Wendy's International

Wendy's International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice co workers
Grill Cook (Current Employee), Leamington ON CanadaJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: 30 minute breaks
Cons: sometimes you get long hours
The workers i am privillaged to work with always make my day fun and entertaining i would recommend working there
liked the people I worked with.
Cashier/line opener (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: week ends off
Cons: working at drive thru window in the winter.
I would start by prepping the food in the morning to get it ready for the day. then I would go to the area I am working in that day and get it ready.I really enjoyed some of the regular customers that came in everyday.
Wendy's Restaurant Review
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, unique work experience
Cons: some customers can be difficult
The job itself is a little demanding, it is a fast-paced environment. However, the people you meet are priceless and you get used to that fast-paced part of it and it becomes less demanding with more experience. You learn how to deal with difficult customers and how to be a part of a team.
A typical day would include being on your assigned position – more... and working that position with speed and accuracy. If the store gets slow, meaning not a lot of customers, then cleaning is either assigned by a manager or you find something to clean yourself. Overall its an easy job over time. – less
fun workplace but no salary improvement
front cash drive thru and Grill (Former Employee), mississaga OntarioJanuary 6, 2014
i learned dealing with customers, counting cash from tilt before and after my shift. How to deal with food products temp info and when to have enough product on line.
Fun workplace
Crew Member & Cashier (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 4, 2014
I enjoyed working at Wendy's but did not enjoy the management who were also bullying myself and others
Productive workplace, Great co-workers
Customer Service (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCDecember 28, 2013
A typical day at work would start off with coming to the job site, Going to the back to the store to was hands and get ready for the day. Next I would go to the cash and count and double count the cash then write down how much is there. Then I would either start my shift either on the grill or at the front or drive through cashier.
The most important – more... thing I learned was to ALWAYS keep a smile on even if I'm not having the best day, in the food industry and almost anywhere Customer service is always the first priority.
The management at Wendy's was very nice,always looked after there team members first. They always had a good way of taking care of problems when needed.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with customers who are or were having a bad day, but again It's always Customer service is first priority. – less
Good management
Customer Service Representative/ Crew Supervisor (Former Employee), oakville ontarioDecember 27, 2013
Flexible and got me through university, cannot say anything bad about them, they were excellent employers.
Very hard at the beginning. But as you do the job more, it becomes a routine and not that much overwhelming. Managers can be tough sometimes.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONDecember 24, 2013
Pros: meeting customers, nice co-workers, some supervisors and managers are nice.
Cons: not much hours during dead periods, very hard at the beginning, constant moving, always have to do something to keep busy.
When I first started working there, it was very overwhelming. I was trained on the fries first. Thank god I had experience doing the same thing at Pizza Pizza. But it was very overwhelming because I started work aroung Halloween time and that specific restaurant gets FREAKING busy during halloween due to a theme park RIGHT BESIDE! Also, one supervisor – more... was criticizing my work and it was a disaster for the first two months. But as the store got less busy, I had the opportunity to try different positions (fries, grill, dishwashing, drive thru cash collecting, and garbages). It became less annoying and it got easier to bear. The store manager is VERY nice, but watch out for the supervisors. They can be a pain in the rear end, especially is you mess up and you don't realize it.

Co-workers are amazing. You get along with almost everyone. Some of the folks I didn't get along with well was one was a complete jerk and another one was a 50 year old lady who can't even do her own job properly and constantly teaching me how to do things. Customers can be very nice sometimes. It's not like Mcdonalds where you see rude customers.

The hardest part of any position is when it gets busy. The manager is on your back constantly telling you to work fast, pointing out mistakes. Also, I feel sorry for the sandwhich makers. They have to memorize the menu and the order of the sandwhiches and salads (mental stress). Thank god I didn't have to do that. Apart from the sandwhich maker, the grill man faces a lot of stress. You are basically the operating system of the restaurant. You are in charge of cooking the patties, chicken, potatoes and a lot of other things. If you're late for your shift, or you call in sick at the last minute. The supervisors are going to have a hard time finding a replacement for you, because not a lot of people are trained on the grill. So if you are on the grill for the lunch shift and the grill man for the dinner shift is late, be prepared to stay there until they show up. That can be a pain in the rear end. The most enjoyable part of the job is collecting cash at the drive thru, because ou are just getting the money, debit or credit card and making the transaction. There is not much to learn in the position. But you do have to do other things if there are no cars in the drive thru. Another easy job is the dishwashing. You are not under stress, you can work at your own pace (but fast movement though)... but your shirt does get dirty and wet due to the splashing of the water. Also, some of the water get on your face too, which can be annoying. After a shift of washing a tub of dishes, you want to go home and take a hot shower!

As for the discount, it is above average but according to me, is not proper, looking at the kind of work you do and the abundance of food they have. If you are a crew member and you are working on the shift, you can get 50% off. If you are a crew member but you are not in uniform and you are not on your shift, you get 10% off and if you are a manager, you either get the food for free or 75% off I assume.

My advice would be to once you get a job in a fast food restaurant, work there for a month or two and start looking for a retail sales job in a mall as soon as possible. Or if you can't find one, stay there for 1 year and quit, but make sure you have a backup job ready. If your manager is kind and nice, don't leave them midway in a busy season (summer and fall). Work through the busy period and when its not a busy month, tell your manager you are relocating or going off to study somewhere and thank them for the opportunity and how you learned a lot of things and met some really wonderlful people and leave. Make sure to give a two-week notice though. – less
Great First Job
Crew member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 21, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: low wages
Was a great first job. I had a good time there, but i'm currently looking for a Junior IT Security position. It's time I begin my career in a entry level job.
fun great place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCDecember 18, 2013
really fun and helpful place
easy
days went by quick
co workers were great
managers are nice
Best work experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Niagara Falls,OntDecember 9, 2013
This was my first real job ad my favorite place to work, when I started at Wendy's,I was only 13 so I wasn't able to work in the kitchen yet, I cleaned the dinning room and stocked aswell as did storage. Management was amazing, they all treated us great, kept s on track and made sure everything got finished.
Great Place to work, just not for me anymore
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONDecember 9, 2013
I enjoy my job very much, always something to do.
I've learned patience and much more.
I've just felt that the job no longer holds my interest.
Wendy's Resturant
Part-time employee (Current Employee), Oakville Store 6619December 7, 2013
Pros: friendly people to work with
Cons: rude customers
I enjoyed working here. It would be busy at times where hard work was expected. I usually was on front cash because I am very personable however I was well trained on every position. On less busy times I would get the chance to engage with co-workers who I liked all of them. I learned how to deal with people, customers, how to solve problems. My managers – more... would rely on me because I am very hard working and will put what has to be done before anything. They would call me when they needed an extra person to come in and I was always willing to. The hardest part was when customers would get upset over things (wrong order usually) however I would make the customer smile again. Everyday I loved going to work, I have been here for almost 5 years and I still loved going to work because the people I worked with were so friendly. – less
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 6, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short hours
Everyone there is polite
Hard workers
Easy to get along with
Fun to be around
Organized
Very stressful to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCNovember 28, 2013
Management was rude and didn't like the hours. Co worker's were very friendly.
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABNovember 21, 2013
Pros: fast place to work.
Cons: to many bosses to listen to.
Wendy's runs a tight ship. I liked how fast paced they are, and the Go-Go environment. Wendy's is a great place to work for a high energy person like me.
a typical day
Crew Member (Current Employee), kingston, ontarioNovember 21, 2013
Pros: 50% off meals on shift
Cons: stress
a typical day at wendys is stressful and there dose not seem to be much communication between managers and managers and employees.
Great crew, horrible leadership.
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Place D'Orleans, Ottawa, ONNovember 20, 2013
Pros: great crew, management works hard (too hard), great environment.
Cons: ownership, poor training, no acceptance of responsibility.
I'm not the type to leave a bad review of anything, as with the old adage of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything". But during my employment with Wendy's, I have always been driven to do my best. I hit the ground running my first day there, as I wanted to prove myself, and prove that there was no mistake made in hiring me in directly – more... as an Assistant Manager.

After a few months, the cracks in the facade started to show. The lack of care for the crew on the floor, the expedience to blame everything and everyone who wasn't wearing a tie. An owner who skimped on Health and Safety requirements, shorted product to save money, and flat out broke some Labour and Safety regulations to avoid losing so much as a dollar.

After 6 months I had to go through three separate channels to receive the pay I was told I would get after three, it took almost 7 months to get my benefits, and had to fight my way through every person possible to get it. There are crew in the store who have been working there for over 3 years, and still making minimum wage. I stuck up for the crew, for standards, and for myself.

Three weeks ago, the owner was still singing my praises, promising new training, and new skills to add to my Wendy's portfolio, and even making comments towards me running my own store, and that we'd talk about it further in February. Since then, I had heard nothing negative, never been written up, or on the receiving end of a "talking to", yet, after a morning shift, the DM and the Owner requested a "sit down" which I expected to be the usual "How are things? Here's some things we'd like to drive towards. etc" that I had gone through with them a few times before. Instead, I was handed a letter informing me that I was terminated and my last day was in a week.

To say I was stunned would be an understatement. I asked why, and the question was shrugged off. I asked again and was told "We just don't need you anymore"...that was it. 7 months of work, over 70 hours volunteered in my own time, plans I put into motion, advancements I made to the entire store, and it was just over with a nonchalant lack of respect.

Since that happened, my inbox and phone have been flooded with messages from the crew in the store displaying their shock and condolences (like in the title, great crew), and I am back on the job hunt. But I leave this as a warning, not to avoid the place, but to go into it with an informed mind, a wary eye, and a fall back plan. There is so much more I could say, could get into, but there just isn't the space to do so. I will miss my crew, though I walk away with their friendship, and their respect is worth so much more. – less
Typical High passed fast food with young employees
Front line worker for dining room and drive thru (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 18, 2013
This was a part-time job while I was attending college. I worked along side teenagers and somewhat made it hard to stay motivated to work hard when other team members just didnt care.

Management was young too but the were all very hands on so it helped inways to keep people on their toes. The hardest part of the job would be watching management picking – more... up the slack of the employees and the employees just not respecting their job description and eventually led to high turn over rates.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being appreciated for my hard work and dedication and being recognised. – less
it was a good job
Cook (Former Employee), brooksNovember 5, 2013
the days were good, I learned how to work In the environment, co workers were good, management was good, the hardest part was being as fast as they want, the enjoyable part was working

About Wendy's International

Wendy's Restaurants of Canada, an organization of employees and franchises with core values shaped by our Founder Dave Thomas, – Read more

Wendy's International Photos