Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Wholesale Credit Analyst, Commercial Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
Wells Fargo is a good place to begin your career. They have a structured work environment for new analysts. They invest a lot in your training on the job. Management in Canada is a bit lax compared to the states as it is a new enterprise here.
Been with the company since college
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC28 June 2016
Typical grinding sales job, very little micro managing if your an active performer. Overall enjoy working for Wells Fargo. Excellent company to work for, lots of room for advancement.
Pros
Expands your network
Cons
High Sales goals
Productive and Good workplace balance
Real Estate Operations Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Missisauga16 April 2016
I loved the the environment at Wells Fargo Financials and would never leave this employer, but unfortunately the operations of this employer was closed down in Canada and moved to USA..so I changed my job. But I would have not left this Company.
Pros
Free lunchs all the time
Cons
Good work life balance
A family more than a job
PC/LAN Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 June 2016
Working with Wells Fargo bank International is a very rewarding experience, its more of a family that a bunch of people working together which is why its such a great place to work and you feel a great deal of pride.
Pros
Cares for its staff
Cons
Very strict in unnecessary IT areas.
Awesome place to work and very good compensation
Mortgage Default Recovery Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 May 2016
They work environment is fun with amazing co workers as well they compensate their employees very well and if they if came back to Canada I would be the first person lined up at the door for the job
A great place to work in its day!
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 October 2012
I enjoyed working for the company! I made very lasting friendships. The company gave me many opportunities for growth and training. You were always learning! The company paid well with all benefits included with annual increases based on your performance appraisals. Wells Fargo really did take care of its employees.

Everything changed in the last year when restructuring took place in the corporation. Many people lost their jobs and security and finally everyone did when the automotive division closed.
Fun Place to work
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2015
Enjoyed working with wells Fargo .. Learned a lot...Well rewarded and good Salary and recgnition for best performance
Very busy establishment, but made sure that employees are alway happy
Operational Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 October 2013
I started with Wells Fargo as Admin. Asst. for the Corporate Administration group and finished my employment as Operational Risk with Operations Group, as I learned about the company I was also moving jobs which consistently put me in a very good position of always learning something everyday. Well Fargo always believed in Diversity and this showed with the varied employee background. Wells Fargo Financial is no longer operational and this resulted in termination of my employment. My co-workers are all considered as family and even with all of us parting ways due to company closure - employees have found ways to get connected- having been this close to each other made coming to work an enjoyable task. Management have always considered the well being of the employees as they know that happy employees are fulfilled employees. Management are always doing something to keep everyone happy and involved be it lunches, raffle/draws or events sponsored by the company and in some cases events that employees pay for on their own and happening after work hours - this was consistently participated by everyone which shows how the employees are happy with the company that they work with.
Pros
benefits and pension plan with matching company contribution
Cons
Do not have any issues with the company
Terrible everything
Consumer Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 June 2013
Work conditions, pay and opportunity of advancement all poor at the head office location. Wells Fargo has since begun to pull out of the Canadian market.
Pros
Established company
Cons
Salary, benifits, no opportunity to grow
great place to work
Assistant Manger/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  sunnyvale ca4 March 2015
fast paste working enviornment, plenty of opportunity to grow with the company. always had a hard working team. made great money. had great benifits.. paid holiday and vacation days
Fast paced environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario10 October 2014
Great company to work for, I worked there 9 years, great management, balance between work and life, great benefits
Great bonuses!
Risk Mitigation Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 May 2012
Had a great time working at WFF. The benefits were great. The bonuses were great! For a call center environment, the hours were exceptional as well. Management was amazing!
Great company
Specialty Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 October 2012
I was the jack of all at Wells Fargo. I was the assistant / receptionist . I had many duties through out the company. My duties where not limited to one dept.
Pros
great salary and bonus
Cons
no longer lending in canada
Great Experience and Learned a lot at Wells Fargo
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ2 January 2016
I enjoyed my time at Wells Fargo in Bridgewater two summers ago. Ever since my time there I have been interested in continuing my education in financial studies and working for a financial corporation prior to and during working towards my masters degree.
good company.
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 January 2016
It was very good experience at Wells Fargo, a company where there is lot of scope to learn and share ideas. professional team and very flexible at work.
successful Sub-prime lending
SENIOR CREDIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2015
Being the type of person i am, i quickly found myself being the goto employee as i learned all processes in the branch. This gave more opportunity but also more responsibility such as opening the branch, processing payouts, dealing dealing with head office, ect, - all areas not in my job description but accepted as challenges excite my competitive nature. Over the next few years, promotions and recognition came my way which opened more avenues and challenges.

Although my duration was a few years at Wells Fargo, the opportunities i was provided was incredible. Operating as the stores Assistant Manager for my last year, i found myself being a top lender in the region and given the Branch role of overseeing the Insurance sales and training all staff to meet their quotas.

Upon Wells Fargo closing all branches in Canada, i was kept on board to assist the branches closing prior to my severance.
Pros
Learned alot over 3 years
Cons
Company ended right before potential promotion
c'est une bonne expérience
Gestionnaire de crédit (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 December 2015
Responsable d’effectuer les analyses de crédit et de solvabilité, d’effectuer des appels de vente et de planifier et
gérer des rendezvous.
Assurer la gestion de portefeuilles des prêts personnels et hypothécaires et assurer la
conclusion et la signature des documents légaux
Too much sales
Senior Bilingual Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 August 2015
Large size company, very well run. Would still be work if the company never downsized. Training was very thorough and detailed. Would recommend this company to others for employment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours and low commission
Professional both Publically and Privately
Project Manager II - Business / Finance (EPMO) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2015
Wells Fargo Financial Canada Corp not only understood what project management was but embraced its methodologies and leveraged its tool like no other company I've had the pleasure of working with.
At times the EPMO may have been a little too restrictive with some of its documentation processes but with process coaches and a review committee changes could be made in both an effective and timely manner.
Even though there are many siloed departments, the environment was always an open door structure which not only made it easier to build a broad range of project / initiative specialists but also when extra hands were required we just had to ask and endless volunteers came to support us.
Unfortunately the banking crash took its toll and forced the closure of it entire Financial Banking Services arm; else, I would probably still be there.
Pros
Professional, hard working, but still fun!
Cons
A little over processed.
"Together We Go Far"
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC21 January 2014
That is the slogan for Wells Fargo. I liked the slogan very much. There I learned if you sell, sell, sell you will go far. Management saw to that as they monitored my progress daily. I did very well though with perfect customer service reviews and feedback.

Management was focused on success and instilled that desire in their staff. My co-workers and I teamed up for success, yet, the hardest part of the job was showing no mercy when owning that last customer meant doing it at the expense of your friend's individual success. It was all about business and goals. Somehow the personal goals (at the end of the day) were the most sought after.

I loved it though---working there. I found it so enjoyable interacting with my clients and being a reliable advisor, employee and friend.
Pros
Sales bonuses
Cons
No overtime pay