Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Great company to work with.
Agency Liaison (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2014
Every day was a happy day at Wells Fargo
I learned how to deal with various situations.
Top management
Cheerful and helpful co-workers
The hardest part of the job was not to be able to please everybody
The most enjoyable part was the recognition for your good work.
Large centre with an open feel with coffee bars and lounge centres throughout the workplace
Mortgage Recovery Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2014
All aspects of defaulted mortgage legal asset recovery. Primary job duties, email phone and computer skills, working knowledge of legal process for recovery of defaulted mortgage assets and loss mitigation
Pros
Postive management floor meetings, monthly bonuses, flex hours, great work facilities
Cons
Closed
account manager
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  etobicoke3 June 2014
working in side a branch, dealing with customer inquiries and sales targets, customer service in an office atmosphere (inperson, inbound and outbound calls) leared a lot of customer service and respect towared co workers and customers
not a fun place to work for
Senior Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 February 2014
As Trans Canada Credit, it was a great company to work for. As Wells Fargo not so much, as everything change for the worse, pretty much went out of business due to their philosophy.
"Together We Go Far"
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC21 January 2014
That is the slogan for Wells Fargo. I liked the slogan very much. There I learned if you sell, sell, sell you will go far. Management saw to that as they monitored my progress daily. I did very well though with perfect customer service reviews and feedback.

Management was focused on success and instilled that desire in their staff. My co-workers and I teamed up for success, yet, the hardest part of the job was showing no mercy when owning that last customer meant doing it at the expense of your friend's individual success. It was all about business and goals. Somehow the personal goals (at the end of the day) were the most sought after.

I loved it though---working there. I found it so enjoyable interacting with my clients and being a reliable advisor, employee and friend.
Pros
Sales bonuses
Cons
No overtime pay
Very busy establishment, but made sure that employees are alway happy
Operational Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 October 2013
I started with Wells Fargo as Admin. Asst. for the Corporate Administration group and finished my employment as Operational Risk with Operations Group, as I learned about the company I was also moving jobs which consistently put me in a very good position of always learning something everyday. Well Fargo always believed in Diversity and this showed with the varied employee background. Wells Fargo Financial is no longer operational and this resulted in termination of my employment. My co-workers are all considered as family and even with all of us parting ways due to company closure - employees have found ways to get connected- having been this close to each other made coming to work an enjoyable task. Management have always considered the well being of the employees as they know that happy employees are fulfilled employees. Management are always doing something to keep everyone happy and involved be it lunches, raffle/draws or events sponsored by the company and in some cases events that employees pay for on their own and happening after work hours - this was consistently participated by everyone which shows how the employees are happy with the company that they work with.
Pros
benefits and pension plan with matching company contribution
Cons
Do not have any issues with the company
Positive enviroment and was able to play pool
Senior CSR/ Escalation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga26 August 2013
Wells fargo offered a friendly room for movement. Afforded you the ability to grow with the proper tools and management.

Typical day at work involved setting up the CSR for a regular work day. Setting up passwords to assist IT. Management was helpful in allowing employees to suggest and management put together focus groups to allow room for growth within the company. There was no real hardship only when having to leave.
Pros
Pool tables at lunch
Cons
IT maintenance
I make everyone around me better
DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR CORPORATE OFFICE (Former Employee) –  55 Standish Crt Mississauga 18 July 2013
My day usually started very early 6 to 7 in the morning, I was never the type to sit or socialize first thing. The day normally very busy, so when I commuted I would visualize my day and prioritize in my mind what was most important or time sensitive that must be done first. When I arrived at the office I would start my work. Once
the priorities were completed I worked on my dislikes. Time management courses taught me to manage my time and plan for interruptions, Management reports needed, projections (done daily) or meetings. Management was good for the most part, but changes in management in the States were frequent and unsettling for me and my staff, that was the hardest part of my job. The best part of the job was keeping very busy, no time to clock watch, the day was done before you knew it, stayed later a bit. I had to finish what was started and the culture worked it`s way to the staff as they worked as hard as I did. For the most part I had good staff and co-workers, we had a good culture and harmonious working surroundings, doing it right the first time is a good set of values and spreads very easily. That was my most enjoyable part of my job, I was one of the few with the experience, I loved to train people, whether it was one of my people or not, if it was done wrong, train them, demonstrate, watch, review and take questions. As I told my boss at the time, I make everyone around me better.
Fast paced & fun atmosphere

-Personal Loans
-Training
-Bank Deposits
Opening & Closing Terminal
friendly, unstressfull place to work
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario27 June 2013
I was always in early, had a coffee and ready to start before my shift. Review my accounts, Make early calls to Courts first so they could be reached for follow up on Garnishee monies in trust etc. Learned to work with little or no Supervision. Management was great because I was left to do my tasks and if needed could give feedback and ask questions pertaining to my duties if need be. Helpful and friendly experienced co-workers. the most difficult part of the Job was there would always be something at the end of the day that I did not want to leave for the next. Very pleasant co-workers and to be able to work on my own was my favorite part of my job.
Pros
bonuses were great when achieved
Cons
Didn't have any
Terrible everything
Consumer Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 June 2013
Work conditions, pay and opportunity of advancement all poor at the head office location. Wells Fargo has since begun to pull out of the Canadian market.
Pros
Established company
Cons
Salary, benifits, no opportunity to grow
Good opportunity
A. PROCESS ASSOCIATE / PHONE BANKER (Current Employee) –  Philippines28 May 2013
Had a great experience working on this company. Usually receives call about banking concerns. I learned how to deal with irate callers and going out of my way to provide customer satisfaction but within the company's guidelines.
fun place to work
Account Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2013
A good company with family values. Met some great people who introduced me to the financial world
very Productive and professional environment with excellent management team
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,ontario,canada22 April 2013
My each day at work with wells Fargo was full of enthusiam,as i used to look forward to reach a new customer and solve his complex issues.I worked in credit and collections in Retailer and Mortgage departments both,and learnt a lot how to handle issues of different nature and excelled in both.I had excellent relationships with management and coworkers.The hardest part of the job was to succeed in talking to a customer who did not want to talk to anyone and then finally collect from that customer and resolving his delinquency. .The most enjoyable part of the job was when both customer and the company were happy with my Dollars collected.
Pros
gift cards, free lunches and day off incentives fr excelling in the job
Cons
weekend shifts
Very Productive and fun place to work.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2013
Working at Wells Fargo Financial Canada, was the highlight of my life.
I love working for WFFC. The company and its employers were the best. I have learned so much working there.
We had the best management team and co-workers. We learned to help each others when out in difficult situations.

The hardest part of the job was to think that you did not do enough to help a customer or a co-worker.

The most enjoyable part of the job is going to work everyday. I enjoy working for WFFC.
Well Balanced
Bankruptcy Administrator (Former Employee) –  Missisauga14 January 2013
I have worked at Wells Fargo for over five years. The culture and the work enviroment was very family oriented. The management staff were very approachable, very friendly, very understanding. My coowrokers were like family. The hardest oart of the job was meeting deadlines which were usuallly exceeded.

I have learned how to be more financially responsible. I have also learned the bankruptcy and consumer proposal rules.
Pros
free lunches, free company picnic, bonuses
Productive, Professional, Fun & place I could call "my home."
Financial Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2013
The professionalism, culture, the co-workers and management made my day. It felt like being at home. Spectacular
I learnt how to be proactive & professional at what I do best.
The management was friendly & professional.
Pros
regular free lunches almost every fortnight.
Cons
one we had a fire drill & had to use the stairs.
A Great expreience
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 November 2012
Great place to develop.
A great overall experience.
Gained Valuable knowledge on deescalating situations
A great place to work in its day!
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 October 2012
I enjoyed working for the company! I made very lasting friendships. The company gave me many opportunities for growth and training. You were always learning! The company paid well with all benefits included with annual increases based on your performance appraisals. Wells Fargo really did take care of its employees.

Everything changed in the last year when restructuring took place in the corporation. Many people lost their jobs and security and finally everyone did when the automotive division closed.
Great company
Specialty Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 October 2012
I was the jack of all at Wells Fargo. I was the assistant / receptionist . I had many duties through out the company. My duties where not limited to one dept.
Pros
great salary and bonus
Cons
no longer lending in canada

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.