Wells Fargo
5,315 reviews

Wells Fargo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work place with fun and respectful employees.
Collector 3B Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch, contest, saving homes, and benefits
Cons: non flexible work hours
A typical work day answering inbound and outbound calls from mortgagors to assist with mortgage payments or get set up on payment plans such as loan modifications. I have learned the in and outs of buying a home and how to assist people when dealing with tough times. The management is phenomenal! We have monthly meetings, Luncheons, and they make sure – more... that we are happy and the business is being ran the best way it can. My co-workers make the work place fun! We have contests amongst one another and still keep it professional. The hardest part about the job is hearing the home owners stories to why they fell behind and the most enjoyable part is being able to assist the home owners in keeping the property. – less
Great Place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2014
Great group of people to work with, much like a family.
No micromanaging.
Great place to work at if you put forth the effort.
Service Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 20, 2014
Pros: incentive opportunities, advancement
Cons: sales pressure
Wells Fargo is a wonderful company to work for. They provide many opportunities for employees to advance to new positions as long as they put forth the effort. It is a fast paced environment where you get to work along side great co-workers and meet great customers. Being in management I have learned how to handle many situations and come up with solutions. – more... Wells Fargo does a great job giving you resources to always develop yourself further. – less
Responsible for the daily sales and operations of mass market branch.
Store Manager III (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 20, 2014
On a typical day as a store manager with wells fargo bank I, conduct a daily huddle to get the team going. I meet and coach with my service manager who is responsible for my teller line. I also coach and develop my bankers skills in the areas of service, credit, and acquisition.
Great Place to work
SQA4 (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAApril 20, 2014
It is a great place to work if you can get a full time position their.
ORACLE DBA ( RAC,ASM,DATA GUARD,RMAN) (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APApril 20, 2014
Great place to work.

Wells Fargo has been a trusted name in the banking and financial services industry, with a reputation for strength and stability. As a indirect subsidiary of Wells Fargo & Company, Wells Fargo India Solutions has earned this same stellar reputation by aligning our goals, governance, vision, and values to those of the bank.
Decent entry level position
Bank Associate- Full Time (Former Employee), Pewaukee, WIApril 19, 2014
Pros: decent pay, nice office environment, low responsibility
Cons: high sales margins, inner office fights
The work environment was very hectic and there was a lot of pressure to meet ridiculously high sales goals. As one of the larger banks, it is to be expected. My main issue was actually the inner-office cliques that formed. The branch manager would take cigarette breaks with other employees (myself included) and she would rant and rave about how she – more... wanted to fire her bankers or hated what another teller did. She gossiped and talked behind their backs and then made crucial career decisions based on her feelings. That was not the kind of office I wanted to be at. But I was one of the highest producing tellers at my branch, so she made it impossible for me to transfer to anywhere else in the district because she wouldn't sign off. The DM just wanted her numbers high and didn't care. So my only was out was to resign. – less
Intense sales environment
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2014
Must be prepared to meet or exceed intense sales goals set by company. Co-workers make the job worth-while, while the sales pressure can be overboard at times. Customer service is very important with Wells Fargo culture as well as sales.
I Enjoy the Insurance Profession
Account Executive II (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAApril 19, 2014
Pros: wide variety of duties and plenty of growth opportunity
Cons: compliance compliance compliance. at times, the amount of compliance that has to be done outweighs the amount of work to be done for the client.
My day is varied and I have many different avenues I can choose to pursue in a day. Having been a manager, my fellow team members are comfortable coming to me with questions and concerns and we work in a fairly collaborative environment when needed.

In this office I learned the the meaning of beginning my day with a plan. Regular monitoring of my plans – more... and deadlines, and knowing how to adjust them when necessary to meet a constantly moving target of priorities.

The hardest part of this job is only having 8 hours in a day. Meetings with clients, carriers, brokerages, wholesalers; internal meetings for the office, for the teams, for the managers; outside classes and continuing training in my profession although fun, make it difficult to just get down to the work sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of this job is putting in the effort and hard work for a client and maintaining those same relationships for years. The clients I serve were here before I began work here, they've stayed through company mergers and acquisitions, and they remain here and are happy with the level of service we provide. This is the part of the job I love. – less
Online Banking
Online Customer Service II (Former Employee), San Antonio TXApril 19, 2014
Online customer service representative consistently meeting all compliance and demonstrate knowledge of financial services to help customers succeed financially.
Worried more about numbers than about people
Phone Banker (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 19, 2014
The phone bank for customer service was more worried about selling people items than about helping them find answers for why the customer called into the customer service line.
productive but slow at times
Phone banker rep1 (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CAApril 18, 2014
Answering customer queries and also problem solving. Assisted in the development of new accounts etc...
Good environment
Late-Stage Mortgage Collector (Former Employee), Beaverton Oregon and Vancouver WashingtonApril 18, 2014
Pros: fantastic benefits, regular salary reviews always performance based
Great management and supervision. Staff is friendly and team oriented. Most enjoyable part was the diversity of the employees. Hardest part was starting work at 5 a.m. Upper management has made a great effort to appreciate their employees and to always put the needs of the customer first.
Great place to work and learn new skills
CALL CENTER CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 18, 2014
Great place to work. Great place to learn new skills and be able to move to other depts. Overall a great company to work for with good managers there.
Great Company for its size
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benifits
Cons: some of the managers should not be in the position, many people have been at the current job for years with no movement
Depending on what line of business you are in the company offers career growth and advancement if you get into the right line. I have learned about the Retirement and Broker Compensation process along with all Retail Reporting
Incredibly Stressful in Home Mortgage
Consumer Loan Underwriter 3 (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 18, 2014
Pros: pto, 401k
Cons: top down management, employee opinions not listened to at all
I had been with the company for many years and ended my last job as a conventional mortgage underwriter 3. Four layoffs in a six month time period. Highly unstable, LIS system is forty years old and terrible. Management is not open to employee ideas. Sink or swim mentality towards all. I developed high blood pressure from all the stress. Limited resources – more... available for assistance. Frequently people crying from all the stress. All other areas of the company I had been in prior to home mortgage were great. – less
Lots of advancement
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, North CarolinaApril 17, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: temp
really enjoyed WFHM hate most of the jobs are Temp but overall a great company
A great place to work
Online representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2014
I was a key part of my team that lead to new initiatives and learning.
Overall a decent company
Full-time Teller (Former Employee), Snellville, GAApril 17, 2014
bulk cash handling, complinace of federal regulations, daily face-to-face contact with customers. High demand goals to achieve.
Nice Place and excellent work environment
Business Systems Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2014
It was a great deal and humorous atmosphere and good team that I worked with

About Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. – Read more