Wendland Ag Services Ltd. is an independently owned Ag-retail business founded in 1955 with current locations in Waldheim, Blaine Lake, Rosthern, Domremy, Delmas, Cut Knife and Saskatoon. We offer a fun yet challenging work environment with a dynamic and friendly team always willing to lend a hand. We are currently accepting applications for a Maintenance Technician at our Cut Knife, SK location.
Department: Service and Operations
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
This is a long term opportunity for someone who values a career in mechanical repair with an established company serving agriculture.
- The successful applicant will conduct service and repair of field equipment, road delivery units and product handling facilities for fertilizers and other crop inputs.
- Interact closely with Operations and Management to ensure all equipment and buildings are functioning safely and in good order.
- Inform supervising manager of repairs and upgrades required and assist in determining capital and R&M budgets.
Education and Experience:
- Applicant should have some experience in mechanical or farm machinery repair with preference given to heavy duty mechanics.
- Knowledge of fabrication and large equipment repair including welding would be a definite asset.
- We will assist in training an applicant exhibiting a positive attitude, good mechanical aptitude and a willingness to learn.
- The successful applicant is required to exhibit good body health and strength as this is a physically demanding position.
- Individual must display a high degree of self-motivation and self-initiative and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be able to manage time and priorities effectively.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills along with ability to work well with others is required.
- Valid class 5 driver's license with Saskatchewan abstract and good driving record is mandatory.
Wendland Ag Services is committed to the growth and development of our employees through training and advancement opportunities. Group health benefits and RSP package is available for employees.