Wendy's International

Wendy's International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
typical fast food place
fry cook (Former Employee), barrhaven, ontarioJuly 8, 2014
Pros: 1/2 price lunches
Cons: over bearing management
-fast paced, result driven
-multitasking
-overbearing, always over your shoulder
- pleasant
-the rushses
- discounts on food
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKJuly 8, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch
Cons: no customers show up all day
great learning how to cash in and out making sure its counted right also meeting poeple, taking orders n packing them right.
Great experience
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2014
fun, nice atmosphere, and friendly environment. I learned how to communicate with the customer to serve them with a quality foods with smile.
loved it
Customer Service (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABJuly 7, 2014
best job I ever had as well because I was working with all my friends
A Stepping Stone.
Customer service (Current Employee), Barrie OntarioJuly 4, 2014
Wendys was my first job and throughout my many years working there I performed many tasks and learned many valuable lessons.

For the most part of my career at Wendys I have been on "Drive Thru". This caused me to have copious amount of customer interaction. If I wasn't dealing with costumers one on one, I was taking their order thru a headset. With – more... these constant interactions I learned many a valuable lesson. Some of these lessons include: how to triage, how to handle situations when customers were unhappy, professionalism, and pride in my job.

My mangers and co-workers were wonderful. I was lucky enough to become part of a work family. I enjoy working alone as much as I enjoy working in a team and being a part of this Wendys team was exceptional.

Aside from dealing with costumers, who are different people I get to meet and make smile everyday, I enjoyed being a veteran. As I stand right now, I have worked at Wendys for 6 years and with that comes great knowledge of the store. I am at a point now where there is little that I don't know how to do and this fills me with great accomplishment. If new co-workers have questions they come to me for help and I enjoy that very much.

I have gained very much from Wendys and it has been my stepping stone for my future. – less
Slow paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto ONTJune 29, 2014
This job required a lot of energy. Dealing with customers on a daily basis was no problem. Learning how to make new types of food often was troublesome at first but by being persistent and taking the initiative helped me learn everything i needed to with ease
wendys review
Cashier (Former Employee), Welland, ONJune 28, 2014
Cons: everything
a very harassing place to work, managers are snooty for the most part, you need to have depression pills to even bear working there, you will be cut hours if they don't like you.

never work for that company ull regret it
Making new friends
Cashier and food preparation worker (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 26, 2014
I had some good experience working at Wendy's cause I had made some friends and I like to work really hard and staying focus
Its fun place to work, friendly
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 24, 2014
I Enjoyed working at wendys. its really friendly and fun place to work. co workers are really helpfull and good management.
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
productive while taking orders from drive through. Dealing with cash, cleaning.
learned so much from wendy's
Server and Cashier (Former Employee), TorontoJune 17, 2014
I have learned so much for Wendy's. It was an amazing place to work and I was beyond happy for the experience and the friendships I made
Great crew members, nasty owner/management
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: half-price lunch for crew, free for management
Cons: no time for mistakes, low pay
Wendy's is a good starter job, You go in and you learn fast or you don't work out. On a good day, you leave feeling exhausted but good. On a bad day, you don't want to do anything but stew. The best part of the job is when the customers really show their appreciation, because we work our butts off.
Was an overall great eperience
Crew Member (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJune 13, 2014
Pros: discount on food
Cons: late shifts and time management is tough
Had gained much experience working in a fast paced environment and learned to develop good overall habits within the kitchen
There Management and their wages suck
Crew Member (Former Employee), Lethbridge ABJune 12, 2014
Pros: 50% off flexible hours
Cons: management, scheduling, hours everything but the 50% off and the flexibility
i worked at wendy's for a week and couldn't take working at the one i worked at because the management based how many hours you work on how well you perform the job and i worked at McDonalds for 3 years before and they told me i don't perform my job well enough even though i know exactly what i am doing and that is why i am getting less hours i find – more... that bull there is nothing enjoyable about working here you get treated like a dog actually i think a dog gets treated better. – less
Hot, cramped, and constantly on the move
Fry Cook (Former Employee), London, ONJune 6, 2014
Pros: discount for self
Cons: rush hour
There were moments where there would be nothing going on, then suddenly your using all the product and it is got to be constant. It is hot and there is not much space for walking when people are working. I was bumped many times. So much food was wasted and you are constantly at risk of being burned. I never was given a break for any of my shifts and – more... the managers always put me on the early afternoon shift. – less
Hard work.
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 4, 2014
During rush hour there would hardly be anytime to breath, but the staff was great so we all worked together to run as smoothly as possible.
Good Place to work at
Fast Food Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), North BayJune 2, 2014
Very nice co-workers, you get the odd rude customer that didn't get the right order and they get upset so you end up making them a new burger or whatever they ordered. I enjoyed working in that environment, going to work in the morning and doing food preparation and then opening the store for 10am and then seeing all the regulars come in for lunch and – more... coffee. you get to meet customers that want to come to you and make them lunch, because you have made a good relationship with them. – less
fast pase
Cook (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: discout on food
Cons: not what i asked to work as
making sandwiches, cooking the fries and chicken nuggets and fingers,
flexable hours
DDO, QC (Former Employee), ddoJune 2, 2014
flexable hours. poor management. Good food. Good training. lots of available hours.
Fast paced and always multi tasking
Cashier, Ordertaker, Dishwasher, Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: 50% discount only if you ate in the store & order has to be 7.50 after tax
Cons: split shifts. 11am - 4 pm, 7pm - 12:30am
I found that Wendy's taught me a lot of how to work in a quick and friendly manner. How to stay calm under pressure and handle situations that are thrown from the unexpected. It taught me to think ahead and plan the tasks I needed to do throughout my shift, helped me learn and maintain cleanliness and also improved my social skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wendy's International

Wendy's Restaurants of Canada, an organization of employees and franchises with core values shaped by our Founder Dave Thomas, – Read more

Wendy's International Photos