Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2015
Enjoyed working with wells Fargo .. Learned a lot...Well rewarded and good Salary and recgnition for best performance
So So
Bilingual Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Mississauga4 July 2015
Pros: 200% RRSP match , paid overtime, covered parking
Cons: Managers watched everything you do, recorded everything, such as being one minute late, on the phone all the time with the dialer system
Pros
200% RRSP match, paid overtime, covered parking
Cons
On the phone all the time with the dialer system
pleasure working in Wells Fargo
QC (Former Employee) –  Montreal2 June 2015
Learnt few new technologies. People always discuss new technologies, they are work focused and I enjoyed working with them.
Professional both Publically and Privately
Project Manager II - Business / Finance (EPMO) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2015
Wells Fargo Financial Canada Corp not only understood what project management was but embraced its methodologies and leveraged its tool like no other company I've had the pleasure of working with.
At times the EPMO may have been a little too restrictive with some of its documentation processes but with process coaches and a review committee changes could be made in both an effective and timely manner.
Even though there are many siloed departments, the environment was always an open door structure which not only made it easier to build a broad range of project / initiative specialists but also when extra hands were required we just had to ask and endless volunteers came to support us.
Unfortunately the banking crash took its toll and forced the closure of it entire Financial Banking Services arm; else, I would probably still be there.
Pros
Professional, hard working, but still fun!
Cons
A little over processed.
successful Sub-prime lending
SENIOR CREDIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2015
Being the type of person i am, i quickly found myself being the goto employee as i learned all processes in the branch. This gave more opportunity but also more responsibility such as opening the branch, processing payouts, dealing dealing with head office, ect, - all areas not in my job description but accepted as challenges excite my competitive nature. Over the next few years, promotions and recognition came my way which opened more avenues and challenges.

Although my duration was a few years at Wells Fargo, the opportunities i was provided was incredible. Operating as the stores Assistant Manager for my last year, i found myself being a top lender in the region and given the Branch role of overseeing the Insurance sales and training all staff to meet their quotas.

Upon Wells Fargo closing all branches in Canada, i was kept on board to assist the branches closing prior to my severance.
Pros
Learned alot over 3 years
Cons
Company ended right before potential promotion
Great Place to work for
Senior Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 March 2015
Wells Fargo is a friendly work environment that inspires its workers to work hard with great rewards for the hard work you do. Great place for advancement and retirement benfits
great place to work
Assistant Manger/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  sunnyvale ca4 March 2015
fast paste working enviornment, plenty of opportunity to grow with the company. always had a hard working team. made great money. had great benifits.. paid holiday and vacation days
Bilingual Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga20 January 2015
The days were fast paced as in any call center environment.
Days were filled with variety.
Pros
Undisclosed
Cons
Undisclosed
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario29 December 2014
A typical work day was calling customers on past due auto and mortgage payments, setting payment arrangements to bring accounts up to date.

I've learned to balance customer service with collection procedures. eg: knowing when to show empathy and when to create a firm deadline.

As always the best part of working anywhere was the people and for me I got along with all my managers.

The hardest part of the job is that I did not like collections, I did it because I needed a job at the time. My skills as a customer service specialist is to help people to find solutions for the reason they call.

The most enjoyable part of my job is I love speaking to people and finding solutions to their problems when they call in.
Fast paced environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario10 October 2014
Great company to work for, I worked there 9 years, great management, balance between work and life, great benefits
Productive and fun workplace with great opportunities to grow.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2014
An unwavering commitment to customer service, with the ability to build productive relationships, resolve complex issues and win customer loyalty, for me is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Great incentives
Good Place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, Ontario30 July 2014
Company no longer operating in Canada no need to review.
Company wide closure in Canada.
A great place to work
QA Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Wells Fargo NA24 June 2014
I feel fortunate to work at wells Fargo, more than four year at wells fargo just fly off...
I am a Senior QA, working with Testing Tools Center of Excellence.
It was a day to day challenging work, working with multiple groups, and testing the requirements.
Most of the applications are related to Integration of different tools with ALM and SharePoint.
I enjoyed the part of coordination and the way of dealing with other groups.
Pros
Working in Groups and performing as individual
Cons
Too many integration jobs at one time.
Great company to work with.
Agency Liaison (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2014
Every day was a happy day at Wells Fargo
I learned how to deal with various situations.
Top management
Cheerful and helpful co-workers
The hardest part of the job was not to be able to please everybody
The most enjoyable part was the recognition for your good work.
Large centre with an open feel with coffee bars and lounge centres throughout the workplace
Mortgage Recovery Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2014
All aspects of defaulted mortgage legal asset recovery. Primary job duties, email phone and computer skills, working knowledge of legal process for recovery of defaulted mortgage assets and loss mitigation
Pros
Postive management floor meetings, monthly bonuses, flex hours, great work facilities
Cons
Closed
account manager
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  etobicoke3 June 2014
working in side a branch, dealing with customer inquiries and sales targets, customer service in an office atmosphere (inperson, inbound and outbound calls) leared a lot of customer service and respect towared co workers and customers
not a fun place to work for
Senior Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 February 2014
As Trans Canada Credit, it was a great company to work for. As Wells Fargo not so much, as everything change for the worse, pretty much went out of business due to their philosophy.
"Together We Go Far"
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC21 January 2014
That is the slogan for Wells Fargo. I liked the slogan very much. There I learned if you sell, sell, sell you will go far. Management saw to that as they monitored my progress daily. I did very well though with perfect customer service reviews and feedback.

Management was focused on success and instilled that desire in their staff. My co-workers and I teamed up for success, yet, the hardest part of the job was showing no mercy when owning that last customer meant doing it at the expense of your friend's individual success. It was all about business and goals. Somehow the personal goals (at the end of the day) were the most sought after.

I loved it though---working there. I found it so enjoyable interacting with my clients and being a reliable advisor, employee and friend.
Pros
Sales bonuses
Cons
No overtime pay
Very busy establishment, but made sure that employees are alway happy
Operational Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 October 2013
I started with Wells Fargo as Admin. Asst. for the Corporate Administration group and finished my employment as Operational Risk with Operations Group, as I learned about the company I was also moving jobs which consistently put me in a very good position of always learning something everyday. Well Fargo always believed in Diversity and this showed with the varied employee background. Wells Fargo Financial is no longer operational and this resulted in termination of my employment. My co-workers are all considered as family and even with all of us parting ways due to company closure - employees have found ways to get connected- having been this close to each other made coming to work an enjoyable task. Management have always considered the well being of the employees as they know that happy employees are fulfilled employees. Management are always doing something to keep everyone happy and involved be it lunches, raffle/draws or events sponsored by the company and in some cases events that employees pay for on their own and happening after work hours - this was consistently participated by everyone which shows how the employees are happy with the company that they work with.
Pros
benefits and pension plan with matching company contribution
Cons
Do not have any issues with the company
Positive enviroment and was able to play pool
Senior CSR/ Escalation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga26 August 2013
Wells fargo offered a friendly room for movement. Afforded you the ability to grow with the proper tools and management.

Typical day at work involved setting up the CSR for a regular work day. Setting up passwords to assist IT. Management was helpful in allowing employees to suggest and management put together focus groups to allow room for growth within the company. There was no real hardship only when having to leave.
Pros
Pool tables at lunch
Cons
IT maintenance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.