Wendy's International
4,766 reviews

Wendy's International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good starter management postion.
Store Manager (Former Employee), ottawaMay 9, 2014
Good place to learn to set up daily task lists, and communicate assignments and expectations for the day.
Can be a god place sometimes...
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 8, 2014
Pros: great people inside and out.
Cons: not enough hours and having to fight for them...
typical day at wendys, you walk in and you find out where your position is. you count your till make sure its balnces at start of day of 200.00. and you do what you position requires, normally i am on drive through, so i take orders, collect money, seek for customer satisfaction. as well i would be washing all the dishes that get dirty through my shift. – more... i prepare bacon pans as well as assist the front counter cashier with there orders if they are busy and have a line up more than 3 customers so they do not have to waitas long.
i have learned a lot at wendys, i have learned more about teamwork, how to prepare the sandwiches and salads, i have learnt the till to a tee where i know everythin on it, prices by mind.
my coworkers are great i have met a lot of great people there. some are even my friends out side of work which is nice.
management in my view is good at times and horrible at times. i guess it just depends on what manager is working on what days. but for the most part i really dont mind it.
the hardest part about my job would be trying to get full time. and having them understand that i cannot live off of 20 hours aweek as i do have a just over a year old son..
the most enjoyable part of my job is just being about to see smiles on everyones faces, emplyees and customers.
i try and make everyone happy, that has and always will be a goal in life is just to make atleast one person smile because i have done something right and just knowing i could have made a difference in that persons day. – less
Good food, Great staff
Team Leader (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCMay 8, 2014
Whether you're in the back making the chicken or taking orders up front, you atmosphere is always positive.
Brief
Fast-food service attendant/Cook (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 7, 2014
Great work environment, there is nothing more satisfying knowing that you put a smile on a customers face.
nice
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Timmins, ONMay 5, 2014
this place was alright to work at for a person who is just looking to make some money for personal use. Good place for young workers and students
Customer service
Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
Full time staff
Learned about dealing with customers and receiving goods.
Every day something new to be solved. :)
Assistant Manager/Co (Former Employee), 620 West St, Brantford, OntarioApril 24, 2014
Working in a high volume restaurant. Introducing new products and procedures as needed. Shift walk thru's and essential part
of maintaining that image store look. Enjoyed teaching and
training managers on proper procedure of restaurant and gaining
there help in controlling food and labor cost.
great staff
Cashier, Sandwich Prep (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 19, 2014
The staff there were enjoyable to work with and over all made going into work less stressful!
the food
crew member (Former Employee), vancouver bcApril 18, 2014
Pros: its close to where i used to live
Cons: minimum wage
typical day at work is you meet new customer and the loyal customer. ive learned how to make burgers, do the cash and deal with customer. my co-workers are fun to work with. hardest part of the job is when people dont understand me because of my accent lol.
dealing with customers
Customer Service Respresentative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 16, 2014
I remember when i was working at Wendys and i was a cashier at the time. The customer was blaming me for giving her a non-fresh salad when I wasn't liable for it. so I gave her a fresh one with free large fries to make her feel better and more satisfied .
Stressful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 14, 2014
Pros: discounted food, friendly co workers
Cons: customers are jerks
Typically required to keep the store clean, deal with customers and get their orders ready in time.
Learned that people are in a rush and want their food fast, and they don't care how you do it,
Management was racist and rude.
Co-workers were the friendliest people on the planet.
Hardest part was keeping up with the rush hours.
Fast paced, fast food.
Cashier (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 8, 2014
Fast paced environment, always work to be done, however the company does not care about their employees.
Its a job
Sandwich Artist/Grill Attendant (Former Employee), Barrie OnApril 7, 2014
Pros: 50% of meals under $11 full price
Cons: grease getting on your face
Being in the fast food is no walk in the park. When it comes to Wendy's; the one I worked at, they did not like the social as aspect of the job. Training was impeccable and hard to understand, at its easiest.
productive and positive environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Montreal, QCApril 3, 2014
Pros: half prices on lunches and sometimes dismissed early
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work would be very busy and productive, always on the go, from me experience I've learned how to cope under stress and deal with customers in a quick and polite way. The co-workers at my previous job were very polite and positive people, all who've I've enjoyed being around. The hardest part if my previous job was dealing with upset – more... and unsatisfied customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was having customers compliment the way i have dealt with them. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Saint John, NBApril 1, 2014
Pros: good food
Cons: cranky customers
I learned a lot working at Wendy's and about the advertising styles of fast food.
fun environment,
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 1, 2014
Pros: free meal
Cons: shifting schedule
We follow the leadership steps on our everyday shift and the most common thing to do at first is to do walkthrus..This means checking all the conditions of the restaurant from food items, to manpower, equipment. Food safety must also be observed at all times. Cash control must be taken care of.Huddle must be done before lunch peak starts to update the – more... crew aprovide them the goal for that day. We are expected to deliver A level shift. Crews must checked on their productivity level and skills, they must be coached and provide feedback after each shift. The hardest part of this work is the shifting schedule.. Request schedules are not given sometimes, flexible schedule is not provided. Enjoyable part is the environment that has to be fun yet productive environment. – less
working in areputable company and more challeges
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 1, 2014
Pros: free meal
Cons: 8 hours per day
Managing and training new people everyday
I learned lots of respect and valuing my people at work how important they are in the business
to be a leader and role modeling
treating people rights what make me feel important
working with them as a team
Employee Dedication and Social Skills Triumph!
Product Associate (Current Employee), Bolton, ONMarch 25, 2014
The culture and employees at this occupation make working enjoyable and fun! The high level of social skills and continued dedication to work make work cease to feel like work. It can be improved by providing employees with opportunities to showcase their skills and potentially obtain a raise or promotion.
Because i had to.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: we would get half off the food.
Cons: being the last one to know of any changes.
I was a cashier, and when we weren't busy I would stock up, clean tables, and clean the washrooms. I learned how to stand up for myself, and how to truly understand customers. The management we great they were always there to help when you needed it. I got on along with my co-workers, and we would help each other. the hardest part of the job was working – more... late, and wake up early for school the next day. – less
fast paced and friendly
Cashier (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 21, 2014
Very fast paced environment. Provided chance to build on multi-tasking skills and working under stressful conditions.

About Wendy's International

Wendy's Restaurants of Canada, an organization of employees and franchises with core values shaped by our Founder Dave Thomas, – Read more

Wendy's International Photos