.
A typical day would include being on your assigned position – more... and working that position with speed and accuracy. If the store gets slow, meaning not a lot of customers, then cleaning is either assigned by a manager or you find something to clean yourself. Overall its an easy job over time. – less
fun workplace but no salary improvement
front cash drive thru and Grill (Former Employee), mississaga OntarioJanuary 6, 2014
i learned dealing with customers, counting cash from tilt before and after my shift. How to deal with food products temp info and when to have enough product on line.
Fun workplace
Crew Member & Cashier (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 4, 2014
I enjoyed working at Wendy's but did not enjoy the management who were also bullying myself and others
Productive workplace, Great co-workers
Customer Service (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCDecember 28, 2013
A typical day at work would start off with coming to the job site, Going to the back to the store to was hands and get ready for the day. Next I would go to the cash and count and double count the cash then write down how much is there. Then I would either start my shift either on the grill or at the front or drive through cashier.
The most important – more... thing I learned was to ALWAYS keep a smile on even if I'm not having the best day, in the food industry and almost anywhere Customer service is always the first priority.
The management at Wendy's was very nice,always looked after there team members first. They always had a good way of taking care of problems when needed.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with customers who are or were having a bad day, but again It's always Customer service is first priority. – less
Good management
Customer Service Representative/ Crew Supervisor (Former Employee), oakville ontarioDecember 27, 2013
Flexible and got me through university, cannot say anything bad about them, they were excellent employers.
Very hard at the beginning. But as you do the job more, it becomes a routine and not that much overwhelming. Managers can be tough sometimes.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONDecember 24, 2013
Pros: meeting customers, nice co-workers, some supervisors and managers are nice.
Cons: not much hours during dead periods, very hard at the beginning, constant moving, always have to do something to keep busy.
When I first started working there, it was very overwhelming. I was trained on the fries first. Thank god I had experience doing the same thing at Pizza Pizza. But it was very overwhelming because I started work aroung Halloween time and that specific restaurant gets FREAKING busy during halloween due to a theme park RIGHT BESIDE! Also, one supervisor – more... was criticizing my work and it was a disaster for the first two months. But as the store got less busy, I had the opportunity to try different positions (fries, grill, dishwashing, drive thru cash collecting, and garbages). It became less annoying and it got easier to bear. The store manager is VERY nice, but watch out for the supervisors. They can be a pain in the rear end, especially is you mess up and you don't realize it.

Co-workers are amazing. You get along with almost everyone. Some of the folks I didn't get along with well was one was a complete jerk and another one was a 50 year old lady who can't even do her own job properly and constantly teaching me how to do things. Customers can be very nice sometimes. It's not like Mcdonalds where you see rude customers.

The hardest part of any position is when it gets busy. The manager is on your back constantly telling you to work fast, pointing out mistakes. Also, I feel sorry for the sandwhich makers. They have to memorize the menu and the order of the sandwhiches and salads (mental stress). Thank god I didn't have to do that. Apart from the sandwhich maker, the grill man faces a lot of stress. You are basically the operating system of the restaurant. You are in charge of cooking the patties, chicken, potatoes and a lot of other things. If you're late for your shift, or you call in sick at the last minute. The supervisors are going to have a hard time finding a replacement for you, because not a lot of people are trained on the grill. So if you are on the grill for the lunch shift and the grill man for the dinner shift is late, be prepared to stay there until they show up. That can be a pain in the rear end. The most enjoyable part of the job is collecting cash at the drive thru, because ou are just getting the money, debit or credit card and making the transaction. There is not much to learn in the position. But you do have to do other things if there are no cars in the drive thru. Another easy job is the dishwashing. You are not under stress, you can work at your own pace (but fast movement though)... but your shirt does get dirty and wet due to the splashing of the water. Also, some of the water get on your face too, which can be annoying. After a shift of washing a tub of dishes, you want to go home and take a hot shower!

As for the discount, it is above average but according to me, is not proper, looking at the kind of work you do and the abundance of food they have. If you are a crew member and you are working on the shift, you can get 50% off. If you are a crew member but you are not in uniform and you are not on your shift, you get 10% off and if you are a manager, you either get the food for free or 75% off I assume.

My advice would be to once you get a job in a fast food restaurant, work there for a month or two and start looking for a retail sales job in a mall as soon as possible. Or if you can't find one, stay there for 1 year and quit, but make sure you have a backup job ready. If your manager is kind and nice, don't leave them midway in a busy season (summer and fall). Work through the busy period and when its not a busy month, tell your manager you are relocating or going off to study somewhere and thank them for the opportunity and how you learned a lot of things and met some really wonderlful people and leave. Make sure to give a two-week notice though. – less
Great First Job
Crew member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 21, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: low wages
Was a great first job. I had a good time there, but i'm currently looking for a Junior IT Security position. It's time I begin my career in a entry level job.
fun great place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCDecember 18, 2013
really fun and helpful place
easy
days went by quick
co workers were great
managers are nice
Best work experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Niagara Falls,OntDecember 9, 2013
This was my first real job ad my favorite place to work, when I started at Wendy's,I was only 13 so I wasn't able to work in the kitchen yet, I cleaned the dinning room and stocked aswell as did storage. Management was amazing, they all treated us great, kept s on track and made sure everything got finished.
Great Place to work, just not for me anymore
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONDecember 9, 2013
I enjoy my job very much, always something to do.
I've learned patience and much more.
I've just felt that the job no longer holds my interest.
Wendy's Resturant
Part-time employee (Current Employee), Oakville Store 6619December 7, 2013
Pros: friendly people to work with
Cons: rude customers
I enjoyed working here. It would be busy at times where hard work was expected. I usually was on front cash because I am very personable however I was well trained on every position. On less busy times I would get the chance to engage with co-workers who I liked all of them. I learned how to deal with people, customers, how to solve problems. My managers – more... would rely on me because I am very hard working and will put what has to be done before anything. They would call me when they needed an extra person to come in and I was always willing to. The hardest part was when customers would get upset over things (wrong order usually) however I would make the customer smile again. Everyday I loved going to work, I have been here for almost 5 years and I still loved going to work because the people I worked with were so friendly. – less

About Wendy's International

Wendy's Restaurants of Canada, an organization of employees and franchises with core values shaped by our Founder Dave Thomas, – Read more

Wendy's International Photos