Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLApril 16, 2014
Pros: job security, managers
As a banker you would make outbound calls, set up appointments, coach the tellers and lobby lead.
It was a competitive environment with high sales goals
Productive and good work life balance
Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaApril 11, 2014
Productive and good work life balance. Team members are most valued and you can freely raise your hand to deny or agree in any type conversations/communications.
Good exposure to different teams around the world
Business System Consultant (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: amazing work culture
Cons: less opportunities for internal promotions
— Coordinated with Mainframe project managers and enhanced the process of gathering and disseminating project updates.
— Prepared executive bios, meeting presentations, internal mailers, and project status reports for the technology managers
— Published analytical reports to drive team member statistics, feedback and suggestions, to improve the existing – more... processes.
— Operated as an internal communications expert for newsletters, SharePoint team sites, and surveys to drive team member engagement and improve the shared work culture across the LOB.
— Helped in organizing town hall events for logistics, collating presentations, and also anchored the Q1 2013 Technology town hall. – less
not a fun place to work for
Senior Credit Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 27, 2014
As Trans Canada Credit, it was a great company to work for. As Wells Fargo not so much, as everything change for the worse, pretty much went out of business due to their philosophy.
"Together We Go Far"
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: sales bonuses
Cons: no overtime pay
That is the slogan for Wells Fargo. I liked the slogan very much. There I learned if you sell, sell, sell you will go far. Management saw to that as they monitored my progress daily. I did very well though with perfect customer service reviews and feedback.

Management was focused on success and instilled that desire in their staff. My co-workers and – more... I teamed up for success, yet, the hardest part of the job was showing no mercy when owning that last customer meant doing it at the expense of your friend's individual success. It was all about business and goals. Somehow the personal goals (at the end of the day) were the most sought after.

I loved it though---working there. I found it so enjoyable interacting with my clients and being a reliable advisor, employee and friend. – less
Great company/Great People/Great Location
VICE PRESIDENT, RISK ASSET REVIEW (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 27, 2013
I cannot speak more highly of this organization. Pre-Wachovia takeover the company was primarily based on the West Coast. With the acquisition of Wachovia they have been able to grow very rapidly on the East Coast and limited locations in the Midwest.
Wonderful people, great work environment.
Requirements Definition Manager (Former Employee), Des Moines, IASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: great people, great work environment.
Cons: can't think of anything that would stand out as a negative.
Wells Fargo was a dynamic, exciting, interesting, and well-run company. Managers had flexibility in terms of how they implemented their business plans, but commitment to the company's overall goals was unquestioned.

I found Wells Fargo to be among the best places I have worked in many years and would go back in a heartbeat.
• Around 7 years of IT experience with exceptional skills in Analysis, Object Oriented Design, Development and Implementation of Web Applications and
Net Developer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2013
• Designed and developed Web GUI designed using ASP.NET.
• Worked on N-tier architecture consisting of Presentation, Business, and Data access layer coded using C #.
• Developed and implemented various Web forms and User controls using ASP.NET, C#, and JavaScript.
• Used various data control and display elements like Data Grids, Data Sets, Data views, – more... Data Adapters to extract data from the backend.
• Designed and developed Web-services using C# .NET, ADO.NET and XML to handle online transactions with central database.
• Developed reusable UI widgets such as the navigation menus.
• Used .Net Validation Controls for validating different controls and JavaScript for client side validations.
• Documented with UML Design Patterns.
• Designed of WCF based Service, Data, Fault and Message Contracts.
• Used AJAX for dynamic web pages.
• Grid view sorting and Paging were properly deployed.
• Utilized ADO.Net technology extensively for data retrieving, querying, storage.
• Contributed to the design databases for several modules and developed Stored Procedures, triggers to be used by the application.
• Used Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) to connect the front end to the database.
• Implemented support for transactions using ADO.Net Objects.
• Involved in different types of testing (unit testing, application testing). – less
I make everyone around me better
DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR CORPORATE OFFICE (Former Employee), 55 Standish Crt MississaugaJuly 18, 2013
My day usually started very early 6 to 7 in the morning, I was never the type to sit or socialize first thing. The day normally very busy, so when I commuted I would visualize my day and prioritize in my mind what was most important or time sensitive that must be done first. When I arrived at the office I would start my work. Once
the priorities were – more... completed I worked on my dislikes. Time management courses taught me to manage my time and plan for interruptions, Management reports needed, projections (done daily) or meetings. Management was good for the most part, but changes in management in the States were frequent and unsettling for me and my staff, that was the hardest part of my job. The best part of the job was keeping very busy, no time to clock watch, the day was done before you knew it, stayed later a bit. I had to finish what was started and the culture worked it`s way to the staff as they worked as hard as I did. For the most part I had good staff and co-workers, we had a good culture and harmonious working surroundings, doing it right the first time is a good set of values and spreads very easily. That was my most enjoyable part of my job, I was one of the few with the experience, I loved to train people, whether it was one of my people or not, if it was done wrong, train them, demonstrate, watch, review and take questions. As I told my boss at the time, I make everyone around me better. – less
Fast paced & fun atmosphere

-Bank Deposits
Opening & Closing Terminal
fun place to work
Account Support (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 9, 2013
A good company with family values. Met some great people who introduced me to the financial world
Work - Life Balance
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, IndiaApril 16, 2013
1. A great place to work.
2. A good working environment, nice team
3. Motivating leaders
Good overall company.
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 8, 2013
Management wasn't the best. Strict rules with home mortgages. Quite a few irate customers. The management was unwilling to help the team with difficult tasks and wanted to do their own things. Co-workers were a pleasure to work with though.
Very Productive and fun place to work.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 5, 2013
Working at Wells Fargo Financial Canada, was the highlight of my life.
I love working for WFFC. The company and its employers were the best. I have learned so much working there.
We had the best management team and co-workers. We learned to help each others when out in difficult situations.

The hardest part of the job was to think that you did not – more... do enough to help a customer or a co-worker.

The most enjoyable part of the job is going to work everyday. I enjoy working for WFFC. – less
An amazing place to start off one's career with great work/life balance.
Senior Mortgaged Backed Securities Analyst (Former Employee), Columbia, MDFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: free dinner
Cons: long production hours
Wells Fargo is a comfortable place to work, I knew exactly what I did so nobody came breathing down my neck or making me feel uncomfortable.
I was trained properly and I'm extremely grateful for the knowledge I got.
Management is great, even though I managed a few people I was never considered as such which I believe is due to salary increase issues – more... which I totally understand.
My co-workers are awesome, it is an amazing place to work.
Hardest part of the job is working hard each day and hoping for an upward movement in career but that opportunity never came.
Most enjoyable part of the job will have to be my co-workers as well as both internal and external clients.
Wells Fargo is a highly respected company in the industry and if I have the opportunity to work there again, I will. – less
Well Balanced
Bankruptcy Administrator (Former Employee), MissisaugaJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: free lunches, free company picnic, bonuses
I have worked at Wells Fargo for over five years. The culture and the work enviroment was very family oriented. The management staff were very approachable, very friendly, very understanding. My coowrokers were like family. The hardest oart of the job was meeting deadlines which were usuallly exceeded.

I have learned how to be more financially responsible. – more... I have also learned the bankruptcy and consumer proposal rules. – less
Productive, Professional, Fun & place I could call "my home."
Financial Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: regular free lunches almost every fortnight.
Cons: one we had a fire drill & had to use the stairs.
The professionalism, culture, the co-workers and management made my day. It felt like being at home. Spectacular
I learnt how to be proactive & professional at what I do best.
The management was friendly & professional.
Great organization
VICE PRESIDENT - RISK ASSET REVIEW (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 10, 2012
Cannot say enough good things about them. Great organization and very well run internally and externally.
A Great expreience
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 27, 2012
Great place to develop.
A great overall experience.
Gained Valuable knowledge on deescalating situations
A great place to work in its day!
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 18, 2012
I enjoyed working for the company! I made very lasting friendships. The company gave me many opportunities for growth and training. You were always learning! The company paid well with all benefits included with annual increases based on your performance appraisals. Wells Fargo really did take care of its employees.

Everything changed in the last year – more... when restructuring took place in the corporation. Many people lost their jobs and security and finally everyone did when the automotive division closed. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. – Read more