Wendy's International

Wendy's International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Production
Production/Cashier (Former Employee), BramptonMay 28, 2014
Great job had learn great customer experiances through good and bad situations.
Dining room Maintenance
Cleaner (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEMay 28, 2014
Pros: always something to do
Cons: hard to get through the extreme hectic days.
A typical day at work would include cleaning and stocking the condiments station, cleaning the dining room and tables, mopping floors, and cleaning the bathrooms. The management and co-workers were pretty good to get along with. The hardest part of the job was sometimes it was really hectic and hard to find ways to enjoy those hectic times. The enjoyable – more... part was getting valuable customer service experience. – less
a great experience
Costumer Care Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 26, 2014
loved working in the fast paced food establishment. I also loved working with my wendys family
Enjoyable work place with friendly personell
crew (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 24, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: sometimes very fast paced and difficult to ensure best quality
Positive experience with this company mainly due to the friendly co-workers and management there. Can be physically demanding depending on the amount of customers that day. All requests are taken seriously by managers and all employees are given a chance to make a difference in the work environment. Also very flexible around a personal schedule.
Part time worker
Cashier, General Cook (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 17, 2014
What I liked the most about the job is the friendly relationship between everyone at work. We can work seriously and also have fun when it is not busy. We often share funny stories and also our problems. We all willing to help each other and lend a hand during work. (Last time, before I went back to China, some of them asked me bring back badges with – more... Chairman Mao’s portraits for them.) We are just like a big family.

However, it is not very challenging and does not fully utilize my skills and knowledge. It is a very basic job. That is ok as a part time, but long term I would like a career that is more fulfilling. – less
The best quality fast food.
Employee/Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 16, 2014
The day would be determined by the managers, there are different positions that need to be worked and depending on the position your tasks will vary. I learned many things, team work, speed, cleanliness and sanitation, customer service and basic inventory calculating.
the managers would vary some had passion and patience others didn't care. Upper management – more... were usually professional. Same as managers some employees cared about the food they made and the speed and efficiency, others did not it was just a job to them. The hardest part was cleaning grease by far. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the whole team feeling, I enjoyed serving regular customers and new customers. there was a lot I enjoyed. – less
Awesome place to work!
Crew member (Former Employee), Langley, British ColumbiaMay 15, 2014
Pros: great people and great food!
A typical day at work would be separated into two alternating segments. One of them was the hard-working interval, where the restaurant had to keep up with the demands and everyone on the crew worked together to meet these demands as quickly and efficiently as possible; we were such a good team. The other segment would be the more relaxed stage, where – more... although we still had duties, we could carry them out while laughing and talking with each other. The typical day at work was fantastic.

I learned so many things! This being one of my first "real" job, I learned what it was like to work in a restaurant and what it was like to work with others cooperatively. I learned how to manage my time, and multi-task as well as how to problem-solve. This experience has given me various assets that would prove very beneficial in other jobs.

The management and my co-workers were great! Of course, the managers had to do their job to keep the restaurant at top notch and so they could be strict at times, but I understood that this was their business and that I must do my job as an employee to meet their expectations. I'm glad that my managers pushed me because it taught me many lessons. My co-workers are also great; none were mean or pessimistic, but all of them were joyful and I loved being able to work with them.

The hardest part of the job would be waking up for it. My shifts usually began at 7am and I had to bike there so I had to wake up around 5:45am. Although, I've never missed a shift, I remember it being extremely difficult to wake up sometimes, but once I got there everything was fine.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interactions I had with people. Whether taking orders from the front, or the drive-through, I loved talking to people and seeing all the kinds of people out there, and for a weird reason, this really intrigued me. I polished my socializing skills as well as staying in a positive mood and I think that was the best part about my job. – less
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: health benefits were not all that great.
I got along with everyone I worked with. I opened the store and got things ready for the day.
It was a pleasant experience to work at Wendy's.
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaMay 15, 2014
Wendy's was a very lively environment where in times of rush team members were very cooperative.
Good starter management postion.
Store Manager (Former Employee), ottawaMay 9, 2014
Good place to learn to set up daily task lists, and communicate assignments and expectations for the day.
Can be a god place sometimes...
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 8, 2014
Pros: great people inside and out.
Cons: not enough hours and having to fight for them...
typical day at wendys, you walk in and you find out where your position is. you count your till make sure its balnces at start of day of 200.00. and you do what you position requires, normally i am on drive through, so i take orders, collect money, seek for customer satisfaction. as well i would be washing all the dishes that get dirty through my shift. – more... i prepare bacon pans as well as assist the front counter cashier with there orders if they are busy and have a line up more than 3 customers so they do not have to waitas long.
i have learned a lot at wendys, i have learned more about teamwork, how to prepare the sandwiches and salads, i have learnt the till to a tee where i know everythin on it, prices by mind.
my coworkers are great i have met a lot of great people there. some are even my friends out side of work which is nice.
management in my view is good at times and horrible at times. i guess it just depends on what manager is working on what days. but for the most part i really dont mind it.
the hardest part about my job would be trying to get full time. and having them understand that i cannot live off of 20 hours aweek as i do have a just over a year old son..
the most enjoyable part of my job is just being about to see smiles on everyones faces, emplyees and customers.
i try and make everyone happy, that has and always will be a goal in life is just to make atleast one person smile because i have done something right and just knowing i could have made a difference in that persons day. – less
Good food, Great staff
Team Leader (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCMay 8, 2014
Whether you're in the back making the chicken or taking orders up front, you atmosphere is always positive.
Brief
Fast-food service attendant/Cook (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 7, 2014
Great work environment, there is nothing more satisfying knowing that you put a smile on a customers face.
nice
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Timmins, ONMay 5, 2014
this place was alright to work at for a person who is just looking to make some money for personal use. Good place for young workers and students
Customer service
Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
Full time staff
Learned about dealing with customers and receiving goods.
Every day something new to be solved. :)
Assistant Manager/Co (Former Employee), 620 West St, Brantford, OntarioApril 24, 2014
Working in a high volume restaurant. Introducing new products and procedures as needed. Shift walk thru's and essential part
of maintaining that image store look. Enjoyed teaching and
training managers on proper procedure of restaurant and gaining
there help in controlling food and labor cost.
great staff
Cashier, Sandwich Prep (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 19, 2014
The staff there were enjoyable to work with and over all made going into work less stressful!
the food
crew member (Former Employee), vancouver bcApril 18, 2014
Pros: its close to where i used to live
Cons: minimum wage
typical day at work is you meet new customer and the loyal customer. ive learned how to make burgers, do the cash and deal with customer. my co-workers are fun to work with. hardest part of the job is when people dont understand me because of my accent lol.
dealing with customers
Customer Service Respresentative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 16, 2014
I remember when i was working at Wendys and i was a cashier at the time. The customer was blaming me for giving her a non-fresh salad when I wasn't liable for it. so I gave her a fresh one with free large fries to make her feel better and more satisfied .
Stressful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 14, 2014
Pros: discounted food, friendly co workers
Cons: customers are jerks
Typically required to keep the store clean, deal with customers and get their orders ready in time.
Learned that people are in a rush and want their food fast, and they don't care how you do it,
Management was racist and rude.
Co-workers were the friendliest people on the planet.
Hardest part was keeping up with the rush hours.

About Wendy's International

Wendy's Restaurants of Canada, an organization of employees and franchises with core values shaped by our Founder Dave Thomas, – Read more

Wendy's International Photos