Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work!
Teller (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement, great benefits
Handling transactions and working with a great team meeting all sales quotas, great compensation and incentives.
No Advancement
Work Director (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 13, 2014
Advancement offered to those less qualified and less accomplished based off personal relationships
Good work environment
Phone Banker I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2014
Pros: paid time off
Cons: short breaks
I assisted customers in their daily activities of their bank affairs, also I was a sales rep where I showed the benefits of adding on accounts, getting credit cards. I learned the different products that Wells Fargo offered that makes life better. Co-workers were nice and friendly. The hardest part of the job was taking short breaks. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is great benefits, good management, and providing world class customer service. – less
Productive Workplace
Mortgage OPS Processor (Former Employee), Hockessin, DEOctober 13, 2014
Always room for advancement. Great health benefits. Work environment is comfortable. Room for advancement always. Online training available.
Oppressive Work Environment
Business Banking Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 13, 2014
Cons: everything
Unorganized training classes
Bankers always look stressed or ticked off
Inefficient, impersonal, and worst HR processes ever
Ridiculous quota's create fraudulent and unethical practices encouraged by management
Use of fear and intimidation tactics to control staff
Blatant discrimination
Lack of color in upper management
Worst company I've ever worked – more... for – less
Wells Fargo is one of the best companies I've worked for thus far.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: volunteer paid time off, great hr staff!
Cons: incompetent managers
Wells Fargo as a corporation is a strong and sound financial company. They are very community orientated and encourage their employees to volunteer in the community and give back.

Management was tolerable, but could have been better when it comes to assisting with developing the employees career path. Very disengaged and not very willing to assist – more... in that area of management. – less
Very nice place to work
Clerk ll (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAOctober 12, 2014
Great work environment Great work environment Great work environment
Educational and productive environment
Lending manager (Current Employee), Portland, OROctober 12, 2014
Wells Fargo has provided many opportunities for me in the past - but with the refinance market down opportunities are limited.
Workplace
Banker (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches, day shift, paid holidays, weekends off
Cons: stress, no set schedule, no recognition
A typical day at Wells Fargo as a Personal Banker consisted of customer service and sales. Wells Fargo is very sales driven which made me a sales driven individual . I learned how to turn service into sells by building a connection with the customer and finding out what's their top priorities. Management was not as effective as I would have liked, so – more... it was more of getting advice and best practices from your peers , my co workers were great . We were a team and we all helped each other out to meet goals and was always comfortable with taking constructive criticism. The hardest part of the job was maintaing exceptional customer service , it was a challenge because the team was Un happy due to the sales goals Wells Fargo had in place which then took away the customer service and made each customer more of a number than high valued individual . The most enjoyable part of my job was the bonuses every quarter and raises every year . – less
Stressful Job do not work here.
Teller (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityOctober 12, 2014
Pros: you get an acocunt that waives cashier check fees
Cons: high sales goal, extreme pressure, managment isn't well trained, high turnover, favoritism in promotions
If you've ever looking for a bank job do you usually notice wells fargo is always hiring? Why do you think that is? Because people hate working here. A typical day at wells fargo is you get into to work, your manager asks you how many solutions you are planning to get (solutions are sales). The sucky part about this is that most products at wells fargo – more... suck. If you don't do these the managers are trained to insult you and compare you to other tellers so it can motivate you to be better. Then if you are a teller you getting 11.33 a hour (it's not that much after taxes trust me you'll be making anout 650 if you're full time). Everyday for over two years that I worked here I hate myself when I came home. Oh amd if they tell you there's room to grow in the company it's a lie. – less
Productive professional enviroment
Document Specialist II a.k.a. Receiver (Former Employee), Lombard, ILOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches excellent fring benefits and so on
Cons: none that can come to mind...
The job is very professional and the atmosphere is s productive everyone keeps to their work. Food is provided within the workday by the company it was a very enjoyable place to work.
wells fargo
HOME LOAN PROCESSOR 4 (Current Employee), charlotte,ncOctober 11, 2014
it was a pleasure to work for a company who help you grow within the mortgage field in all areas
Tedious job
Personal banker (Current Employee), Down town fort collinsOctober 11, 2014
Pros: ability to help people
Cons: a lot
The job eventually becomes tedious and easy to become burnt out in
Great Bank
Fulltime Teller (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VaOctober 11, 2014
Loved working with the people and the public. It was busy and Kept you on your feet
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
Consumer Underwriter III/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: professional atmosphere, managers and employees were congenial.
Cons: the computer systems for retail and wholesale were anitquated/obselete.
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage: Highly Professional Employer. Management was well Organized. Training was superior from Human Resources to employees. Employees that lacked any skills in the probationary period were afforded a second chance. The computers system was very antiquated, obsolete. Which made for some confusion.
FUN PLACE TO WORK MANAGEMENT CARES ABOUT EMPLOYEES
Collector II (Former Employee), ORLANDO , FLOctober 10, 2014
Pros: gift certificates
MANAGEMENT CARES ABOUT STAFF. CO-WRKERS HELPFUL AND WRKS AS A TEAM
Wells Fargo is a strong and sound financial company
Service Manager (Former Employee), Buhl, IDOctober 10, 2014
Pros: conpetative wages
Cons: sales focus
Wells Fargo offers many financial solutions to the communities they are located in. But they focus to much on sales and not good customer service.
Phone Banker
Phone Banker (Former Employee), Santa Ana CAOctober 10, 2014
Handle high volume inbound calls from customers assisting with checking and savings accounts. Offer other products and services when needed.
Great coworkers, bad management and policies
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: you can find some of the best co-workers here.
Cons: high stress, ever changing policies
I would review loans for modification and talk to realtors trying to short sale homes. You were given a list of loans to go through by the end of the day and expected to have 99% accuracy.

Management started out okay, but got increasingly worse. We were constantly micromanaged, and publicly criticized in front of peers. Training was poor and did not – more... describe how to do the job, so you had to learn on the go. We were constantly being shuffled around department to department, and policies were constantly being changed on us.

It was a fairly stressful work environment. The best part of the job were the co-workers. – less
Very challenging
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: everyone work together
Cons: busy, busy and busy
Being my first job as a business analyst, i found the place very challenges at first but after i understand the system, i started enjoying everyone, from the project manager to the team that am working with.

About Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. – Read more