Wells Fargo

9.5K reviews

Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I make everyone around me better
DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR CORPORATE OFFICE (Former Employee), 55 Standish Crt MississaugaJuly 18, 2013
My day usually started very early 6 to 7 in the morning, I was never the type to sit or socialize first thing. The day normally very busy, so when I commuted I would visualize my day and prioritize in my mind what was most important or time sensitive that must be done first. When I arrived at the office I would start my work. Once
the priorities were completed I worked on my dislikes. Time management courses taught me to manage my time and plan for interruptions, Management reports needed, projections (done daily) or meetings. Management was good for the most part, but changes in management in the States were frequent and unsettling for me and my staff, that was the hardest part of my job. The best part of the job was keeping very busy, no time to clock watch, the day was done before you knew it, stayed later a bit. I had to finish what was started and the culture worked it`s way to the staff as they worked as hard as I did. For the most part I had good staff and co-workers, we had a good culture and harmonious working surroundings, doing it right the first time is a good set of values and spreads very easily. That was my most enjoyable part of my job, I was one of the few with the experience, I loved to train people, whether it was one of my people or not, if it was done wrong, train them, demonstrate, watch, review and take questions. As I told my boss at the time, I make everyone around me better.
Fast paced & fun atmosphere

-Bank Deposits
Opening & Closing Terminal
Terrible everything
Consumer Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 25, 2013
Pros: established company
Cons: salary, benifits, no opportunity to grow
Work conditions, pay and opportunity of advancement all poor at the head office location. Wells Fargo has since begun to pull out of the Canadian market.
fun place to work
Account Support (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 9, 2013
A good company with family values. Met some great people who introduced me to the financial world
Very Productive and fun place to work.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 5, 2013
Working at Wells Fargo Financial Canada, was the highlight of my life.
I love working for WFFC. The company and its employers were the best. I have learned so much working there.
We had the best management team and co-workers. We learned to help each others when out in difficult situations.

The hardest part of the job was to think that you did not do enough to help a customer or a co-worker.

The most enjoyable part of the job is going to work everyday. I enjoy working for WFFC.
Well Balanced
Bankruptcy Administrator (Former Employee), MissisaugaJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: free lunches, free company picnic, bonuses
I have worked at Wells Fargo for over five years. The culture and the work enviroment was very family oriented. The management staff were very approachable, very friendly, very understanding. My coowrokers were like family. The hardest oart of the job was meeting deadlines which were usuallly exceeded.

I have learned how to be more financially responsible. I have also learned the bankruptcy and consumer proposal rules.
Productive, Professional, Fun & place I could call "my home."
Financial Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: regular free lunches almost every fortnight.
Cons: one we had a fire drill & had to use the stairs.
The professionalism, culture, the co-workers and management made my day. It felt like being at home. Spectacular
I learnt how to be proactive & professional at what I do best.
The management was friendly & professional.
A Great expreience
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 27, 2012
Great place to develop.
A great overall experience.
Gained Valuable knowledge on deescalating situations
A great place to work in its day!
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 18, 2012
I enjoyed working for the company! I made very lasting friendships. The company gave me many opportunities for growth and training. You were always learning! The company paid well with all benefits included with annual increases based on your performance appraisals. Wells Fargo really did take care of its employees.

Everything changed in the last year when restructuring took place in the corporation. Many people lost their jobs and security and finally everyone did when the automotive division closed.
Great company
Specialty Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 9, 2012
Pros: great salary and bonus
Cons: no longer lending in canada
I was the jack of all at Wells Fargo. I was the assistant / receptionist . I had many duties through out the company. My duties where not limited to one dept.
The most enjoyable part of the job and very respectful administration with lots of new things to learn
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 3, 2012
Pros: very good management with enjoyable working place
Cons: lots of travelling
As one of the The best collector i really liked doing this job but unfortunately company went for restructuring.
Excellent company to work for
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2012
Best position I ever had and enjoyed going to every day. Unfortunately they closed across Canada.
Productive and fun place to work with free day off.
Collection Supervisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: free candies and cookies
Cons: rotating shifts
Amazing place to learned and work in corporate environment.
great working environment
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee), Encino, CAAugust 28, 2012
Pros: the friendly staff
Cons: the extremely fast pace environment
Even though it was very busy, the staff was well organized to be able to handle any customer issue or concern.
Overall has taught me a lot
Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 22, 2012
Cons: they are closing
I have worked for WFF for nearing a decade. I have learned a lot and grown professionally while employed there. The people are great
it was a good place to work
Credit Manager | Loan Processor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2012
Pros: being able to help the person beyond there exception
Cons: putting a face to the name and not being able to help the person
utilizes referrals and company provided sales leads to sell customers a variety of financial services products including: unsecured personal loans, works with customers on the phone and in person throughout the credit application and approval process.

skills, strong sales and communication skills, ability to develop business and assess credit, accurate payment handling and administrative functions. knowledge of E-Mail, Word and Excel software .
Great bonuses!
Risk Mitigation Team Lead (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 23, 2012
Had a great time working at WFF. The benefits were great. The bonuses were great! For a call center environment, the hours were exceptional as well. Management was amazing!
A great place to work. I met some remarkable people, some of who are my friends today.
Customer Service Rep III (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2012
The job was varied and fast paced. I was never bored and liked the challenge of helping another departments or finding missing information in my own department.

I liked the meeting and training of new employees.

There wasn't a lot to dislike about my position with Wells Fargo.
It was good but not the great experienced.
Collection Administrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 11, 2012
I have my ups and downs but it was okay to go to work that you look forward to the job that keeps you busy at the first few years and I enjoyed it but when the company decided to shot down slowly people that you see and became friends with slowly disappered and you feel down but work has to done. I made friends over the years and lucky to have my friends even after we all got laid off.
I enjoyed my job because it was variety and makes me busy and learned a lot in customer service and collection department.
fun office environment and friendly co-workers
Customer Service Representative and Admin (Former Employee), 55 Standish Crt, Mississauga, ONMay 8, 2012
• Provide frontline customer services for a high volume inbound centre for loans such as mortgage, personal, master cards, auto, business line of credit and retail
• Correspond with client’s concerns by providing clear and accurate information
• Tracking time and efficiency using phone system and Fox Application
• Listen and communicate effectively with clients, analyze and probe for investigation
• Fulfill requirements with details of coverage different types of insurances
• Provide assistance to our local branch managers preparing new applications, submitting tickets to helpdesk for errors, creating accounts and resolve minor issues
• Assist customers to update wide range of inquiries on credit bureau and amendment

Administration (Operations Clerk)

• Prepare statement of account and yearly interest paid, produce payoffs letters, extensions, insurances and claims, refunds, pap, return mails and document management
• Organizing, multitasking and operating with other departments depending on the nature of inquiry, identify risk operations, solve problems and retractions of transactions
• Research with various projects, filing, sorting, archived accounts and e-imaging record
• Combination sitting, standing and walking, printing, faxing, mailing and e-mailing, fixing printers
• Attend meetings, share questions and concerns and exercise policies
Headquarters