Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wells frgo phone banker
Phone Banker 1 (Current Employee), Salem, OROctober 21, 2014
I would service customer accounts. I liked the job except the sales aspect of the job.
All sales, very little customer service.
Phone Banker (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 21, 2014
I was told this was not a sales job when I was hired. However, it was nothing but sales and almost no customer service. My supervisor advised me once to send a customer to the branch for assistance because it would take me too long on the phone. She then told me to sell him something & transfer him to the sales department.
Rewarding at times but also very overwhelming at times
Home Loan Processor III (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: inadequate communication from management when processes change
There is no typical day at work in this position, as one case can be quite simple and the next one full of challenging obstacles.

I learned a great deal about the home refinance process, including how property titles, applicant employment and salary information, and overall document requirements must be resolved.

I've had three direct Supervisors – more... and their management styles differed dramatically.

I've met some great people who are co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is when something completely unexpected occurs that delays the closing of a loan.

The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving a thank you from a customer or Home Mortgage Consultant – less
Productive self starter
Home Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee), Diamond Bar, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great customers, culture, free cake
Cons: no reimbursed expenses
• Analyze detailed financial and credit data, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk
• Receive customer applications, quote the rate and points, and complete follow-up activities with the registration lock-in
• Develop and maintain a high degree of visibility for WFHM in the marketplace
• Generate enterprise referral – more... reports weekly for audit purposes
• Work with various department such as insurance, investment, trust accounting etc. to create a collaborative
relationship and resolve issue that arise during transaction
• Perform semi-annual/annual mortgage approximate cost analysis for customer in book of business
• Work with compliance department and ad services daily to increase brand exposure
• Effectively communicate flawlessly with underwriting, processing and closing departments to ensure each first and second trust mortgage funds prior to deadline – less
Business Banker, Loan Officer, Loan UW
Small Business Banker (Former Employee), Roseburg, OROctober 21, 2014
August 2006- June 2007
 Responsible for all support staff training to include basic loan product knowledge, verbal skills to interact with customers to promote loan products and services, and the skills to view a customers’ account for potential leads for sales staff.
 Recommended approval of customer applications for lines and extension of lines – more... of credit, commercial loans, real estate loans, consumer credit loans and credit card accounts.
 Developed list of prospective customers by studying business and telephone directories, consulting business associates and observing business establishment while driving through sales territory.
 Reviewed orders for ideas to expand services available to present customers.
 Called on prospects to explain features of services, costs and advantages.
 Conferred with customers and company officials to resolve complaints.
 Contacted prospective clients through newspaper advertisements and mailing lists.
 Sold products and services to new and existing customers.
 Opened bank accounts for small business owners.
 Submitted applications for business loans and lines of credit.
 Cross-sell specialized business products and services offered by the bank.

HOME MORTGAGE CONSULTANT/RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE SPECIALIST AND UNDERWRITER, WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE
February 2000- August 2006
 Relationship building for new and current bank customers through active listening and utilizing team member and self-generated business leads.
 Recommended approval of customer applications for real estate loans. Have business relationship with Loan Underwriters and Management. Have ability to prepare and deliver letters of explanations of potential financial risks and strengths of clients.
 Interviewed applicants and requested specific information for loan application(s). Information included time sensitive documentations and letters from third party sources to include specific information. Have skills to acquire documentation from third party sources to assist clients and underwriting staff.
 Analyzed applicants' financial status, credit and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loans. Ability to address potential financial risks and provide explanations for many credit and/or employment issues and/or discrepancies that may cause a loan to be denied.
 Analyzed credit information to determine risk involved in lending money to mortgage customers and prepared report of findings.
 Determined if applicant met establishment standards for further consideration, following manual and using calculator.
 Approved loans within specified limits and referred loans to loan committee for approval.
 Approved and denied mortgage loans, following mortgage standards.
 Reviewed information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property and loan conditions met establishment and government standards.
 Wrote, designed and produced closing conditions for title and escrow companies.
 Evaluated acceptability of loans to corporations that bought real estate loans on secondary mortgage markets, where existing mortgages were bought and sold by investors.
 Recorded loan rejection, specifying investor, institutional guidelines and basis for declining application, such as insufficient cash reserves.
 Authorized by federal agency to certify that mortgage loan applicant and property qualified for mortgage insurance endorsement from federal government.
 Recorded data on status of loans, including number of new applications and loans approved, canceled, and denied, using computer. – less
Collector 2 (Former Employee), BeavertonOctober 21, 2014
Pros: dynamic fun busy workplace
Productive environment, fun, and a nice place to work. It was very enjoyable as well as a fast past environment
Productive and always a changing environment.
Loan Verification Analyst 2 (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 21, 2014
In my last position with Wells Fargo, every morning I had to prepare my folders and review documents and make sure all documents are complete and accurate in a productive environment. I've learned alot in the banking industry such a daily policies and procedures. I also learned how the default department tries to assist borrowers to the best of there – more... abilities. I've met some of the most outgoing people from work. The most challenging part of my job I would say would say was keeping up with the daily changes and making sure you follow them.
The most enjoyable part was making new friends and the knowledge I have gained. – less
N/a
Home Preservation Specialist (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: camaraderie
Cons: job displacement
wells fargo is a great place to work
wells fargo is a great place to work
wells fargo is a great place to workwells fargo is a great place to workwells fargo is a great place to workwells fargo is a great place to workwells fargo is a great place to workwells fargo is a great place to workwells fargo is a great place to work
good place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Blue Earth, MNOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great work place
Cons: hard to advance
Great teamwork and management. Friendly and fun. Day time hours so awesome for family time and always willing to work with their employees.
boring
Teller (Current Employee), ny, nyOctober 21, 2014
not much to do when working nights, do not follow through with law breakers
A fast paced and competitive environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 21, 2014
Working at Wells Fargo was a work experience that helped to hone my customer and business related skills. Working at Wells Fargo was a work experience that helped to hone my customer and business related skills. Given the responsibilities I had at the bank helped to increase my self- confidence in a way no other experience had.
Great Environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Union City, NJOctober 20, 2014
Pros: backroom was always cleam
Cons: short lunches
Typical day consisted of a routine of teller.
I learned the database systems
Co-Workers were very friendly and made me feel welcomed.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with customers.
Sales goal is too high
Licensed Premier Banker (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: a lot of face-to-face interactions with a clients on a daily basis
Cons: sales goal is too high
Wells Fargo is not the worst place to work, but unfortunately this company is focuses on quantity rather than on quality.
They will ask you to open checking accounts for your friends and family to help the branch meet its goal and... you can get fired for that...
Recently, the company has developed a new strategy to save money on payroll expenses: they're – more... hiring CSSR (customer service sales representative) for about miserable $14 per hour, so they will do all the tellers work plus will have a sales goal as a banker...
You'll wait for a promotion for a long time...they'll keep promising you that, but will always find the reason not to do it...
Annual raises are miserable, around only 1-2% a year and Not guaranteed.

I wish one day management of Wells Fargo will realize that there is NO value in opening hundreds of new checking accounts with a low or $0 balances and pushing customers to open accounts they don't really need... – less
 Take inbound and outbound calls assisting students with student loan payments
Collector II (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SDOctober 20, 2014
Assist students with options if they are unable to make regular payments.

I enjoy the professional environment and work experience but the collection aspect gets difficult
Great Location
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2014
Pros: location & pay
Cons: corporate america
The workload was challenging in a positive way and kept one immersed in work. The time off was generous.
A great environment to work where your co-workers become like family.
Teller (Former Employee), Prospect, CTOctober 20, 2014
There was never a typical day at Wells Fargo. Some days it was hectic and busy and other days it was slow and tedious. I learned how to work on a team and work in a fast pace environment. The management had its downfalls but overall I had no complaints. The most emjoyable part were my co-workers and the hardest part were difficult and ungrateful customers.
Stable and informative
Teller (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 20, 2014
Pros: every one got along, meeting people from different cultural backgrounds
Cons: short lunch breaks, long hours, unwilling to work with my schedual.
This company for me was an ok company to work for. Day to day work varied sometime it was slow and others were busy. I learned a lot as it pertains to the how a bank functions, rules and regulations and mostly how to maintain my own accounts. Management was supportive although at times completely unprofessional. My co-workers were easy to get along – more... with and were always willing to help. The hardest part of the job was meeting my daily quota of getting new accounts, the reason for that was almost every customer were repeat customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the different people and hearing interesting stories about them. – less
finance
Home Equity Collector (Former Employee), west des moines, iaOctober 20, 2014
i enjoyed working at wells fargo in the financial sector. it was a great job until they started promoting slackers to management positions while ignoring my requests to be transferred. overworked and not enough recognition.
Great working Environment.
Loan Service Specialist I (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCOctober 20, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: temp assisgnment
My co-workers were the best. Everyone pitched in when need. Management was helpful when difficult questions were introduced. The enjoyable part of the job was learning new software and guidelines.
fun
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Hallandale Beach, FLOctober 19, 2014
I loved working for the bank you meet a lot of very nice people and the work is easy

About Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. – Read more