Wendy's International
4,754 reviews

Wendy's International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hot, cramped, and constantly on the move
Fry Cook (Former Employee), London, ONJune 6, 2014
Pros: discount for self
Cons: rush hour
There were moments where there would be nothing going on, then suddenly your using all the product and it is got to be constant. It is hot and there is not much space for walking when people are working. I was bumped many times. So much food was wasted and you are constantly at risk of being burned. I never was given a break for any of my shifts and – more... the managers always put me on the early afternoon shift. – less
Hard work.
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 4, 2014
During rush hour there would hardly be anytime to breath, but the staff was great so we all worked together to run as smoothly as possible.
Good Place to work at
Fast Food Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), North BayJune 2, 2014
Very nice co-workers, you get the odd rude customer that didn't get the right order and they get upset so you end up making them a new burger or whatever they ordered. I enjoyed working in that environment, going to work in the morning and doing food preparation and then opening the store for 10am and then seeing all the regulars come in for lunch and – more... coffee. you get to meet customers that want to come to you and make them lunch, because you have made a good relationship with them. – less
fast pase
Cook (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: discout on food
Cons: not what i asked to work as
making sandwiches, cooking the fries and chicken nuggets and fingers,
flexable hours
DDO, QC (Former Employee), ddoJune 2, 2014
flexable hours. poor management. Good food. Good training. lots of available hours.
Fast paced and always multi tasking
Cashier, Ordertaker, Dishwasher, Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: 50% discount only if you ate in the store & order has to be 7.50 after tax
Cons: split shifts. 11am - 4 pm, 7pm - 12:30am
I found that Wendy's taught me a lot of how to work in a quick and friendly manner. How to stay calm under pressure and handle situations that are thrown from the unexpected. It taught me to think ahead and plan the tasks I needed to do throughout my shift, helped me learn and maintain cleanliness and also improved my social skills.
Supervisor ,CRS Plastics LTD
Team Member (Former Employee), BramptonMay 31, 2014
A wrong order was packed due to quality control's mistake.Then I realized in the morning shift that in the night shift wrong order is made i.e different color of bottles were packed.I open up all the packages and do not ship them.And I also do not grind that order because may be in future that order will be used.So I put that in the back plant.So in – more... that way I do not harass the customer as well as company. – less
Terrible place to work at least this particular location was
Crew Member (Former Employee), .May 30, 2014
Cons: everything
the management was always grumpy and treated everyone like complete dirt
fun place to work, busy at times
Cashier and food preparation (Former Employee), courtenay bcMay 29, 2014
Busy, fun place to work
dealt with a lot of customers. Working with friends was an enjoyable experience.
it was fun
Day staff (Former Employee), Ponoka, ABMay 29, 2014
the people were nice and cared about there employees bosses looked out for you
Production
Production/Cashier (Former Employee), BramptonMay 28, 2014
Great job had learn great customer experiances through good and bad situations.
Dining room Maintenance
Cleaner (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEMay 28, 2014
Pros: always something to do
Cons: hard to get through the extreme hectic days.
A typical day at work would include cleaning and stocking the condiments station, cleaning the dining room and tables, mopping floors, and cleaning the bathrooms. The management and co-workers were pretty good to get along with. The hardest part of the job was sometimes it was really hectic and hard to find ways to enjoy those hectic times. The enjoyable – more... part was getting valuable customer service experience. – less
a great experience
Costumer Care Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 26, 2014
loved working in the fast paced food establishment. I also loved working with my wendys family
Enjoyable work place with friendly personell
crew (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 24, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: sometimes very fast paced and difficult to ensure best quality
Positive experience with this company mainly due to the friendly co-workers and management there. Can be physically demanding depending on the amount of customers that day. All requests are taken seriously by managers and all employees are given a chance to make a difference in the work environment. Also very flexible around a personal schedule.
Part time worker
Cashier, General Cook (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 17, 2014
What I liked the most about the job is the friendly relationship between everyone at work. We can work seriously and also have fun when it is not busy. We often share funny stories and also our problems. We all willing to help each other and lend a hand during work. (Last time, before I went back to China, some of them asked me bring back badges with – more... Chairman Mao’s portraits for them.) We are just like a big family.

However, it is not very challenging and does not fully utilize my skills and knowledge. It is a very basic job. That is ok as a part time, but long term I would like a career that is more fulfilling. – less
The best quality fast food.
Employee/Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 16, 2014
The day would be determined by the managers, there are different positions that need to be worked and depending on the position your tasks will vary. I learned many things, team work, speed, cleanliness and sanitation, customer service and basic inventory calculating.
the managers would vary some had passion and patience others didn't care. Upper management – more... were usually professional. Same as managers some employees cared about the food they made and the speed and efficiency, others did not it was just a job to them. The hardest part was cleaning grease by far. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the whole team feeling, I enjoyed serving regular customers and new customers. there was a lot I enjoyed. – less
Awesome place to work!
Crew member (Former Employee), Langley, British ColumbiaMay 15, 2014
Pros: great people and great food!
A typical day at work would be separated into two alternating segments. One of them was the hard-working interval, where the restaurant had to keep up with the demands and everyone on the crew worked together to meet these demands as quickly and efficiently as possible; we were such a good team. The other segment would be the more relaxed stage, where – more... although we still had duties, we could carry them out while laughing and talking with each other. The typical day at work was fantastic.

I learned so many things! This being one of my first "real" job, I learned what it was like to work in a restaurant and what it was like to work with others cooperatively. I learned how to manage my time, and multi-task as well as how to problem-solve. This experience has given me various assets that would prove very beneficial in other jobs.

The management and my co-workers were great! Of course, the managers had to do their job to keep the restaurant at top notch and so they could be strict at times, but I understood that this was their business and that I must do my job as an employee to meet their expectations. I'm glad that my managers pushed me because it taught me many lessons. My co-workers are also great; none were mean or pessimistic, but all of them were joyful and I loved being able to work with them.

The hardest part of the job would be waking up for it. My shifts usually began at 7am and I had to bike there so I had to wake up around 5:45am. Although, I've never missed a shift, I remember it being extremely difficult to wake up sometimes, but once I got there everything was fine.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interactions I had with people. Whether taking orders from the front, or the drive-through, I loved talking to people and seeing all the kinds of people out there, and for a weird reason, this really intrigued me. I polished my socializing skills as well as staying in a positive mood and I think that was the best part about my job. – less
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: health benefits were not all that great.
I got along with everyone I worked with. I opened the store and got things ready for the day.
Good starter management postion.
Store Manager (Former Employee), ottawaMay 9, 2014
Good place to learn to set up daily task lists, and communicate assignments and expectations for the day.
Can be a god place sometimes...
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 8, 2014
Pros: great people inside and out.
Cons: not enough hours and having to fight for them...
typical day at wendys, you walk in and you find out where your position is. you count your till make sure its balnces at start of day of 200.00. and you do what you position requires, normally i am on drive through, so i take orders, collect money, seek for customer satisfaction. as well i would be washing all the dishes that get dirty through my shift. – more... i prepare bacon pans as well as assist the front counter cashier with there orders if they are busy and have a line up more than 3 customers so they do not have to waitas long.
i have learned a lot at wendys, i have learned more about teamwork, how to prepare the sandwiches and salads, i have learnt the till to a tee where i know everythin on it, prices by mind.
my coworkers are great i have met a lot of great people there. some are even my friends out side of work which is nice.
management in my view is good at times and horrible at times. i guess it just depends on what manager is working on what days. but for the most part i really dont mind it.
the hardest part about my job would be trying to get full time. and having them understand that i cannot live off of 20 hours aweek as i do have a just over a year old son..
the most enjoyable part of my job is just being about to see smiles on everyones faces, emplyees and customers.
i try and make everyone happy, that has and always will be a goal in life is just to make atleast one person smile because i have done something right and just knowing i could have made a difference in that persons day. – less

About Wendy's International

Wendy's Restaurants of Canada, an organization of employees and franchises with core values shaped by our Founder Dave Thomas, – Read more

Wendy's International Photos