Wells Fargo
6,403 reviews

Wells Fargo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful company to work for overall
Regional Bank Private Banker (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAAugust 23, 2014
Wells Fargo is a great company to work for overall. Their benefits are comparable to competing firms as well as their salaries. They have great name recognition which gives a sense of security to prospective clients which in turn allows for easier rapport building.
Good company
Personal Banker (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2014
I enjoy working for this company. i have many great coworkers and managers. Downsides some unethical sales practices, upsides decent pay.
Great job if you hate your life
Phone Banker (Former Employee), Boise, IDAugust 23, 2014
Pros: benefits for domestic partners, flexible schedules
Cons: healthcare, management, policies, over promising
Before your apply as a Phone Banker, be aware that you must be in your department for one year prior to looking at other jobs within the company. Now, exceptions CAN be made for the right people to advance them prior to these time in grade requirements, but only if you smooch the right behinds.

They will promise you the world up front and never follow – more... through. They will treat you like dirt the entire time you are employed, hiding behind policy, then the second you are leaving, try to bend rules and promise you the rest of the world to try to get you to stay.

As a company, Wells Fargo generally treats their customers like they have a dollar sign over their head. You spend 90% of your day apologizing or telling people no. And then when you have an affluent customer, you'd better schmooze them until you're blue in the face.

The benefits are lackluster, pay and incentive is laughable, and the overall management team is so wrapped up in themselves that you will feel like you're on an island. Your fellow coworkers will be your best friends though, because you're going to h*ll and back for the almighty dollar.

Oh and, they promote how diverse and progressive they are, which is great for adding a partner to benefits, but that's about where it ends.

There are better jobs out there!! – less
Good underwriting training and good group of employees
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 23, 2014
Pros: helping others, colleagues, analytical thinking, independence
Cons: multiple interruptions, non-underwriting tasks
I learned advanced mortgage underwriting and mastered the various mortgage products offered by Wells Fargo. Typical day involved reviewing paystubs, W-2's and personal and business tax returns to calculate borrower's income for qualification purposes. In addition, reviewed asset statements, sales contracts , credit reports and appraisals to verify meets – more... all underwriting guidelines. On a daily basis, consulted borrowers, attorneys and closing agents to ensure timely closing of mortgage and to ensure closing was smoothly completed.

The hardest part of the job was the non-underwriting tasks that took me away from the job. There were many distractions and interruptions throughout the day.

The most enjoyable part was helping customers close on their dream home. – less
Wonderful environment
Phone Banker (Former Employee), Roanoke, vaAugust 22, 2014
Working at Wells Fargo provided me experience and knowledge in the banking and call center industry.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Operations Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: many
Cons: few
Enjoyed my time with Wells (still Wachovia when I was employed)
Was a good place to work and people become your family.
Systems Analyst/Tech2, Wells Fargo Operations (Former Employee), 2125 Butano DrAugust 22, 2014
Pros: lots of recognition, potlucks, catered dinners and lunches.
Cons: no clear career path
A typical day would be great. I would come in and see my team members and normally have a brief conversation before getting started. I learned to be a good team member and how to take care of people. Management was OK most of the time. I got along well with all of my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was not having a quick resolution to a clients – more... issue. The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing a problem that several team members needed help with. – less
Productive, fun work place, with a room to improve
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great work enviornment
Cons: short breaks, hard sales
work is fun, management is very friendly, co-workers all have the same goals and are all very outgoing. Each customers bring different experience, you never really know what you're going to get. The work is stressful, like any other financial institute, each employees has a quarterly incentive goal to meet.
Good experience
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2014
Good place to work for
Nice Management
Good Training
Good co-workers
PRODUCTIVE AND GOOD ENVIRONMENT
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: 6 days a weel
BUSY WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ACCOUNT OPENING HAD THE SUPPORT OF THE MANAGER AND LEARNED ALOT ABOUR RUNNING A BRANCH
Busy Workplace
Recruiter/ HR Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 21, 2014
A typical day kept me busy from scheduling interviews, making offers, and hiring applicants. I loved the fact that my job employed people in order to be a more productive person in society. The hardest part was the constant turnaround where you think you're fully staffed and your not. I learned how important multi tasking is and to accept change at – more... any given moment. – less
Busy atmopshere
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Victoria, TXAugust 21, 2014
I handled all the cash transactions including: night drop, drive thru, coin count and daily balancing of my drawer.
High Pressure & Team work
Consumer loan underwriter -default servicing (Current Employee), Raleigh NCAugust 21, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches, pto, community service hours, benefits
Cons: very often there is mandatory overtime
Typical day is running reports, review doucments such as: paystubs, partnerships and tax returns. The biggest key is time management
Productive and results driven company
Service Manager II (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 20, 2014
overall I'm satisfied with working at Wells Fargo. They promote quickly if you are a hard worker. Compensation could use some work but overall you move up the ladder quickly.
Challenging but tedious by nature of the work
Sales Rep/Phone Banker (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORAugust 20, 2014
Pros: fun environment, daily sales incentives
Cons: half hour lunch only, no bonus applied as promised
They say you can earn an extreme amount of money in bonuses but only 3 people get the bonus out of hundreds, being a top sales performer I was surprised when I missed the bonus by one technicality and that really affected my desire to continue growth with the company.
Great for advancements and diverse cultures
Lead Bank Teller (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2014
Great job for entry level careers who wants to grow and advance with in the company
Productive Work Enviroment and Leadership Skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAAugust 20, 2014
I love interacting with customers. Assisted them with all there needs in regards to there loan.
Member Advisor
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 20, 2014
Company needs to focus more on its employees versus its members, Member Advisors are asked to do a lot on a daily basis and there isn't much training.
Financial Services Business with a focus on customer service
Business Systems Consultant III (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORAugust 20, 2014
Wells Fargo offers a wide portfolio of financial services. Employees come form a diverse background who focus on doing it right by the customer.
PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 20, 2014
One of the big Financial Company. Good place to work with very good work-life balance.

About Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. – Read more